Live in another decade?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,859
If you could live in another decade, which would it be?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,859
If you could live in another decade, which would it be?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,695
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Probably the 00's. The Internet wasn't the dumpster fire it is today, and on the game side it gives two generations worth of new consoles and games.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,695 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Probably the 00's. The Internet wasn't the dumpster fire it is today, and on the game side it gives two generations worth of new consoles and games.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,153
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Perhaps the 1960s. I'd love to witness the Space Race first-hand... although I'm not sure I'd be an F1 fan, since driver fatalities were still very much the norm then Sad !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,153 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Perhaps the 1960s. I'd love to witness the Space Race first-hand... although I'm not sure I'd be an F1 fan, since driver fatalities were still very much the norm then Sad !
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can't say I'd want to choose. The persecution of my values as both a brown person and a queer person would definitely not be met in kind. Reliving the decades I've already lived in feels like a cheap cop-out, but at least I know I'd be safer than anything else lol

If I try and ignore how I'd be viewed by others and could just slot right in, probably the 1950's. The shift into rock and roll and TV era would be so fascinating to see.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I can't say I'd want to choose. The persecution of my values as both a brown person and a queer person would definitely not be met in kind. Reliving the decades I've already lived in feels like a cheap cop-out, but at least I know I'd be safer than anything else lol

If I try and ignore how I'd be viewed by others and could just slot right in, probably the 1950's. The shift into rock and roll and TV era would be so fascinating to see.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,695
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 2nd, 2024, 02:20 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
...my values as both a brown person and a queer person would definitely not be met in kind.
omg eww eww eww *pokes her with a stick* Sick
I'm probably sleeping on the couch for this silliness.

I know this goes beyond the scope of what the original question asks but coming back in here to read the responses I couldn't help but wonder if everyone else in our families would be alive at the age they were at the time or if the whole family line just goes backwards in time and what the consequences of either approach would be. Like if I go back to the 00's am I back living with my parents at my current age while they're at the ages they were at the time? Or if @Kyng and @ShiraNoMai went back to the 60's and 50's respectively are their parents younger than them or maybe not born yet or whatever? If the whole family tree goes backwards x amount of time, how different does everyone turn out having grown up in entirely different decades? ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,695 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 2nd, 2024, 02:20 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
...my values as both a brown person and a queer person would definitely not be met in kind.
omg eww eww eww *pokes her with a stick* Sick
I'm probably sleeping on the couch for this silliness.

I know this goes beyond the scope of what the original question asks but coming back in here to read the responses I couldn't help but wonder if everyone else in our families would be alive at the age they were at the time or if the whole family line just goes backwards in time and what the consequences of either approach would be. Like if I go back to the 00's am I back living with my parents at my current age while they're at the ages they were at the time? Or if @Kyng and @ShiraNoMai went back to the 60's and 50's respectively are their parents younger than them or maybe not born yet or whatever? If the whole family tree goes backwards x amount of time, how different does everyone turn out having grown up in entirely different decades? ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's It Like Where You Live? Moonface 4 2,816 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:12 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Live Music Mr EliteL 9 7,809 Jul 13th, 2022, 02:40 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Live Action Movies Moonface 2 3,292 Jul 29th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface