Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Online
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’œ / ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokรฉmon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
No I've definitely seen it before, it definitely wasn't his first time face revealing lol Here's a clip of his cool model though
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokรฉmon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,168 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
No I've definitely seen it before, it definitely wasn't his first time face revealing lol Here's a clip of his cool model though
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah as Shira said it wasn't a face reveal. Thinking of it now though, it's weird that nobody really cares whether the player is on screen in some way for YouTube videos but when it comes to a live stream suddenly not having a camera can be a huge detriment, yet what really matters is a) watching someone play live and b) getting to interact with them live which just requires their voice. Then again I am a content creator consumer n00b so I'm probably very naive about the actual views of most people consuming that stuff on various platforms. LOL

Now I go back to suffering with a pile of homework that's all gotta be done for tomorrow. Suffer
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah as Shira said it wasn't a face reveal. Thinking of it now though, it's weird that nobody really cares whether the player is on screen in some way for YouTube videos but when it comes to a live stream suddenly not having a camera can be a huge detriment, yet what really matters is a) watching someone play live and b) getting to interact with them live which just requires their voice. Then again I am a content creator consumer n00b so I'm probably very naive about the actual views of most people consuming that stuff on various platforms. LOL

Now I go back to suffering with a pile of homework that's all gotta be done for tomorrow. Suffer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone interested, Linkin Park are performing on Twitch right now with their new lead singer. I only just tuned in so can't comment yet but thought others here would wanna know this is happening! Grin Gasp

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone interested, Linkin Park are performing on Twitch right now with their new lead singer. I only just tuned in so can't comment yet but thought others here would wanna know this is happening! Grin Gasp
ShiraNoMai Online
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah you can catch it on pretty much any social streaming service. They're doing a private show for like, the diehard fanclub, with a mixed set spanning their whole catalogue. We've just jumped in to the Thousand Suns songs so we're waiting to properly judge, but so far I really like her voice. She's got like, a Janis Joplin kind of grit but Stevie Nicks kind of clean harmonies.
ShiraNoMai Online
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah you can catch it on pretty much any social streaming service. They're doing a private show for like, the diehard fanclub, with a mixed set spanning their whole catalogue. We've just jumped in to the Thousand Suns songs so we're waiting to properly judge, but so far I really like her voice. She's got like, a Janis Joplin kind of grit but Stevie Nicks kind of clean harmonies.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah hearing her doing One Step Closer right now I can't fault her, but I do think the band themselves are playing the song considerably softer than I've ever heard it before live. It usually has a much stompier feel to it and more impact. Maybe it's just the audio mixing being iffy, which I get the feeling is happening because the amount of times they've stopped singing to let the crowd do the lines instead has resulted in pure silence on the stream, but I doubt the crowd is at fault at all because otherwise why keep doing it? It makes more sense for it to be the mics not picking it up well on the stream which the band isn't going to be aware of.

Now for the one definitely bad thing, that new logo. Nothing was wrong with the existing LP logo but apparently someone looked at it and went "Ya know what that needs, a shit live tracing in Illustrator to make it look blobby". Ick...

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah hearing her doing One Step Closer right now I can't fault her, but I do think the band themselves are playing the song considerably softer than I've ever heard it before live. It usually has a much stompier feel to it and more impact. Maybe it's just the audio mixing being iffy, which I get the feeling is happening because the amount of times they've stopped singing to let the crowd do the lines instead has resulted in pure silence on the stream, but I doubt the crowd is at fault at all because otherwise why keep doing it? It makes more sense for it to be the mics not picking it up well on the stream which the band isn't going to be aware of.

Now for the one definitely bad thing, that new logo. Nothing was wrong with the existing LP logo but apparently someone looked at it and went "Ya know what that needs, a shit live tracing in Illustrator to make it look blobby". Ick...
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Linkin Park is back? Or did they never leave I really haven't stayed up to date on their music which is quite surprising cause I do enjoy them!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Linkin Park is back? Or did they never leave I really haven't stayed up to date on their music which is quite surprising cause I do enjoy them!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 7th, 2024, 07:52 PM)Karo Wrote:
They didn't leave so to say, but when Chester passed seven years ago they did a few tribute shows in his memory with other bands I think, and then unreleased tracks from when Chester was still alive were put out over time. I don't think anything actually new was produced until this new singer was brought on board though.

