PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 11th, 2018, 02:04 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
People wanted AMD to come back because Intel were sucking without competition and that's where we are. 

That is pretty much what I said Tongue I hope AMD continues, I just don't want to be burned again.

But yes since the announcement of Ryzen there has been hype for AMD and their (hopeful) return to power (and to put some fire under Intel's feet).
Intel panic at Ryzen/ThreadRipper and made the i9 which when announced/released had criticism over many things with it.
It's just my industry and hobby has been burned in the past by AMD (back before the ATi AMD merger even) and well "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

To me at lease, it is concerning that Intel has something like Ark where you can easily get detailed information about each Intel CPU and other products, great when you need an in depth (or even shallow) comparison of their different CPUs. AMD is missing this, and when I was trying to look up CPUs on laptops Dragon Lord was looking at (both times AMD CPUs) I had to search around some questionable "review" sites to try and get the information I was looking for (speed, core and thread count, etc).

You might ask "Why is that concerning" because if say I am trying to spec out a new build for work why would I spend a bunch of time trying to research just one part of a computer which may or may not offer any results when I can just go to Intel's ARK and get the information I need? If I am getting paid by the hour my employer/client isn't going to be too happy if I spend way more time then necessary for researching just the CPU.

I just hope you are not seeing this as "anti AMD/pro Intel fanboyism I am not a fan boy of Intel, Intel has done a ton of shady shit in the past (and im sure currently also). I hope I explained my concerns logically. My question was more prompted by interest as I don't know many people who have a Ryzen CPU and I've been playing around with the idea of getting a Ryzen based computer if I get a work from home job that doesn't provide a computer, and wanted to see if there was any killer features/reason for it (e.g. Intel used to/still has? a big advantage when it comes to single core/thread usage which makes it better for usecases when you will be using older programs) </rant>

What is your favorite type (and/or brand) of tea?

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 11th, 2018, 02:04 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
People wanted AMD to come back because Intel were sucking without competition and that's where we are. 

That is pretty much what I said Tongue I hope AMD continues, I just don't want to be burned again.

But yes since the announcement of Ryzen there has been hype for AMD and their (hopeful) return to power (and to put some fire under Intel's feet).
Intel panic at Ryzen/ThreadRipper and made the i9 which when announced/released had criticism over many things with it.
It's just my industry and hobby has been burned in the past by AMD (back before the ATi AMD merger even) and well "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

To me at lease, it is concerning that Intel has something like Ark where you can easily get detailed information about each Intel CPU and other products, great when you need an in depth (or even shallow) comparison of their different CPUs. AMD is missing this, and when I was trying to look up CPUs on laptops Dragon Lord was looking at (both times AMD CPUs) I had to search around some questionable "review" sites to try and get the information I was looking for (speed, core and thread count, etc).

You might ask "Why is that concerning" because if say I am trying to spec out a new build for work why would I spend a bunch of time trying to research just one part of a computer which may or may not offer any results when I can just go to Intel's ARK and get the information I need? If I am getting paid by the hour my employer/client isn't going to be too happy if I spend way more time then necessary for researching just the CPU.

I just hope you are not seeing this as "anti AMD/pro Intel fanboyism I am not a fan boy of Intel, Intel has done a ton of shady shit in the past (and im sure currently also). I hope I explained my concerns logically. My question was more prompted by interest as I don't know many people who have a Ryzen CPU and I've been playing around with the idea of getting a Ryzen based computer if I get a work from home job that doesn't provide a computer, and wanted to see if there was any killer features/reason for it (e.g. Intel used to/still has? a big advantage when it comes to single core/thread usage which makes it better for usecases when you will be using older programs) </rant>

What is your favorite type (and/or brand) of tea?
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
I appreciate the info but I think this tangent would be better suited to a separate thread. I did my research, made the purchase and I am satisfied.

I like the Lipton Lemon Light which you can get right out of the supermarket. The Peach Light flavour is good too. I need to get into the habit of making my own rather than buying them out of the shop.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
I appreciate the info but I think this tangent would be better suited to a separate thread. I did my research, made the purchase and I am satisfied.

I like the Lipton Lemon Light which you can get right out of the supermarket. The Peach Light flavour is good too. I need to get into the habit of making my own rather than buying them out of the shop.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
My tangents are normally a result of me starting to "think out loud" so to say. I'm processing my thoughts/ideas/etc and just end up like that Tongue

When you were in school what were some of your favorite subjects?

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
My tangents are normally a result of me starting to "think out loud" so to say. I'm processing my thoughts/ideas/etc and just end up like that Tongue

When you were in school what were some of your favorite subjects?
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Maths, Visual Communications, Software Development, Music and Linguistics.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Maths, Visual Communications, Software Development, Music and Linguistics.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Were the music classes instrumental, vocal, or the "lets sit around listen to this music then talk/lecture about it" type(s)?

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Were the music classes instrumental, vocal, or the "lets sit around listen to this music then talk/lecture about it" type(s)?
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Voice is an instrument. Tongue I used to play drums / percussion so it was mainly that. Some of my classes were the talk / lecture kind, however.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Voice is an instrument. Tongue I used to play drums / percussion so it was mainly that. Some of my classes were the talk / lecture kind, however.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 12th, 2018, 08:25 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

Sure but often the two often are treated differently (i.e. separate classes, not practicing together until both have it mostly nailed down already...etc)

Favorite genre(s) of music?

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 12th, 2018, 08:25 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

Sure but often the two often are treated differently (i.e. separate classes, not practicing together until both have it mostly nailed down already...etc)

Favorite genre(s) of music?
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Tbh I don't have a favourite. I listen to stuff based on my mood. I probably listen to EDM and trashy pop more than anything.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Tbh I don't have a favourite. I listen to stuff based on my mood. I probably listen to EDM and trashy pop more than anything.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Have you ever heard of the Lufia series?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Have you ever heard of the Lufia series?
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
I've heard of it but haven't played. My friend cosplayed one of the characters a few years back, however.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
I've heard of it but haven't played. My friend cosplayed one of the characters a few years back, however.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My goal is to have every Lufia game known to man in my possession one day. Atmo I'm only short one of the titles released. :3

Do you collect anything?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
My goal is to have every Lufia game known to man in my possession one day. Atmo I'm only short one of the titles released. :3

Do you collect anything?
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
What did you want to be when you were a kid?

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I see you have Attack on Titan in your signature. Have you been keeping up with the manga of it? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I see you have Attack on Titan in your signature. Have you been keeping up with the manga of it? Smile
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
(Sep 13th, 2018, 10:10 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Do you collect anything?
I dunno about 'collect' because I don't really buy stuff to complete a checklist or anything. If you're counting just accumulating heaps of stuff then I have a lot of games, Amiibo, plushies, etc.

(Sep 14th, 2018, 12:05 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Cartoonist / game dev / architect iirc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Sep 14th, 2018, 09:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
No, I only watch the Anime.
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
(Sep 13th, 2018, 10:10 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Do you collect anything?
I dunno about 'collect' because I don't really buy stuff to complete a checklist or anything. If you're counting just accumulating heaps of stuff then I have a lot of games, Amiibo, plushies, etc.

(Sep 14th, 2018, 12:05 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
Cartoonist / game dev / architect iirc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Sep 14th, 2018, 09:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
No, I only watch the Anime.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Are you more of a Dog, Cat, or other type person?

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Are you more of a Dog, Cat, or other type person?