Gaming PCs
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Somehow I didn't know Intel had reached i9 processors even though in hindsight it was obvious they would have hit that point. Sweat
Seems like you have a build that'll last you a pretty good while though by the looks of it. How much did it come to for it?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Somehow I didn't know Intel had reached i9 processors even though in hindsight it was obvious they would have hit that point. Sweat
Seems like you have a build that'll last you a pretty good while though by the looks of it. How much did it come to for it?
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
XP: 192
It was $1299 in total, but split into 6 payments on Amazon. My old PC died unexpectedly (had that build for many years), so timing was an issue. But we had just enough to get the new one. What a relief. I was very stressed. Sad
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
XP: 192
It was $1299 in total, but split into 6 payments on Amazon. My old PC died unexpectedly (had that build for many years), so timing was an issue. But we had just enough to get the new one. What a relief. I was very stressed. Sad
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
@zoldos Hey that's a sweet ass set up! Considering you have 16 gigs of ram, I'm assuming it's DDR4 which means it is way more accessible to buy ram. I want to try DDR5 but pricey and availability. Plus I'm still on a 5900x so I don't think there's any motherboards for both.

I have a 3070 myself and it's still a beast even after 40 series released
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
@zoldos Hey that's a sweet ass set up! Considering you have 16 gigs of ram, I'm assuming it's DDR4 which means it is way more accessible to buy ram. I want to try DDR5 but pricey and availability. Plus I'm still on a 5900x so I don't think there's any motherboards for both.

I have a 3070 myself and it's still a beast even after 40 series released
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So @ShiraNoMai decided to look for a new laptop for me earlier today (I forget what prompted her to do it in that exact moment) and she managed to find this laptop from Dell that had $500 off:
  • Processor: Intel Core i9 (13th Gen, 24 cores)
  • Graphics: NVidia GeForce RTX 4060, 8GB GDDR6
  • Memory: 32GB DDR5
  • Storage: 2TB M.2 SSD
It should be arriving in a couple of days, and it'll be interesting to see what it's like having 4x the amount of RAM that I currently have and whatever level of upgrade the processor and graphics cards are compared to what I have now too.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So @ShiraNoMai decided to look for a new laptop for me earlier today (I forget what prompted her to do it in that exact moment) and she managed to find this laptop from Dell that had $500 off:
  • Processor: Intel Core i9 (13th Gen, 24 cores)
  • Graphics: NVidia GeForce RTX 4060, 8GB GDDR6
  • Memory: 32GB DDR5
  • Storage: 2TB M.2 SSD
It should be arriving in a couple of days, and it'll be interesting to see what it's like having 4x the amount of RAM that I currently have and whatever level of upgrade the processor and graphics cards are compared to what I have now too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Here's what I bought recently, have the box right next to me ready to be opened too. I wanted to make sure it arrived safe and sound and most importantly in my physical possession. XD

MSI Raider
  • 17" 16:10 QHD+(2560 x 1600), 240Hz IPS-level panel
  • Intel Core i9-14900HX Processor
  • RTX 4080, GDDR6 12GB
  • DDR5 32GB
  • 4TB NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 SSD

If I was stupidly crazy I know I could go higher but I didn't want the absolute best a laptop can give plus it's way too much, just little below that but far more than what I decided on 3 years ago. Paid a bit more than I liked but decided to not settle on something cheaper, just get this beast now and be done with it, no more searching, no more wishing I had something better.

What I have/had before using Genshin and some other games:
  • 15.6" FHD 1920x1080
  • Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (below recommended for Genshin)
  • 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • 1TB SSD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Here's what I bought recently, have the box right next to me ready to be opened too. I wanted to make sure it arrived safe and sound and most importantly in my physical possession. XD

MSI Raider
  • 17" 16:10 QHD+(2560 x 1600), 240Hz IPS-level panel
  • Intel Core i9-14900HX Processor
  • RTX 4080, GDDR6 12GB
  • DDR5 32GB
  • 4TB NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 SSD

If I was stupidly crazy I know I could go higher but I didn't want the absolute best a laptop can give plus it's way too much, just little below that but far more than what I decided on 3 years ago. Paid a bit more than I liked but decided to not settle on something cheaper, just get this beast now and be done with it, no more searching, no more wishing I had something better.

What I have/had before using Genshin and some other games:
  • 15.6" FHD 1920x1080
  • Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (below recommended for Genshin)
  • 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • 1TB SSD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dang, we both got pretty similar specs by the look of it at a glance. How much did your one cost @Mr EliteL?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dang, we both got pretty similar specs by the look of it at a glance. How much did your one cost @Mr EliteL?
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah those are some BEEFY specs on a laptop, easily over the 2-grand mark if I had to make a guess. I'm very happy for you, though, EL; I think that's a good investment. I also have a MSI Laptop (mine's a Stealth model) and it's a pretty solid build. Has some minor issues (battery was dying & replacement battery I got was DOA; will hang if left on idle for multiple hours (nothing a force shutdown can't fix; it boots in seconds)) but I've overall enjoyed all the specs it had to offer.

Make sure you keep it sufficiently cooled, I'd say. The beefier the laptop, the more hot it'll get. Definitely invest in a cooling pad if you don't already have one. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah those are some BEEFY specs on a laptop, easily over the 2-grand mark if I had to make a guess. I'm very happy for you, though, EL; I think that's a good investment. I also have a MSI Laptop (mine's a Stealth model) and it's a pretty solid build. Has some minor issues (battery was dying & replacement battery I got was DOA; will hang if left on idle for multiple hours (nothing a force shutdown can't fix; it boots in seconds)) but I've overall enjoyed all the specs it had to offer.

Make sure you keep it sufficiently cooled, I'd say. The beefier the laptop, the more hot it'll get. Definitely invest in a cooling pad if you don't already have one. Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It was originally £3.7k, got it for £2.9k instead. Yeah my plan was to aim for under 2k but ended up going under 3k. It's noisy as hell but I did lower the fan usage so it's not going crazy when I'm just downloading or just surfing the web for no damn reason. If I play a game I'll put the fans up a bit more. Well, fan in this case as one fan doesn't work like I mentioned in Prime Day Sales, and also mentioned there getting a better cooling pad for it.

I booted up Wuthering though and it is gorgeous so it's only the fans at the moment that are a slight problem. It's nice and quiet at low fan power though, just have to change settings every now and then.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It was originally £3.7k, got it for £2.9k instead. Yeah my plan was to aim for under 2k but ended up going under 3k. It's noisy as hell but I did lower the fan usage so it's not going crazy when I'm just downloading or just surfing the web for no damn reason. If I play a game I'll put the fans up a bit more. Well, fan in this case as one fan doesn't work like I mentioned in Prime Day Sales, and also mentioned there getting a better cooling pad for it.

I booted up Wuthering though and it is gorgeous so it's only the fans at the moment that are a slight problem. It's nice and quiet at low fan power though, just have to change settings every now and then.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nice laptop, Elite! Yeah, I figured with a 4080 and 4TB SSD, you'd probably be pushing close to 3K. Though hey, $700 off is pretty damn good. MSI is, from what I've seen around, a very good brand to get as well, so very nice choice. Also yeah, unfortunately gaming laptops will have loud as hell fans. Just one of the trade-offs you gotta make for having all of that in much smaller housing.

Enjoy WuWa in all of its glory! It's a very beautiful game and glad you'll get to see that in full now! I'd say the same for Genshin, but PS5 Genshin is actually the better looking version, so you've already seen it at its best, haha. Well, outside of playing on an OLED TV instead, but small details.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nice laptop, Elite! Yeah, I figured with a 4080 and 4TB SSD, you'd probably be pushing close to 3K. Though hey, $700 off is pretty damn good. MSI is, from what I've seen around, a very good brand to get as well, so very nice choice. Also yeah, unfortunately gaming laptops will have loud as hell fans. Just one of the trade-offs you gotta make for having all of that in much smaller housing.

Enjoy WuWa in all of its glory! It's a very beautiful game and glad you'll get to see that in full now! I'd say the same for Genshin, but PS5 Genshin is actually the better looking version, so you've already seen it at its best, haha. Well, outside of playing on an OLED TV instead, but small details.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2024, 02:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hold up, you spent almost 3k on a laptop and a fan doesn't work? I'd be sending the thing back for a replacement rather than accepting that. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2024, 02:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hold up, you spent almost 3k on a laptop and a fan doesn't work? I'd be sending the thing back for a replacement rather than accepting that. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I haven't checked the fan out yet myself, but it's not being bothersome at the moment, although I haven't used it for a really extended period apart from when downloading the two games, but my small fans helped it during that. I played unplugged and the fan didn't come on while playing Wuthering, it's so much calmer nor did it get hot. The new cooler fans today should do more than the small four fans as well so I will turn the fan settings down unless there is a moment where it does get too hot.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I haven't checked the fan out yet myself, but it's not being bothersome at the moment, although I haven't used it for a really extended period apart from when downloading the two games, but my small fans helped it during that. I played unplugged and the fan didn't come on while playing Wuthering, it's so much calmer nor did it get hot. The new cooler fans today should do more than the small four fans as well so I will turn the fan settings down unless there is a moment where it does get too hot.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Now that you and Moon have new laptops that can handle games better... it's time to bring you guys to Cape Hope! Where I definitely won't use cursed objects to get everyone killed.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Now that you and Moon have new laptops that can handle games better... it's time to bring you guys to Cape Hope! Where I definitely won't use cursed objects to get everyone killed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 19th, 2024, 05:55 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't think I've seen/heard that game mentioned before (unless I'm being forgetful again (highly likely)). I just tried looking it up but even with "cape hope game" I get results for everything but what you're actually referring to. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 19th, 2024, 05:55 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't think I've seen/heard that game mentioned before (unless I'm being forgetful again (highly likely)). I just tried looking it up but even with "cape hope game" I get results for everything but what you're actually referring to. Rolleyes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Ah, sorry, got the name mixed up. Thought it was Cape Hope, but I actually meant the new Point Hope map in Phasmophobia.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
Ah, sorry, got the name mixed up. Thought it was Cape Hope, but I actually meant the new Point Hope map in Phasmophobia.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 19th, 2024, 09:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ohhhh~. I thought you were talking about a different horror game like when you've brought up Demonologist (did I get the game right there?) in the past. My bad. ROFL
It would be interesting though to see if @Mr EliteL can finally play Phas again now he has a better PC. I can't see a good reason why not.

On a side note, it's wild how fast everything is now that I'm running purely off an SSD, whereas my old laptop only had a few of my games on the SSD so OS stuff and other programs were still running off the HDD that it came with.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 19th, 2024, 09:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ohhhh~. I thought you were talking about a different horror game like when you've brought up Demonologist (did I get the game right there?) in the past. My bad. ROFL
It would be interesting though to see if @Mr EliteL can finally play Phas again now he has a better PC. I can't see a good reason why not.

On a side note, it's wild how fast everything is now that I'm running purely off an SSD, whereas my old laptop only had a few of my games on the SSD so OS stuff and other programs were still running off the HDD that it came with.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC Gaming - Mouse/Keyboard or Controller? Moonface 7 911 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Your Gaming Setup Moonface 9 5,367 Jul 8th, 2022, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Moonface