Also it's good to see you popping in again! How you been? Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 7th, 2024, 07:52 PM)Karo Wrote:
They didn't leave so to say, but when Chester passed seven years ago they did a few tribute shows in his memory with other bands I think, and then unreleased tracks from when Chester was still alive were put out over time. I don't think anything actually new was produced until this new singer was brought on board though.

Also it's good to see you popping in again! How you been? Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
LP is back with a new singer? Hmm I'll check it out briefly.
OK, I listened to a new song The Emptiness Machine and it was pretty fine actually, however listened to her singing Numb from the livestream and...didn't like it, however Bleed It Out was tolerable but not as good as Emptiness Machine. If I continue to enjoy the brand new songs then I'll be a bit more interested, I tend to not really get into new singers with old songs anyway. I'm like this with my favourite band as well in Kamelot, I avoid Karevik with Khan's songs but really enjoy Karevik's work in the songs he's part of originally, plus Karevik is well in contention as my second favourite vocalist anyway. Although don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing for new singers to tackle the known songs beforehand to get fans into them as well.

Also checked out another unreleased song with Chester in as I think I only heard Lost before, Fighting Myself and that was good, just the music video used AI garbage so I immediately scrolled it out of view. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
LP is back with a new singer? Hmm I'll check it out briefly.
OK, I listened to a new song The Emptiness Machine and it was pretty fine actually, however listened to her singing Numb from the livestream and...didn't like it, however Bleed It Out was tolerable but not as good as Emptiness Machine. If I continue to enjoy the brand new songs then I'll be a bit more interested, I tend to not really get into new singers with old songs anyway. I'm like this with my favourite band as well in Kamelot, I avoid Karevik with Khan's songs but really enjoy Karevik's work in the songs he's part of originally, plus Karevik is well in contention as my second favourite vocalist anyway. Although don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing for new singers to tackle the known songs beforehand to get fans into them as well.

Also checked out another unreleased song with Chester in as I think I only heard Lost before, Fighting Myself and that was good, just the music video used AI garbage so I immediately scrolled it out of view. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't actually ever checked out any of Chester's songs that were released posthumously. If I bother to it'll probably only be the ones from their first three albums because I don't like anything LP did after Minutes to Midnight.

There's also a lot of criticism about the new singer because she's a Scientologist and attended court in support of a rapist, plus doesn't think mental health issues are a real thing. Seems weird the band chose her since Chester was a sexual abuse victim and struggled with mental health. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't actually ever checked out any of Chester's songs that were released posthumously. If I bother to it'll probably only be the ones from their first three albums because I don't like anything LP did after Minutes to Midnight.

There's also a lot of criticism about the new singer because she's a Scientologist and attended court in support of a rapist, plus doesn't think mental health issues are a real thing. Seems weird the band chose her since Chester was a sexual abuse victim and struggled with mental health. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I believe Lost, Fighting Myself and a few more were from those early years as they appear in the Meteora 20th Anniversary on their own disc along with demos of songs from Meteora. Fighting Myself sounds similar to By Myself with a touch of I think Hit The Floor. Not sure about any other songs but yeah I'm only interested in the early years too.

Didn't know that about her just wanted to hear what she sounded like, that is pretty weird they chose her with that background. Who knows though what could happen if she's here to stay or not. I know she has another band reading about her too, but I know many vocalists get involved in multiple projects. I might not end up following LP anyway, I stopped following another band when their vocalist left, actually there's a few bands like that but I still listen to the old music.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,833 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I believe Lost, Fighting Myself and a few more were from those early years as they appear in the Meteora 20th Anniversary on their own disc along with demos of songs from Meteora. Fighting Myself sounds similar to By Myself with a touch of I think Hit The Floor. Not sure about any other songs but yeah I'm only interested in the early years too.

