Spotify Wrapped/Your Top Songs of 2022
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm sure if you have social media at all that you've seen something like this being posted everywhere:

[Image: 4PTkjP7.png]

If not, I'll explain: Every year, Spotify gathers its stats on your activity using their platform and compiles a little video/slideshow thing that shows you what you've listened to the most in the past year, ranging from things like genres, songs, artists, and podcasts. At the very end, it shares a generated playlist of all of it (and then some) for you to enjoy.

It's become a popular thing to share your results on social media to show how much of a degenerate you are off your listening interests.

So go ahead and share here if you use Spotify. If you don't, share with us what YOU think were your top songs and artists that you listened to this year instead.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm sure if you have social media at all that you've seen something like this being posted everywhere:

[Image: 4PTkjP7.png]

If not, I'll explain: Every year, Spotify gathers its stats on your activity using their platform and compiles a little video/slideshow thing that shows you what you've listened to the most in the past year, ranging from things like genres, songs, artists, and podcasts. At the very end, it shares a generated playlist of all of it (and then some) for you to enjoy.

It's become a popular thing to share your results on social media to show how much of a degenerate you are off your listening interests.

So go ahead and share here if you use Spotify. If you don't, share with us what YOU think were your top songs and artists that you listened to this year instead.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
[Image: NzEe6sx.png]

I dare you to make less sense!

By the way, for those wondering, #4 song is Light The Fire Up In the Night (Kagejikan), which is the P3 variation of the battle music in Persona Q. And Fly Away is the one from Panty and Stocking.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
[Image: NzEe6sx.png]

I dare you to make less sense!

By the way, for those wondering, #4 song is Light The Fire Up In the Night (Kagejikan), which is the P3 variation of the battle music in Persona Q. And Fly Away is the one from Panty and Stocking.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can't be arsed grabbing a screenshot so I'll just type my Spotify Wrapped results. Tongue

Top Artists
  1. Fall Out Boy (1,917 minutes total)
  2. Tool
  3. Kings of Leon (hard disagree on this)
  4. The Cranberries (disagree with this too)
  5. Slipknot (this should not be below the two above)
Top Songs
  1. Jet Pack Blues - Fall Out Boy
  2. I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You) - Fall Out Boy
  3. America's Suitehearts - Fall Out Boy
  4. Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet - Fall Out Boy
  5. This Must Be It - Röyksopp
Top Genres
  1. Alternative Metal
  2. Emo
  3. Modern Rock
  4. Alternative Rock
  5. J-Pop
Minutes Listened - 12,461
Number of Artists Listened To - 150
Number of Genres Listened To - 23

Heavily disagree with my top artists. The only reason Kings of Leon and Cranberries are in there is because my shuffle insists on putting them both on almost every other song and I skip the song, yet I guess it counts that as listening to them. Röyksopp should easily be in my top five because I listen to them a lot, and the same with Alter Bridge (which have a song at #6 in my most listened to). Fall Out Boy being at the top isn't surprising though, since I wasn't listening to them prior to this year and didn't realise how much good music they actually have. It's similar to last year when Tool was added to Spotify and they quickly hit my number one spot because of it. It'll be interesting to see what I get next year if I don't binge a new artist in my library.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can't be arsed grabbing a screenshot so I'll just type my Spotify Wrapped results. Tongue

Top Artists
  1. Fall Out Boy (1,917 minutes total)
  2. Tool
  3. Kings of Leon (hard disagree on this)
  4. The Cranberries (disagree with this too)
  5. Slipknot (this should not be below the two above)
Top Songs
  1. Jet Pack Blues - Fall Out Boy
  2. I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You) - Fall Out Boy
  3. America's Suitehearts - Fall Out Boy
  4. Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet - Fall Out Boy
  5. This Must Be It - Röyksopp
Top Genres
  1. Alternative Metal
  2. Emo
  3. Modern Rock
  4. Alternative Rock
  5. J-Pop
Minutes Listened - 12,461
Number of Artists Listened To - 150
Number of Genres Listened To - 23

Heavily disagree with my top artists. The only reason Kings of Leon and Cranberries are in there is because my shuffle insists on putting them both on almost every other song and I skip the song, yet I guess it counts that as listening to them. Röyksopp should easily be in my top five because I listen to them a lot, and the same with Alter Bridge (which have a song at #6 in my most listened to). Fall Out Boy being at the top isn't surprising though, since I wasn't listening to them prior to this year and didn't realise how much good music they actually have. It's similar to last year when Tool was added to Spotify and they quickly hit my number one spot because of it. It'll be interesting to see what I get next year if I don't binge a new artist in my library.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't realise how big those screenshots were going to be when I saw them on my phone before this. XD

I don't use Spotify but can probably fill in what I think could be my top 5 for songs and artists. Which includes listening on my mp3, phone, laptop and YouTube.

Artists

1. Amaranthe
2. Infinite & Divine
3. LEAH
4. Ad Infinitum
5. Ayreon

I could be wrong but feel that's likely, especially for second half of the year that is. I had been mostly listening to playlists of multiple artists in the first half so many could probably fit in 4th and 5th position, but started listening to full albums and repeating songs later on along with updating the playlist I had and playing that.

Songs

1. Archangel - Amaranthe
2. Fearless - Amaranthe
3. We Are One - Infinte & Divine
4. Collide - End of the Dream
5. III Ways To Epica - Kamelot

First three I think definitely are, from the amount of times I've repeated them on both YouTube then including them in my new playlist so they're played there too. All of them and many more being in playlists also means that some other songs could also be in one of them spots, Collide had been in an old playlist then a new updated version. I have two now, one of older songs which has Kamelot's song in there too but Collide was put in a playlist of newer songs that were released recently or I discovered recently, and I play that one more than the "old songs" playlist. Both those two songs featured in the old playlist before though, which is why III Ways To Epica might have got in 5th. Ad Infinitum and LEAH I've used different songs in the playlists I've had which is why I think they get in top artists.

Would be interesting to see a more accurate record, although judging by Moon mentioning he skipped songs but may have been considered played by Spotify, that isn't ideal for me if I want a good record history. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't realise how big those screenshots were going to be when I saw them on my phone before this. XD

I don't use Spotify but can probably fill in what I think could be my top 5 for songs and artists. Which includes listening on my mp3, phone, laptop and YouTube.

Artists

1. Amaranthe
2. Infinite & Divine
3. LEAH
4. Ad Infinitum
5. Ayreon

I could be wrong but feel that's likely, especially for second half of the year that is. I had been mostly listening to playlists of multiple artists in the first half so many could probably fit in 4th and 5th position, but started listening to full albums and repeating songs later on along with updating the playlist I had and playing that.

Songs

1. Archangel - Amaranthe
2. Fearless - Amaranthe
3. We Are One - Infinte & Divine
4. Collide - End of the Dream
5. III Ways To Epica - Kamelot

First three I think definitely are, from the amount of times I've repeated them on both YouTube then including them in my new playlist so they're played there too. All of them and many more being in playlists also means that some other songs could also be in one of them spots, Collide had been in an old playlist then a new updated version. I have two now, one of older songs which has Kamelot's song in there too but Collide was put in a playlist of newer songs that were released recently or I discovered recently, and I play that one more than the "old songs" playlist. Both those two songs featured in the old playlist before though, which is why III Ways To Epica might have got in 5th. Ad Infinitum and LEAH I've used different songs in the playlists I've had which is why I think they get in top artists.

Would be interesting to see a more accurate record, although judging by Moon mentioning he skipped songs but may have been considered played by Spotify, that isn't ideal for me if I want a good record history. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 18th, 2021, 12:32 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
To put into perspective how screwed it is, in my Top 100 for 2021, Cranberries do not appear until #54 and Kings of Leon makes it in at #79. In that full list of 100, there are only two songs by The Cranberries and three by Kings of Leon. Meanwhile, I have four songs by Röyksopp that all rank higher than #54, with the latest one making it in at #45, yet that group doesn't even hit my top five artists. I really do not understand how Spotify calculated my lists, but at least I can review my top 100 to try and formulate my own rankings.

I've never heard of any of those groups you listen to though EL. How'd you find them? XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 18th, 2021, 12:32 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
To put into perspective how screwed it is, in my Top 100 for 2021, Cranberries do not appear until #54 and Kings of Leon makes it in at #79. In that full list of 100, there are only two songs by The Cranberries and three by Kings of Leon. Meanwhile, I have four songs by Röyksopp that all rank higher than #54, with the latest one making it in at #45, yet that group doesn't even hit my top five artists. I really do not understand how Spotify calculated my lists, but at least I can review my top 100 to try and formulate my own rankings.

I've never heard of any of those groups you listen to though EL. How'd you find them? XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Looking at how you have Fall Out Boy with a total minutes listened number, perhaps it's again factoring the skips but adds the total time of the song skipped, regardless unless you didn't get Cranberries as much as Kings of Leon? Just that you listened to more of the same songs that got in your top five....? But then with Röyskopp in at 5...that still should mean they should be in top 5 artists. Ahhh, frick that. I remember my iTunes not record a song if you don't listen to it all to the end, why can't it be like that?

Mostly through association of other bands like Kamelot, guest vocalists appearing there so I check their stuff out, vocalist I already know of guest appearing in other bands, or through a random suggestion by YouTube. Usually the suggestions by YouTube aren't my thing, but once in like 30 (not an accurate estimation) I find one that is to my liking.  =3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Looking at how you have Fall Out Boy with a total minutes listened number, perhaps it's again factoring the skips but adds the total time of the song skipped, regardless unless you didn't get Cranberries as much as Kings of Leon? Just that you listened to more of the same songs that got in your top five....? But then with Röyskopp in at 5...that still should mean they should be in top 5 artists. Ahhh, frick that. I remember my iTunes not record a song if you don't listen to it all to the end, why can't it be like that?

Mostly through association of other bands like Kamelot, guest vocalists appearing there so I check their stuff out, vocalist I already know of guest appearing in other bands, or through a random suggestion by YouTube. Usually the suggestions by YouTube aren't my thing, but once in like 30 (not an accurate estimation) I find one that is to my liking.  =3
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ya know EL, of all the musical directions I could've pinned you for exploring more, symphonic/Scandanavian metal groups were not on my radar XD Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just quite the left field of genres in general that people listen to. I know you've been listening to them for some time but I just took a moment to reflect on that knowledge, I guess. Sweat

Ah, discovery through the algorithms! I actually have found artists that way as well. YouTube led me to One Ok Rock, Spotify led me to Polkadot Stingray, and of course "related artists" on regular searches on these sites can lead down a path of "Ooh".
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ya know EL, of all the musical directions I could've pinned you for exploring more, symphonic/Scandanavian metal groups were not on my radar XD Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's just quite the left field of genres in general that people listen to. I know you've been listening to them for some time but I just took a moment to reflect on that knowledge, I guess. Sweat

Ah, discovery through the algorithms! I actually have found artists that way as well. YouTube led me to One Ok Rock, Spotify led me to Polkadot Stingray, and of course "related artists" on regular searches on these sites can lead down a path of "Ooh".
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh no, what did you have me pinned on? Actually, I'd rather not know the answer. XD Yeah I pretty much expect people who've met me or know me but not know the music I'm in to, to be surprised so I don't find anything wrong with it, just amusing. 

Yeah I've been on that road for a while now, ever since I found Kamelot back in...probably '08 or '09 after a Bleach AMV I found with someone putting March of Mephisto over it. Got into them, which led me find numerous female fronted bands with melodic vocals after, as I was stubbornly against finding anything else with a male vocalist because anything else I found couldn't compare. I'm better now though, but damn it's been a good ride so far especially this year.
Found something else two nights ago already that I just have to get, and they've been about for a while, I even tried them out before too which is Battle Beast with Noora Louhimo. That's another thing returning to a band I thought was OK but not for me, only to find it again then realise I do indeed like the music, probably because a new song I didn't hear yet just happens to blow my mind. It's even more funny that I bought a new album just last week, the vocalist appears on there as a guest on a number of songs (Heart Healer), and also in Amaranthe as a guest too on a song, what? They've been there all along. LOL Now it makes me want to check out more guest artists again.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh no, what did you have me pinned on? Actually, I'd rather not know the answer. XD Yeah I pretty much expect people who've met me or know me but not know the music I'm in to, to be surprised so I don't find anything wrong with it, just amusing. 

Yeah I've been on that road for a while now, ever since I found Kamelot back in...probably '08 or '09 after a Bleach AMV I found with someone putting March of Mephisto over it. Got into them, which led me find numerous female fronted bands with melodic vocals after, as I was stubbornly against finding anything else with a male vocalist because anything else I found couldn't compare. I'm better now though, but damn it's been a good ride so far especially this year.
Found something else two nights ago already that I just have to get, and they've been about for a while, I even tried them out before too which is Battle Beast with Noora Louhimo. That's another thing returning to a band I thought was OK but not for me, only to find it again then realise I do indeed like the music, probably because a new song I didn't hear yet just happens to blow my mind. It's even more funny that I bought a new album just last week, the vocalist appears on there as a guest on a number of songs (Heart Healer), and also in Amaranthe as a guest too on a song, what? They've been there all along. LOL Now it makes me want to check out more guest artists again.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spotify Wrapped (or Your Top Songs of 2022)
Been too busy to share mine after seeing it a few days ago, but for those who use Spotify the 2022 Wrapped is live, so if you got one, what did it look like? Grin
If not because you use other services like YouTube or whatever and those things don't provide any sort of yearly summary, then feel free to just share what you think you listened to the most of this year or just generally enjoyed going back to frequently? ^_^

Here's mine:

[Image: im35Tes.png]

I find it interesting how only one of my top songs is by one of my top artists. I need to still look at my overall Wrapped 2022 playlist to see what other songs I listened to a lot. Plus I'm curious where the first song is in there from each of my top artists.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spotify Wrapped (or Your Top Songs of 2022)
Been too busy to share mine after seeing it a few days ago, but for those who use Spotify the 2022 Wrapped is live, so if you got one, what did it look like? Grin
If not because you use other services like YouTube or whatever and those things don't provide any sort of yearly summary, then feel free to just share what you think you listened to the most of this year or just generally enjoyed going back to frequently? ^_^

Here's mine:

[Image: im35Tes.png]

I find it interesting how only one of my top songs is by one of my top artists. I need to still look at my overall Wrapped 2022 playlist to see what other songs I listened to a lot. Plus I'm curious where the first song is in there from each of my top artists.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Once again I shall attempt to list what I think have been my top 5 songs and artists this year, can't believe it's already gone by that quick. Feel like it'll be similar to last year with some changes.

1. Light The Torch
2. Amaranthe
3. Infinite & Divine
4. Battle Beast
5. Kamelot

Light The Torch after getting two albums by them and playing certain songs a lot, while also included in my Ultimate Playlist and another Light The Torch central playlist. Still loving Infinite & Divine's 2021 album Silver Lining plus We Are One still featured in my Ultimate Playlist. Similar with Amaranthe but it's three albums I'm listening to and songs from each, which puts them second. Battle Beast I also bought two albums from them, playing Circus of Doom a lot as well as select songs from that too. Kamelot is always present in my music play time, plus also have a playlist dedicated to them.

1. Infinite & Divine - We Are One
2. Light The Torch - The Great Divide/Something Deep Inside
3. Battle Beast - Eye of the Storm/Master of Illusion
4. Heartwind - Line of Fire
5. Killswitch Engage - My Curse

We Are One is easily one of my top 5 favourite songs of all time (in fact I think 3rd), couldn't decide between number 2, but listened to both a lot plus repeating. Same for the Battle Beast songs. Although late into the year Line of Fire is the song that made me buy the Strangers album, the amount I just had to play that, if I was still using iTunes, likely between 200-300 times, which makes the songs above it similar or more ROFL . Forgot how good My Curse is, bought KE's As Daylight Dies album after having two songs from that already and wondering why the heck I don't own the full album, My Curse wasn't the two songs I had.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Once again I shall attempt to list what I think have been my top 5 songs and artists this year, can't believe it's already gone by that quick. Feel like it'll be similar to last year with some changes.

1. Light The Torch
2. Amaranthe
3. Infinite & Divine
4. Battle Beast
5. Kamelot

Light The Torch after getting two albums by them and playing certain songs a lot, while also included in my Ultimate Playlist and another Light The Torch central playlist. Still loving Infinite & Divine's 2021 album Silver Lining plus We Are One still featured in my Ultimate Playlist. Similar with Amaranthe but it's three albums I'm listening to and songs from each, which puts them second. Battle Beast I also bought two albums from them, playing Circus of Doom a lot as well as select songs from that too. Kamelot is always present in my music play time, plus also have a playlist dedicated to them.

1. Infinite & Divine - We Are One
2. Light The Torch - The Great Divide/Something Deep Inside
3. Battle Beast - Eye of the Storm/Master of Illusion
4. Heartwind - Line of Fire
5. Killswitch Engage - My Curse

We Are One is easily one of my top 5 favourite songs of all time (in fact I think 3rd), couldn't decide between number 2, but listened to both a lot plus repeating. Same for the Battle Beast songs. Although late into the year Line of Fire is the song that made me buy the Strangers album, the amount I just had to play that, if I was still using iTunes, likely between 200-300 times, which makes the songs above it similar or more ROFL . Forgot how good My Curse is, bought KE's As Daylight Dies album after having two songs from that already and wondering why the heck I don't own the full album, My Curse wasn't the two songs I had.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm kinda sad Spotify didn't have anything about new songs/artists I'd found in 2022, since I always liked being reminded of the new stuff I found in a particular year and which of it was the one I latched onto most. While not the same, fortunately Spotify does show when you added a song to your library, so I guess I can try to use that to formulate a list of some kind of what artists/songs/albums I discovered last year:

Albums (ranked by what I think I listened to most)
  1. The Sufferer & The Witness - Rise Against
  2. Moral Panic - Nothing But Thieves
  3. Gossamar - Passion Pit
  4. Broken Machine - Nothing But Thieves
  5. Appeal To Reason - Rise Against
Songs (ranked on number of plays based on my Spotify Wrapped 2022 playlist)
  1. Cry Like A Ghost - Passion Pit
  2. Miracle, Baby - Nothing But Thieves
  3. Little Secrets - Passion Pit
  4. Carried Away - Passion Pit
  5. Prayer Of The Refugee - Rise Against
  6. Calling All Cars - Senses Fail
  7. Hearts / Wires - Deftones
  8. Re-Education (Through Labor) - Rise Against
  9. Sweet 16 - Feeder
  10. Impossible - Nothing But Thieves
For artists the only brand new one I think I discovered was Nothing But Thieves; otherwise, any others are artists who I had listened to maybe a song or two of before, but in 2022 decided to go through some of their albums to find there's a lot more stuff of theirs that I like, which was basically Rise Against and Passion Pit.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm kinda sad Spotify didn't have anything about new songs/artists I'd found in 2022, since I always liked being reminded of the new stuff I found in a particular year and which of it was the one I latched onto most. While not the same, fortunately Spotify does show when you added a song to your library, so I guess I can try to use that to formulate a list of some kind of what artists/songs/albums I discovered last year:

Albums (ranked by what I think I listened to most)
  1. The Sufferer & The Witness - Rise Against
  2. Moral Panic - Nothing But Thieves
  3. Gossamar - Passion Pit
  4. Broken Machine - Nothing But Thieves
  5. Appeal To Reason - Rise Against
Songs (ranked on number of plays based on my Spotify Wrapped 2022 playlist)
  1. Cry Like A Ghost - Passion Pit
  2. Miracle, Baby - Nothing But Thieves
  3. Little Secrets - Passion Pit
  4. Carried Away - Passion Pit
  5. Prayer Of The Refugee - Rise Against
  6. Calling All Cars - Senses Fail
  7. Hearts / Wires - Deftones
  8. Re-Education (Through Labor) - Rise Against
  9. Sweet 16 - Feeder
  10. Impossible - Nothing But Thieves
For artists the only brand new one I think I discovered was Nothing But Thieves; otherwise, any others are artists who I had listened to maybe a song or two of before, but in 2022 decided to go through some of their albums to find there's a lot more stuff of theirs that I like, which was basically Rise Against and Passion Pit.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface Eh? What's the difference between the Top 5 Songs from the Wrapped image in the post above mine and the top 10 songs where only Cry Like a Ghost and Miracle, Baby appear in both if they're each taking records from Spotify? Which one is correct, I take it the image isn't? XD

EDIT: Wait no, I immediately realised once I hit post, they're the new songs you listened to in 2022. I looked at the image to compare and got myself confused. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface Eh? What's the difference between the Top 5 Songs from the Wrapped image in the post above mine and the top 10 songs where only Cry Like a Ghost and Miracle, Baby appear in both if they're each taking records from Spotify? Which one is correct, I take it the image isn't? XD

EDIT: Wait no, I immediately realised once I hit post, they're the new songs you listened to in 2022. I looked at the image to compare and got myself confused. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 17th, 2022, 01:03 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Beat me to needing to explain it but yeah, the list I wrote is just top songs of ones I only discovered in 2022.

Also for an alternate take on this, I'd say I kinda axed a lot of songs and artists from my library in 2022 as well. I removed a ton of Muse songs and even the few that still remain aren't really my cup of tea anymore and I should really take those out too. It's funny because I only added those songs a few years ago and really liked listening to all of it but over time I've fell out of their sound. One OK Rock is another one too, where I had a lot of their newer stuff in my library that I added back when I saw them live, but after not listening to it for a while and the fresh car smell wearing off from discovering those songs from their live performance initially, I just don't find it to actually be that good. Their older stuff is fine, I just don't care that much for their newer sound. 30 Seconds To Mars is probably the most notable removal for me, although they are still in my library I will skip their songs every time they turn up because I find it hard to want to listen to their music when I get the feeling sooner or later it's going to come out that Jared Leto is a creepy bastard. I got burnt by that sort of thing with Lostprophets except that one was entirely out of nowhere (as you'd expect for someone being outed as a pedophile) but Leto just seems to have adopted this cultish persona over the more recent years that just makes me iffy on him. Don't have an issue with the music itself like I did with Muse and OKO; I just feel uncomfortable listening to music by someone who acts in ways that are a little concerning and suspicious. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 17th, 2022, 01:03 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Beat me to needing to explain it but yeah, the list I wrote is just top songs of ones I only discovered in 2022.

Also for an alternate take on this, I'd say I kinda axed a lot of songs and artists from my library in 2022 as well. I removed a ton of Muse songs and even the few that still remain aren't really my cup of tea anymore and I should really take those out too. It's funny because I only added those songs a few years ago and really liked listening to all of it but over time I've fell out of their sound. One OK Rock is another one too, where I had a lot of their newer stuff in my library that I added back when I saw them live, but after not listening to it for a while and the fresh car smell wearing off from discovering those songs from their live performance initially, I just don't find it to actually be that good. Their older stuff is fine, I just don't care that much for their newer sound. 30 Seconds To Mars is probably the most notable removal for me, although they are still in my library I will skip their songs every time they turn up because I find it hard to want to listen to their music when I get the feeling sooner or later it's going to come out that Jared Leto is a creepy bastard. I got burnt by that sort of thing with Lostprophets except that one was entirely out of nowhere (as you'd expect for someone being outed as a pedophile) but Leto just seems to have adopted this cultish persona over the more recent years that just makes me iffy on him. Don't have an issue with the music itself like I did with Muse and OKO; I just feel uncomfortable listening to music by someone who acts in ways that are a little concerning and suspicious. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out about Leto. Although I haven't been following 30STM or him for ages, last thing I knew he was in was Suicide Squad and possibly another role as his Joker, but that was a while ago now. I'd hate it if some awful news propped up about someone or band I do actively follow or still enjoy the music of, not sure what I'd do.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out about Leto. Although I haven't been following 30STM or him for ages, last thing I knew he was in was Suicide Squad and possibly another role as his Joker, but that was a while ago now. I'd hate it if some awful news propped up about someone or band I do actively follow or still enjoy the music of, not sure what I'd do.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 10th, 2023, 10:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I think the last movie he did was Morbius, which I'd be shocked if you managed to never hear about that movie just for the giant meme it became (I think it even got another run in theatres because Sony got tricked into thinking people were dying to go see it due to all the continued talk about it after it had left theatres only for barely anyone to actually go because nobody really wanted to see it). I don't know if maybe Leto's increased film pursuits have reduced how much time he puts into his whole "echelon" cult thing he started doing with 30STM in its later albums or not, but at least for any movies that required him to have short hair he couldn't go around taking photos of himself that give off really strong Jesus vibes. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 10th, 2023, 10:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I think the last movie he did was Morbius, which I'd be shocked if you managed to never hear about that movie just for the giant meme it became (I think it even got another run in theatres because Sony got tricked into thinking people were dying to go see it due to all the continued talk about it after it had left theatres only for barely anyone to actually go because nobody really wanted to see it). I don't know if maybe Leto's increased film pursuits have reduced how much time he puts into his whole "echelon" cult thing he started doing with 30STM in its later albums or not, but at least for any movies that required him to have short hair he couldn't go around taking photos of himself that give off really strong Jesus vibes. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parody/Silly Songs Moonface 5 327 Jan 3rd, 2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023 Moonface 3 282 Dec 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Cover Songs Moonface 16 6,658 Aug 3rd, 2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Monocle
  Xmas 2022 Mr EliteL 18 2,759 Jan 17th, 2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  2022: Hopes, Wishes, Dreams, Realities ShiraNoMai 13 2,630 Aug 18th, 2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Moonface