Introducing, Cory!
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
Hello folks, those may recognize me from such boards as The Coffee House, the previous Zathyus Networks platform, or Jcink. I currently mostly attend my own two forums on the Jcink forum software, jCodes, and jDiscussions. I'm a coder at heart and the first board I mentioned is my personal board for Jcink coding resources and services.

Some facts about me:

• I am currently 31 years of age.
  • I live in Texas.
  • I live with my parents and brother. My sister visits quite often too.
  • I have worked in retail for about half my life. I first worked at Big Lots, then Walmart, now Kroger.
  • All of my immediate family currently works at Kroger now.
  • My hobbies include Call of Duty, Pokemon GO, Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, coding, message boards, fantasy books/TV/films, and hard rock & metal.

AMA, by the way!
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Hello folks, those may recognize me from such boards as The Coffee House, the previous Zathyus Networks platform, or Jcink. I currently mostly attend my own two forums on the Jcink forum software, jCodes, and jDiscussions. I'm a coder at heart and the first board I mentioned is my personal board for Jcink coding resources and services.

Some facts about me:

• I am currently 31 years of age.
  • I live in Texas.
  • I live with my parents and brother. My sister visits quite often too.
  • I have worked in retail for about half my life. I first worked at Big Lots, then Walmart, now Kroger.
  • All of my immediate family currently works at Kroger now.
  • My hobbies include Call of Duty, Pokemon GO, Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, coding, message boards, fantasy books/TV/films, and hard rock & metal.

AMA, by the way!
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hello there, Cory. I go by many names, but most just call me Maniak. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't mind all the wacky.

So, I'm going to guess by your avatar that Disturbed is amongst your favorite bands. Is there any other specific bands you like, or just the music in general?
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hello there, Cory. I go by many names, but most just call me Maniak. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't mind all the wacky.

So, I'm going to guess by your avatar that Disturbed is amongst your favorite bands. Is there any other specific bands you like, or just the music in general?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Welcome to the forums Cory! Out of those three places you worked which one do you think treats their employees the best? Gasp As you are also a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh which version of the card game is your favorite and did the tv show get you into the card game?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Welcome to the forums Cory! Out of those three places you worked which one do you think treats their employees the best? Gasp As you are also a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh which version of the card game is your favorite and did the tv show get you into the card game?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Cory!

I'm sort of still am a fan of Disturbed, I just haven't got or listened to the album that came after Immortalized, and as I've not seen that image before I have got to find out what that is.

Oh no, how fun retail is. Hope Kroger treats you well.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Cory!

I'm sort of still am a fan of Disturbed, I just haven't got or listened to the album that came after Immortalized, and as I've not seen that image before I have got to find out what that is.

Oh no, how fun retail is. Hope Kroger treats you well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Nice to see you here Cory! Grin

So when does your family plan to initiate a complete takeover of a Kroger store? Glare
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Nice to see you here Cory! Grin

So when does your family plan to initiate a complete takeover of a Kroger store? Glare
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
@Maniakkid25: Thanks for the welcome! Disturbed is indeed my most favorite band. I also like such bands as Five Finger Death Punch, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, and more!

@Karo: Thanks for the welcome! All places seemed to treat their employees fairly thus far. Not sure what you mean by which version of the card game I like, I collect more than play. The TV show did indeed get me into the TCG.

@Mr EliteL: Thanks for the welcome! If I recall correctly, I think my avatar is a part of the Immortalized artwork.

@Moonface: Thank you, nice to see you too! Only time will tell when we take over the Kroger universe! ^_^
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
@Maniakkid25: Thanks for the welcome! Disturbed is indeed my most favorite band. I also like such bands as Five Finger Death Punch, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, and more!

@Karo: Thanks for the welcome! All places seemed to treat their employees fairly thus far. Not sure what you mean by which version of the card game I like, I collect more than play. The TV show did indeed get me into the TCG.

@Mr EliteL: Thanks for the welcome! If I recall correctly, I think my avatar is a part of the Immortalized artwork.

@Moonface: Thank you, nice to see you too! Only time will tell when we take over the Kroger universe! ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What's Kroger like? I've heard it described as the Publix of states that don't have a Publix but I don't know if that just means it's a really nice store compared to most or if it actually has a lot of other similarities with it. Hmm

Also, which Disturbed song/album is your favourite? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What's Kroger like? I've heard it described as the Publix of states that don't have a Publix but I don't know if that just means it's a really nice store compared to most or if it actually has a lot of other similarities with it. Hmm

Also, which Disturbed song/album is your favourite? Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Welcome to the community, Cory! ^_^

Have you ever been to any of your favorite band's concerts before?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Welcome to the community, Cory! ^_^

Have you ever been to any of your favorite band's concerts before?
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
@Moonface: The Kroger I work out is somewhat new-ish, so it's a pretty nice store. They are a whole lot more organized than Walmart in terms of the backroom. I enjoy working there thus far.

I'm probably classic and like their song, Down With The Sickness, and their album in which the song is on, The Sickness the most.

@ShiraNoMai: Thanks for the welcome!

Never been to an individual bands concert in my entire adulthood, I don't think.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
@Moonface: The Kroger I work out is somewhat new-ish, so it's a pretty nice store. They are a whole lot more organized than Walmart in terms of the backroom. I enjoy working there thus far.

I'm probably classic and like their song, Down With The Sickness, and their album in which the song is on, The Sickness the most.

@ShiraNoMai: Thanks for the welcome!

Never been to an individual bands concert in my entire adulthood, I don't think.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah man, I hope you get the opportunity to soon! Definitely a worthwhile experience for sure.

Since you still write forum software (or code for it), what's your take on the rise of Discord?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah man, I hope you get the opportunity to soon! Definitely a worthwhile experience for sure.

Since you still write forum software (or code for it), what's your take on the rise of Discord?
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Discord is pretty amazing and I'm sure it's yet another communicative way that lessens the traffic of message boards. As sad as that is, I wouldn't want to see a world without Discord at this point. I use it for Pokemon GO mostly, but I also have a server for my own message board.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Discord is pretty amazing and I'm sure it's yet another communicative way that lessens the traffic of message boards. As sad as that is, I wouldn't want to see a world without Discord at this point. I use it for Pokemon GO mostly, but I also have a server for my own message board.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome aboard, Cory! I hope you enjoy this place Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome aboard, Cory! I hope you enjoy this place Smile .
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Thank you Kyng, I'm sure I will. Nice to see you here!
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Thank you Kyng, I'm sure I will. Nice to see you here!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What forum platform has been your favourite to code for, assuming there are notable enough differences between them when it comes to that sort of thing. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What forum platform has been your favourite to code for, assuming there are notable enough differences between them when it comes to that sort of thing. XD
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Not InvisionFree, I know that much, since jQuery wasn't a thing at the time and wasn't installed by default when it became a thing. It's probably a tie between ZetaBoards and Jcink since the way you code for them is very similar.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Not InvisionFree, I know that much, since jQuery wasn't a thing at the time and wasn't installed by default when it became a thing. It's probably a tie between ZetaBoards and Jcink since the way you code for them is very similar.