Didn't know that about her just wanted to hear what she sounded like, that is pretty weird they chose her with that background. Who knows though what could happen if she's here to stay or not. I know she has another band reading about her too, but I know many vocalists get involved in multiple projects. I might not end up following LP anyway, I stopped following another band when their vocalist left, actually there's a few bands like that but I still listen to the old music.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only band I've listened to where I didn't notice the vocalist had changed was Killswitch Engage when they went from Jesse Leach to Howard Jones (and just found out while writing this that when Jones left that Leach actually came back as the lead vocalist). When I first heard anything from Killswitch it was songs performed by Jones, and so I thought he was always their lead singer until I saw the music video for My Last Serenade, which features Leach instead. I had heard the song before I saw its video so until then I had thought that song (and any others I heard on Kerrang Radio) were all sung by Jones. I'm sure there's an audible difference between the two of them but I could never detect it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only band I've listened to where I didn't notice the vocalist had changed was Killswitch Engage when they went from Jesse Leach to Howard Jones (and just found out while writing this that when Jones left that Leach actually came back as the lead vocalist). When I first heard anything from Killswitch it was songs performed by Jones, and so I thought he was always their lead singer until I saw the music video for My Last Serenade, which features Leach instead. I had heard the song before I saw its video so until then I had thought that song (and any others I heard on Kerrang Radio) were all sung by Jones. I'm sure there's an audible difference between the two of them but I could never detect it.
ShiraNoMai Online
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR (of the 3rd Bleach Opening fame) had lost their main vocalist (due to choosing a different lifestyle after marriage) and when they found a replacement, they made one album and quit all together practically a few months after that. The usual "musical differences" and "future opportunities" excuse.

It's hard when you're replacing what's essentially an irreplaceable sound. It's why I found it interesting that Linkin Park chose to not replace Chester but to replace a vocalist. Lots of bands have struggled to continue or replace when key members leave (for whatever reason) and usually disband.
ShiraNoMai Online
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR (of the 3rd Bleach Opening fame) had lost their main vocalist (due to choosing a different lifestyle after marriage) and when they found a replacement, they made one album and quit all together practically a few months after that. The usual "musical differences" and "future opportunities" excuse.

It's hard when you're replacing what's essentially an irreplaceable sound. It's why I found it interesting that Linkin Park chose to not replace Chester but to replace a vocalist. Lots of bands have struggled to continue or replace when key members leave (for whatever reason) and usually disband.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm a little surprised they didn't go the route of No Devotion. Uh, if you don't know the story, Content Warning: this one gets rather dark.

My point is that given how much Chester was to the identity and sound of the band, I'm surprised they didn't decide to rename themselves. There's a lot of baggage that can come with a specific band name, and I honestly think sometimes a band would be better off renaming themselves after losing a key member.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm a little surprised they didn't go the route of No Devotion. Uh, if you don't know the story, Content Warning: this one gets rather dark.

My point is that given how much Chester was to the identity and sound of the band, I'm surprised they didn't decide to rename themselves. There's a lot of baggage that can come with a specific band name, and I honestly think sometimes a band would be better off renaming themselves after losing a key member.
ShiraNoMai Online
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hard agree. I think if you wanted to keep the name baggage, you do something where you change featured frontmen and added them to the name during their tenure, which I think is what Queen did for a while before Adam Lambert was formally chosen. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Online
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hard agree. I think if you wanted to keep the name baggage, you do something where you change featured frontmen and added them to the name during their tenure, which I think is what Queen did for a while before Adam Lambert was formally chosen. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I suspect they kept the Linkin Park name for recognizability and because they weren't intending to change their sound nor did they necessarily want to cut themselves off from performing any of their existing library on tours and such. In the case of No Devotion, they wouldn't want to touch the Lost Prophets songs with a ten foot pole and I don't blame them. Thinking of bands who had to cut themselves off from songs they performed due to the actions of someone associated with the song, Whatever by Our Lady Peace comes to my mind because they refuse to play that song now ever since the Chris Benoit double-murder suicide and that case is one of the most disappointing for me because the band as a whole had to abandon the song for the actions of someone who isn't even part of the band but is just strongly associated with that particular song.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I suspect they kept the Linkin Park name for recognizability and because they weren't intending to change their sound nor did they necessarily want to cut themselves off from performing any of their existing library on tours and such. In the case of No Devotion, they wouldn't want to touch the Lost Prophets songs with a ten foot pole and I don't blame them. Thinking of bands who had to cut themselves off from songs they performed due to the actions of someone associated with the song, Whatever by Our Lady Peace comes to my mind because they refuse to play that song now ever since the Chris Benoit double-murder suicide and that case is one of the most disappointing for me because the band as a whole had to abandon the song for the actions of someone who isn't even part of the band but is just strongly associated with that particular song.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 266 59,048 Sep 11th, 2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread | Minecraft Movie Trailer Moonface 97 28,725 Sep 10th, 2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 8 823 May 23rd, 2024, 11:43 PM
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 70,656 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 57,809 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM