Astro Bot | Free DLC Announced
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think they've shown before that the DualSense has the touchpad able to show light through it, cuz I specifically remember the DS4 not having it.

This is very nice though! God I forgot they price the controllers more than the games now Monkas
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think they've shown before that the DualSense has the touchpad able to show light through it, cuz I specifically remember the DS4 not having it.

This is very nice though! God I forgot they price the controllers more than the games now Monkas
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Even though I have no interest in Astro Bot, I do like the colors of this controller and am tempted to get it. I just don't like the "eyes" on the touch pad and wish they could be turned off. That might be the only thing that prevents me from getting the controller. Love that shade of blue on the white though.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Even though I have no interest in Astro Bot, I do like the colors of this controller and am tempted to get it. I just don't like the "eyes" on the touch pad and wish they could be turned off. That might be the only thing that prevents me from getting the controller. Love that shade of blue on the white though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 31st, 2024, 04:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

If they have I can't recall it, but I also can't remember any other themed DualSense controllers besides this one that have been released already. x.x

And oof, I actually never had the thought of controllers costing more than the games do. You'd think it would be the other way around with how much games cost, but games are going to sell far more units than a controller will so I guess the controller prices are made higher to compensate for it.

@Dragon Lord: If the eyes are just a design printed onto the touchpad rather than being lights, you could probably remove the print by using rubbing alcohol or something like it. I've seen people accidentally removing the prints from their special edition Switch's by using that to clean them, although if you were to do that I'd double check whatever you use won't cause damage to the plastic or something.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 31st, 2024, 04:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

If they have I can't recall it, but I also can't remember any other themed DualSense controllers besides this one that have been released already. x.x

And oof, I actually never had the thought of controllers costing more than the games do. You'd think it would be the other way around with how much games cost, but games are going to sell far more units than a controller will so I guess the controller prices are made higher to compensate for it.

@Dragon Lord: If the eyes are just a design printed onto the touchpad rather than being lights, you could probably remove the print by using rubbing alcohol or something like it. I've seen people accidentally removing the prints from their special edition Switch's by using that to clean them, although if you were to do that I'd double check whatever you use won't cause damage to the plastic or something.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fuck! I completely forgot today was the day the controller pre-orders went live and everywhere already sold out. PS Direct has me in a waiting room with over an hour of time and for all I know the controller could be sold out on there too, so I don't know if I can be bothered to keep the tab open or not. I forgot how horrible of an experience it is trying to get a hold of something that's a limited edition product. x.x

Edit: Oh, and suddenly the time jumped to only a minute for the waiting room, and then once that expired I just got sent straight to the pre-order page instead of getting put into a queue. PS Direct still has them in stock, so I just bum rushed through the payment windows to get that shit locked in before it could take a wrong turn. Hopefully PS Direct doesn't do anything like cancelling placed orders if too many were put in or something like I know some outlets do.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fuck! I completely forgot today was the day the controller pre-orders went live and everywhere already sold out. PS Direct has me in a waiting room with over an hour of time and for all I know the controller could be sold out on there too, so I don't know if I can be bothered to keep the tab open or not. I forgot how horrible of an experience it is trying to get a hold of something that's a limited edition product. x.x

Edit: Oh, and suddenly the time jumped to only a minute for the waiting room, and then once that expired I just got sent straight to the pre-order page instead of getting put into a queue. PS Direct still has them in stock, so I just bum rushed through the payment windows to get that shit locked in before it could take a wrong turn. Hopefully PS Direct doesn't do anything like cancelling placed orders if too many were put in or something like I know some outlets do.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yoooo let's go! I also forgot it was time! Glad we snagged one Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yoooo let's go! I also forgot it was time! Glad we snagged one Grin
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I ended up passing on the controller. I just really don't like the "eyes" on it and I figured that buying one just because I like the shade of blue on it wasn't really fair when I don't care for Astrobot itself. Rather than taking up another controller from someone who actually wanted it (the scalpers
already did enough of that damage I'm sure).

I'm sure the four DualSense + the DualSense Edge that I currently own will keep me happy, haha.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I ended up passing on the controller. I just really don't like the "eyes" on it and I figured that buying one just because I like the shade of blue on it wasn't really fair when I don't care for Astrobot itself. Rather than taking up another controller from someone who actually wanted it (the scalpers
already did enough of that damage I'm sure).

I'm sure the four DualSense + the DualSense Edge that I currently own will keep me happy, haha.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 10th, 2024, 06:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(the scalpers already did enough of that damage I'm sure).
Sony at least seems to try and make an effort to prevent it. When I placed an order for my controller I wasn't allowed to have more than one in my cart, and I bet Sony doesn't allow multiple orders to be submitted from the same person or to the same address. I wouldn't be surprised to find PS Direct still had it in stock hours after pre-orders went live because of that (along with Sony naturally having more inventory to themselves than third-party vendors will get) and a good portion of scalpers rushed to Amazon and such to order multiples.

If you ask me anything labelled as "limited edition" or "limited stock" shouldn't allow anyone to purchase more than two at maximum, but none of the outlets will care to do that because whether it's scalpers or legitimate customers they're getting the same amount of money anyway. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 10th, 2024, 06:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(the scalpers already did enough of that damage I'm sure).
Sony at least seems to try and make an effort to prevent it. When I placed an order for my controller I wasn't allowed to have more than one in my cart, and I bet Sony doesn't allow multiple orders to be submitted from the same person or to the same address. I wouldn't be surprised to find PS Direct still had it in stock hours after pre-orders went live because of that (along with Sony naturally having more inventory to themselves than third-party vendors will get) and a good portion of scalpers rushed to Amazon and such to order multiples.

If you ask me anything labelled as "limited edition" or "limited stock" shouldn't allow anyone to purchase more than two at maximum, but none of the outlets will care to do that because whether it's scalpers or legitimate customers they're getting the same amount of money anyway. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bought this game today and so far I'm having an absolute blast! I've only done three levels so far so I haven't encountered a lot of the new mechanics yet but the few I have are really really good, and I can tell this is going to be one of the best platformers in the genre going off what I've experienced so far. 

It's so nice to see a game like this one and the success it's enjoying when far too many games in the AAA space are a lot of the same old shit, especially from Sony who I think used to have a far more diverse portfolio of games than they do nowadays. 

Before playing this I decided to also get the bonus bots from Astro's Playroom, and I strongly suggest anyone else looking to do that uses a guide because I don't see how anyone would ever find the bots doing it blindly, especially the one in the beach area. Those four bots were so tedious to find it was actually starting to piss me off because I despise game design that gives the player nothing and expects them to figure out what to do. Hmph

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bought this game today and so far I'm having an absolute blast! I've only done three levels so far so I haven't encountered a lot of the new mechanics yet but the few I have are really really good, and I can tell this is going to be one of the best platformers in the genre going off what I've experienced so far. 

It's so nice to see a game like this one and the success it's enjoying when far too many games in the AAA space are a lot of the same old shit, especially from Sony who I think used to have a far more diverse portfolio of games than they do nowadays. 

Before playing this I decided to also get the bonus bots from Astro's Playroom, and I strongly suggest anyone else looking to do that uses a guide because I don't see how anyone would ever find the bots doing it blindly, especially the one in the beach area. Those four bots were so tedious to find it was actually starting to piss me off because I despise game design that gives the player nothing and expects them to figure out what to do. Hmph
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Astro Bot will be getting free DLC some time this year, as confirmed via a video interview with game director Nicolas Doucet. Based on the interview, the following is confirmed to be part of this DLC:
  • Speedruns will be added, which was players engaged a lot with in Astro's Playroom.
  • New VIP bots to be rescued, which will be based on characters that didn't appear in the game.
The DLC is going to be a small scale endeavor, so this may be all it'll entail.

Neat! I don't see the need to give this game DLC levels myself; with how successful and good this game is I'd rather that stuff be kept to make a sequel with because this game absolutely deserves it! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Astro Bot will be getting free DLC some time this year, as confirmed via a video interview with game director Nicolas Doucet. Based on the interview, the following is confirmed to be part of this DLC:
  • Speedruns will be added, which was players engaged a lot with in Astro's Playroom.
  • New VIP bots to be rescued, which will be based on characters that didn't appear in the game.
The DLC is going to be a small scale endeavor, so this may be all it'll entail.

Neat! I don't see the need to give this game DLC levels myself; with how successful and good this game is I'd rather that stuff be kept to make a sequel with because this game absolutely deserves it! Grin
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,194
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My husband got me a PSN card with enough on it that I basically bought the deluxe edition of Astrobot. I got as far as the end boss for the first area, and it is really giving me Super Mario Galaxy vibes mixed with Sackboy Adventures vibes. I should really take out the first boss and move on to the next area, but I'm a slow poke when it comes to platformer games. XD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,194 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My husband got me a PSN card with enough on it that I basically bought the deluxe edition of Astrobot. I got as far as the end boss for the first area, and it is really giving me Super Mario Galaxy vibes mixed with Sackboy Adventures vibes. I should really take out the first boss and move on to the next area, but I'm a slow poke when it comes to platformer games. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mario & Luigi (Series) | Brothership Announced Moonface 6 281 Sep 4th, 2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Doom (Series) | Doom: The Dark Ages Announced Moonface 29 27,477 Aug 10th, 2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | Story Expansion DLC News Next Week Moonface 56 16,032 Jul 19th, 2024, 10:17 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 2,923 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Control | Sequel Announced queenzelda 14 8,615 Nov 11th, 2022, 07:41 PM