General Game Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Good fucking god, don't let those corporate fucks have access to a platform to disparage the 'lessers'. No one wants to hear it. Meh
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,195 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Good fucking god, don't let those corporate fucks have access to a platform to disparage the 'lessers'. No one wants to hear it. Meh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 11th, 2024, 09:16 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
True, although I'd rather their shitty views and takes get known than it being kept to themselves and allowing them to try and maintain a positive image that's just a load of bollocks.

Continuing the other point in my last post about that EU petition, my example of using The Crew was a good choice after seeing this article: GamesRadar+ | After 350,000 signatures in an EU consumer rights campaign, Ubisoft is adding offline modes to The Crew games - but not the now-dead original

Ubisoft Wrote:
We heard your concerns about access to The Crew games. Today, we want to express our commitment to the future of The Crew 2 and The Crew Motorfest. We can confirm an offline mode to ensure long term access to both titles, stay tuned for more news in the next months.
LMAO at how they heard concerns over The Crew and yet chose to still let that entry in the franchise remain a digital/physical paperweight. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,841 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 11th, 2024, 09:16 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
True, although I'd rather their shitty views and takes get known than it being kept to themselves and allowing them to try and maintain a positive image that's just a load of bollocks.

Continuing the other point in my last post about that EU petition, my example of using The Crew was a good choice after seeing this article: GamesRadar+ | After 350,000 signatures in an EU consumer rights campaign, Ubisoft is adding offline modes to The Crew games - but not the now-dead original

Ubisoft Wrote:
We heard your concerns about access to The Crew games. Today, we want to express our commitment to the future of The Crew 2 and The Crew Motorfest. We can confirm an offline mode to ensure long term access to both titles, stay tuned for more news in the next months.
LMAO at how they heard concerns over The Crew and yet chose to still let that entry in the franchise remain a digital/physical paperweight. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So apparently everyone at Annapurna Interactive just resigned.

Bloomberg Wrote:
Annapurna Interactive President Nathan Gary and his team had been negotiating with Ellison, the daughter of billionaire Larry Ellison, to spin off the video-game division as an independent entity. When Ellison pulled out of the negotiations, Gary and other executives resigned and were followed by around two dozen other staffers.

A spokesperson for Annapurna confirmed that it had explored a spinoff and said the parties failed to reach an agreement, which led to the resignations.

Bloomberg Wrote:
The exodus has led to chaos as game developers partnered with Annapurna try to figure out what this means for their upcoming projects. As a publisher, Annapurna is responsible not only for funding the games but for handling services such as quality-assurance, adapting the products for local markets and marketing. Over the past few days, game makers working with Annapurna have scrambled to find new points of contact and figure out whether the company will continue to honor its agreements.

The spokesperson said that all existing games and projects will remain under Annapurna.

New president Hector Sanchez has told developers that the company will honor existing contracts.

That's fucking wild! I don't think I've ever heard of a game company having its entire staff take their ball and go home. What sucks most about this is how big of a void this leaves in the indie publishing scene, considering that Annapurna is for indie gaming what A24 is for indie movies.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So apparently everyone at Annapurna Interactive just resigned.

Bloomberg Wrote:
Annapurna Interactive President Nathan Gary and his team had been negotiating with Ellison, the daughter of billionaire Larry Ellison, to spin off the video-game division as an independent entity. When Ellison pulled out of the negotiations, Gary and other executives resigned and were followed by around two dozen other staffers.

A spokesperson for Annapurna confirmed that it had explored a spinoff and said the parties failed to reach an agreement, which led to the resignations.

Bloomberg Wrote:
The exodus has led to chaos as game developers partnered with Annapurna try to figure out what this means for their upcoming projects. As a publisher, Annapurna is responsible not only for funding the games but for handling services such as quality-assurance, adapting the products for local markets and marketing. Over the past few days, game makers working with Annapurna have scrambled to find new points of contact and figure out whether the company will continue to honor its agreements.

The spokesperson said that all existing games and projects will remain under Annapurna.

New president Hector Sanchez has told developers that the company will honor existing contracts.

That's fucking wild! I don't think I've ever heard of a game company having its entire staff take their ball and go home. What sucks most about this is how big of a void this leaves in the indie publishing scene, considering that Annapurna is for indie gaming what A24 is for indie movies.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Kudos on them walking out rather than being ultimately let go some day, knowing they have more worth than that. I sincerely wish them and their new ventures well. o7
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Kudos on them walking out rather than being ultimately let go some day, knowing they have more worth than that. I sincerely wish them and their new ventures well. o7
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think if layoffs were to have happened that weren't remotely justified or agreed with by the rest of Annapurna that they'd still probably walk out. They're clearly an incredibly unified team and with that sort of comradery I hope they all end up being able to stay together in a new venture so that that spirit doesn't get lost if they were to all end up in various existing companies that are unlikely to have a similar mindset amongst all the employees.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think if layoffs were to have happened that weren't remotely justified or agreed with by the rest of Annapurna that they'd still probably walk out. They're clearly an incredibly unified team and with that sort of comradery I hope they all end up being able to stay together in a new venture so that that spirit doesn't get lost if they were to all end up in various existing companies that are unlikely to have a similar mindset amongst all the employees.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So IGN put together an article that tries to gather more details about the Annapurna walkout. It's a pretty interesting read but the tl;dr is basically someone at the top acting like an imbecile again, surprise surprise. Rolleyes

In other general game news, a new Yakuza game got announced yesterday and while I haven't watched the trailer yet the thumbnail for it and a couple of other images I've seen make it look pretty wild. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So IGN put together an article that tries to gather more details about the Annapurna walkout. It's a pretty interesting read but the tl;dr is basically someone at the top acting like an imbecile again, surprise surprise. Rolleyes

In other general game news, a new Yakuza game got announced yesterday and while I haven't watched the trailer yet the thumbnail for it and a couple of other images I've seen make it look pretty wild. XD

ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That has to be one of the titles of all time, for definite. God I love these devs LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That has to be one of the titles of all time, for definite. God I love these devs LOL
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,312
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, if you live outside of the EU and UK, you might have already gotten a pop-up saying Steam is changing its subscriber agreement. Effective November 1st, anyone outside of the those named territories is no longer under forced arbitration for legal disputes; you must sue them in King County, Washington (state).

This, to me, is VERY FUNNY! If you aren't aware, in the US, Steam is still settling through arbitration a class action lawsuit against them. So this is them eating egg for it; they realized "CRAP, THIS IS TAKING FOREVER" and decided the lesser of two evils was actually being sued in a courtroom. I'm giggling; this is funny.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,312 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, if you live outside of the EU and UK, you might have already gotten a pop-up saying Steam is changing its subscriber agreement. Effective November 1st, anyone outside of the those named territories is no longer under forced arbitration for legal disputes; you must sue them in King County, Washington (state).

This, to me, is VERY FUNNY! If you aren't aware, in the US, Steam is still settling through arbitration a class action lawsuit against them. So this is them eating egg for it; they realized "CRAP, THIS IS TAKING FOREVER" and decided the lesser of two evils was actually being sued in a courtroom. I'm giggling; this is funny.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 1,289 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 5,361 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface