Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If you like exploring those kinds of history thoughts, you'd probably want to give a watch to Alternate History Hub. His explorations of alternate histories often come with the caveat that "X happened this way" or "Y didn't happen". It's interesting stuff.

So I've been promoted at my job, sort of. While my job class hasn't changed yet, they are training me at the front desk, with plans to move me into Customer Service Staff (and potentially full time). So, whoo? It's an interesting experience so far. Not terrible, but it is quite a bit to adjust to.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If you like exploring those kinds of history thoughts, you'd probably want to give a watch to Alternate History Hub. His explorations of alternate histories often come with the caveat that "X happened this way" or "Y didn't happen". It's interesting stuff.

So I've been promoted at my job, sort of. While my job class hasn't changed yet, they are training me at the front desk, with plans to move me into Customer Service Staff (and potentially full time). So, whoo? It's an interesting experience so far. Not terrible, but it is quite a bit to adjust to.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 19th, 2024, 12:32 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Ooh, there's some on that channel that have already caught my eye. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

You never got full time? I swear you said a while back about your position changing in some way and thought it was that and now I'm wondering if that even happened at all. Confused
Either way, congrats! I just hope you don't have to deal with too many rude customers, since my impression is that the front desk gets the brunt of those people more than any other department in the store. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 19th, 2024, 12:32 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Ooh, there's some on that channel that have already caught my eye. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

You never got full time? I swear you said a while back about your position changing in some way and thought it was that and now I'm wondering if that even happened at all. Confused
Either way, congrats! I just hope you don't have to deal with too many rude customers, since my impression is that the front desk gets the brunt of those people more than any other department in the store. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I have been WORKING towards it, but never got it. My store doesn't have full-time for cashiers or baggers (with one exception), so but I've made it known that's what I'm working for, and I'm one of the best workers this store has (and that's not me bragging; they've told me this), so they've been working with me on that. This is basically the last step.

And you are correct about that. I've already had a customer pissed at me that she lost her gift cards and we were unable to locate them. So, that's good.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I have been WORKING towards it, but never got it. My store doesn't have full-time for cashiers or baggers (with one exception), so but I've made it known that's what I'm working for, and I'm one of the best workers this store has (and that's not me bragging; they've told me this), so they've been working with me on that. This is basically the last step.

And you are correct about that. I've already had a customer pissed at me that she lost her gift cards and we were unable to locate them. So, that's good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I recall the time you mentioned your dad thinking you could just get full time like that 🫰 but we both know it doesn't work that way where we work. Tongue
Maybe the thing I'm thinking of is you being moved from bagger to cashier? Unsure

Do you think she actually lost gift cards or just pretended hoping a manager would just give her something for free? Tongue

Also bleh, the chicken that was gonna be made for dinner tonight is bad. Luckily I think the other chicken we have is still good.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I recall the time you mentioned your dad thinking you could just get full time like that 🫰 but we both know it doesn't work that way where we work. Tongue
Maybe the thing I'm thinking of is you being moved from bagger to cashier? Unsure

Do you think she actually lost gift cards or just pretended hoping a manager would just give her something for free? Tongue

Also bleh, the chicken that was gonna be made for dinner tonight is bad. Luckily I think the other chicken we have is still good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't really caught a lot of it because I was sleeping but I adore the outfit for Team GB at the Paris Olympics closing ceremony: 

[Image: BenShermanTeamGBClosingCeremonyShirt3WEB...&width=640]

They stand out so much from everyone else and look like a group of stereotypical British tourists going on holiday and I love it because it's stupid. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't really caught a lot of it because I was sleeping but I adore the outfit for Team GB at the Paris Olympics closing ceremony: 

[Image: BenShermanTeamGBClosingCeremonyShirt3WEB...&width=640]

They stand out so much from everyone else and look like a group of stereotypical British tourists going on holiday and I love it because it's stupid. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That's a neat outfit.

The AC is broken at my place. So, that's nice. Sweating like a stuck pig at work, and then I get to go home to a sauna.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That's a neat outfit.

The AC is broken at my place. So, that's nice. Sweating like a stuck pig at work, and then I get to go home to a sauna.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Fuck, that sucks, man. I suppose repair can't come til tomorrow huh? Nights like that are the worst. Sad

I'm happy we got our new one installed sooner than later. Tis the season for these shits to break, and ours was already over 10 years old.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Fuck, that sucks, man. I suppose repair can't come til tomorrow huh? Nights like that are the worst. Sad

I'm happy we got our new one installed sooner than later. Tis the season for these shits to break, and ours was already over 10 years old.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It gets worse: the coil had a hole in it, and was spewing freon. It's going to be several more days before it can be fixed. The house is less than three years old, and this is the first time I've ever heard of something like this happening in my life.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It gets worse: the coil had a hole in it, and was spewing freon. It's going to be several more days before it can be fixed. The house is less than three years old, and this is the first time I've ever heard of something like this happening in my life.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For how that should be a new unit given the age of the house I feel like any repair to it should be covered by some warranty or something especially because it isn't like the thing broke from anything you guys would've done. I definitely wouldn't trust it even if it gets fixed because I doubt a unit breaking that badly that quickly was good in the first place. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For how that should be a new unit given the age of the house I feel like any repair to it should be covered by some warranty or something especially because it isn't like the thing broke from anything you guys would've done. I definitely wouldn't trust it even if it gets fixed because I doubt a unit breaking that badly that quickly was good in the first place. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, the PART is under warranty, yes. The LABOR is not, nor is the new coolant we have to put in because it was being spewed out by the hole in the coil. All told, it's about a 2 grand fix, and that fix won't happen until monday at the latest. So, that's fun.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, the PART is under warranty, yes. The LABOR is not, nor is the new coolant we have to put in because it was being spewed out by the hole in the coil. All told, it's about a 2 grand fix, and that fix won't happen until monday at the latest. So, that's fun.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ugh, labor costs. I'm all about obviously paying your fucking workers but like, could we just be honest and have it already added to the "base" price of things? I paid nearly double my original estimate for my car two weeks ago because labor and tax were added on AFTER the unit pieces, which seemed reasonable at the time.

Anyway, hoping they got it all sorted out by now, friend. It's been a real stinker of heat lately, especially with the humidity Nooo
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ugh, labor costs. I'm all about obviously paying your fucking workers but like, could we just be honest and have it already added to the "base" price of things? I paid nearly double my original estimate for my car two weeks ago because labor and tax were added on AFTER the unit pieces, which seemed reasonable at the time.

Anyway, hoping they got it all sorted out by now, friend. It's been a real stinker of heat lately, especially with the humidity Nooo
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It has. Last night, I soaked a shirt in water and slept in it to stave off the heat. It was surprisingly effective. I knew the physics of it, so I knew it wasn't as stupid an idea as it sounds, but I was still surprised at how well it worked...for a few hours. By that point, however, the house had cooled down enough that I could take the shirt off.

I have an official timeline, now. Tomorrow between 12 and 2 PM they should be fixing it. We'll see how that holds up...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It has. Last night, I soaked a shirt in water and slept in it to stave off the heat. It was surprisingly effective. I knew the physics of it, so I knew it wasn't as stupid an idea as it sounds, but I was still surprised at how well it worked...for a few hours. By that point, however, the house had cooled down enough that I could take the shirt off.

I have an official timeline, now. Tomorrow between 12 and 2 PM they should be fixing it. We'll see how that holds up...
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I believe in you, soldier. 🫡

Our windows are fogged up from how humid it is outside right now Shock
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I believe in you, soldier. 🫡

Our windows are fogged up from how humid it is outside right now Shock
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I totally didn't just discover my CPU was hitting temps of 100C while playing games because my laptop was automatically switching into Performance mode for games which massively impacts the amount of heat being generated... Suffer Monkas

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I totally didn't just discover my CPU was hitting temps of 100C while playing games because my laptop was automatically switching into Performance mode for games which massively impacts the amount of heat being generated... Suffer Monkas
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Speaking of heat, I have AC as of yesterday! Hurrah!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Speaking of heat, I have AC as of yesterday! Hurrah!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 266 59,048 Sep 11th, 2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread | Minecraft Movie Trailer Moonface 97 28,725 Sep 10th, 2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 8 823 May 23rd, 2024, 11:43 PM
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 70,656 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 57,809 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM