HAPPY BIRTHDAY! | What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You ever heard of a site called Bandle? I just learned it exists and it splits the song apart into individual instruments and it reminded me of that post you made talking about AI or something being able to highlight certain instruments in a song or something to that effect.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You ever heard of a site called Bandle? I just learned it exists and it splits the song apart into individual instruments and it reminded me of that post you made talking about AI or something being able to highlight certain instruments in a song or something to that effect.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,312
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have not. I looked into it, it's pretty neat. It's another one of those "guess the thing from the clues", but with instruments. It took me an embarassing amount of time to figure out today's song considering how many times I've heard it. The difference here is this is clearly a MIDI instrumentation of the song, rather than extracting the various parts from the song. That's the reason you might use an AI splitter, after all.

I know you didn't ask this, but I think AI splitters are an actually defensible use of this AI stuff. Rather than stealing music to make your own, it's just listening REALLY hard and grabbing the individual frequencies. It's actually how the newest Beatles song was made. Yes, there was a new Beatles song made. In 2023. We live in amazing times. But anyway, they happened to have an AI that could extract John Lennon's voice from an old demo of the song that was originally too noisy to use, and had some George Harrison guitar work from when they tried to make it the first time, and out came Now and Then. It's a fine song; not a lost classic or anything, but perfectly acceptable.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,312 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have not. I looked into it, it's pretty neat. It's another one of those "guess the thing from the clues", but with instruments. It took me an embarassing amount of time to figure out today's song considering how many times I've heard it. The difference here is this is clearly a MIDI instrumentation of the song, rather than extracting the various parts from the song. That's the reason you might use an AI splitter, after all.

I know you didn't ask this, but I think AI splitters are an actually defensible use of this AI stuff. Rather than stealing music to make your own, it's just listening REALLY hard and grabbing the individual frequencies. It's actually how the newest Beatles song was made. Yes, there was a new Beatles song made. In 2023. We live in amazing times. But anyway, they happened to have an AI that could extract John Lennon's voice from an old demo of the song that was originally too noisy to use, and had some George Harrison guitar work from when they tried to make it the first time, and out came Now and Then. It's a fine song; not a lost classic or anything, but perfectly acceptable.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I wasn't aware the site was using a MIDI version of the song. I didn't really get to hear the song because the streamer I saw using it today got the answer in like 5 seconds with just the first clue. ROFL

Oh yeah, I agree that using AI for the purpose you mentioned is a good use for it. Especially since I don't know if a human could even replicate what the AI is doing if they were working from a commercial release of a track from somewhere like Spotify or a CD.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I wasn't aware the site was using a MIDI version of the song. I didn't really get to hear the song because the streamer I saw using it today got the answer in like 5 seconds with just the first clue. ROFL

Oh yeah, I agree that using AI for the purpose you mentioned is a good use for it. Especially since I don't know if a human could even replicate what the AI is doing if they were working from a commercial release of a track from somewhere like Spotify or a CD.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Realistically, you can't. You would want the "stems", or individual instruments of the song (most songs are built piecemeal, rather than played all at once in a single recording). Once a song is released into the wild, it's just one giant mash of frequencies that you'd need to pick apart individually. I guess with some software trickery, you could isolate frequncies, but not to the point that you'd retain the original timbre of the instrument.

Edit: and immediately, now that I think about it, that "software trickery" is literally what MP3 does, but in reverse? Like, MP3's whole schtick is that it takes out the frequencies that do not add anything to the song, and that compresses the file data. Theoretically, a human with the code of an MP3 compression algorithm could reverse-engineer a way to get out individual instruments? It's a long shot, but it is a possibility, now that I think about it.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Realistically, you can't. You would want the "stems", or individual instruments of the song (most songs are built piecemeal, rather than played all at once in a single recording). Once a song is released into the wild, it's just one giant mash of frequencies that you'd need to pick apart individually. I guess with some software trickery, you could isolate frequncies, but not to the point that you'd retain the original timbre of the instrument.

Edit: and immediately, now that I think about it, that "software trickery" is literally what MP3 does, but in reverse? Like, MP3's whole schtick is that it takes out the frequencies that do not add anything to the song, and that compresses the file data. Theoretically, a human with the code of an MP3 compression algorithm could reverse-engineer a way to get out individual instruments? It's a long shot, but it is a possibility, now that I think about it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ^_^
I had wanted to put an image here of a Guilmon birthday cake or something to that effect, but the internet is a cursed place and believe it or not this was somehow the best thing I could find...

[Image: 2ztCqHT.png]

Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! ^_^
I had wanted to put an image here of a Guilmon birthday cake or something to that effect, but the internet is a cursed place and believe it or not this was somehow the best thing I could find...

[Image: 2ztCqHT.png]

Mellow
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
....meanwhile I baked you a fresh Guilmon bread that doesn't look shot in the head...

[Image: e709e3d70a3ca88f1492a6cce061282bf2c0097a.jpg]

^_^

Hope you enjoy your day, friend!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
....meanwhile I baked you a fresh Guilmon bread that doesn't look shot in the head...

[Image: e709e3d70a3ca88f1492a6cce061282bf2c0097a.jpg]

^_^

Hope you enjoy your day, friend!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Birthday Cricket! I hope you have an amazing one!

The guilmon cake doesn't look the best, but that bread looks cute! Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Birthday Cricket! I hope you have an amazing one!

The guilmon cake doesn't look the best, but that bread looks cute! Gasp
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I'm honestly surprised you found anything, Moony. The Guilmon Bread amuses me greatly, Shira; thank you.

Yeah, it kinda sucks cause I have work today (2-9 PM), but it's been good for me otherwise.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I'm honestly surprised you found anything, Moony. The Guilmon Bread amuses me greatly, Shira; thank you.

Yeah, it kinda sucks cause I have work today (2-9 PM), but it's been good for me otherwise.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Happy (late) birthday to you I hope you had a good one.

Oddish question: Do you collect any cards of any kind?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,202 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Happy (late) birthday to you I hope you had a good one.

Oddish question: Do you collect any cards of any kind?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Not real cardboard, no. I've been into Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel recently, so I suppose I've been collecting digital cardboard, and I'm in a group that plays MTG Commander online (again, with digital cardboard). I used to collect Digimon Cards, but I stopped being able to afford the boxes, so I stopped, sadly.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Not real cardboard, no. I've been into Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel recently, so I suppose I've been collecting digital cardboard, and I'm in a group that plays MTG Commander online (again, with digital cardboard). I used to collect Digimon Cards, but I stopped being able to afford the boxes, so I stopped, sadly.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
ASDFFFLIPDEJKPJK...I seem to be unconsciously allergic to the 18th, 2018 was the last time I got it right on the day. >.<

HAPPY...BIRTHDAY Maniak! Hope work wasn't too bad yesterday, and perhaps today or failing that one of the weekend days you have off at least. Having one day off near enough to just do anything for yourself would be fine.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,858 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
ASDFFFLIPDEJKPJK...I seem to be unconsciously allergic to the 18th, 2018 was the last time I got it right on the day. >.<

HAPPY...BIRTHDAY Maniak! Hope work wasn't too bad yesterday, and perhaps today or failing that one of the weekend days you have off at least. Having one day off near enough to just do anything for yourself would be fine.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Actually Cricket what made you stop being able to afford them? I know your no longer close to that store, but I felt like you could still afford them even with your customer service promotion? Unsure
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,401 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Actually Cricket what made you stop being able to afford them? I know your no longer close to that store, but I felt like you could still afford them even with your customer service promotion? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
...Okay, so I had a good year where I had to clear out some medical debts, and between that and the fact that the boxes were costing me 70 bucks every two months, I needed to cut out something to be able to make sure I didn't nosedive completely. Nowadays, I could probably afford to get back into the swing of collecting, but it's been so long since I last played I'd effectively have to re-learn the game, especially since they've added more mechanics like it's fucking Yu-Gi-Oh! Really, I'm waiting on the simulator they announced a few years back to come out so I have a guided tour of the mechanics in question.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
...Okay, so I had a good year where I had to clear out some medical debts, and between that and the fact that the boxes were costing me 70 bucks every two months, I needed to cut out something to be able to make sure I didn't nosedive completely. Nowadays, I could probably afford to get back into the swing of collecting, but it's been so long since I last played I'd effectively have to re-learn the game, especially since they've added more mechanics like it's fucking Yu-Gi-Oh! Really, I'm waiting on the simulator they announced a few years back to come out so I have a guided tour of the mechanics in question.