If You Were a Twitch Streamer?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,637
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I know most if not all of us here watch Twitch to some extent, and recently I've personally been thinking of random stuff like what I would use for alerts and such if I was a streamer, and figured while I share what I came up with why not open the floor to see what anyone else would use or come up with? You can also share what you think you'd stream or do/did stream, along with anything else like emotes or whatever other stuff a Twitch channel could have. Smile

Also applies to anyone who actually is a Twitch streamer or was one, since I know @Maniakkid25 and @Karo did some Twitch stuff back in the day (unless you guys still do it but I was under the impression it had dropped off).

Also also, if you prefer to use YouTube instead because perhaps you're just more familiar with that or would make things not suited to Twitch, you can share that too. ^_^

With that out the way, here's one thing I know I would absolutely use for an alert if I had a channel: https://youtu.be/r1vuuir44nU?t=92

I don't know why, but just the "No problem" with the thumbs up feels so perfect to me if it was accompanied by a message like "Moonface has subscribed for x months". Tongue

As for what I'd stream...I would definitely want to do a variety of things rather than be tied to one particular game/series like a lot of content creators can be both on Twitch and elsewhere. I don't love any game enough to play it everyday for months on end and it would just cause me to start hating it, even if the money for doing it was good. I've witnessed the decline of a content creator from enjoying what they do to utterly hating it and sounding dead inside and although they managed to get out of that, I'd never want to end up in that situation. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,637 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I know most if not all of us here watch Twitch to some extent, and recently I've personally been thinking of random stuff like what I would use for alerts and such if I was a streamer, and figured while I share what I came up with why not open the floor to see what anyone else would use or come up with? You can also share what you think you'd stream or do/did stream, along with anything else like emotes or whatever other stuff a Twitch channel could have. Smile

Also applies to anyone who actually is a Twitch streamer or was one, since I know @Maniakkid25 and @Karo did some Twitch stuff back in the day (unless you guys still do it but I was under the impression it had dropped off).

Also also, if you prefer to use YouTube instead because perhaps you're just more familiar with that or would make things not suited to Twitch, you can share that too. ^_^

With that out the way, here's one thing I know I would absolutely use for an alert if I had a channel: https://youtu.be/r1vuuir44nU?t=92

I don't know why, but just the "No problem" with the thumbs up feels so perfect to me if it was accompanied by a message like "Moonface has subscribed for x months". Tongue

As for what I'd stream...I would definitely want to do a variety of things rather than be tied to one particular game/series like a lot of content creators can be both on Twitch and elsewhere. I don't love any game enough to play it everyday for months on end and it would just cause me to start hating it, even if the money for doing it was good. I've witnessed the decline of a content creator from enjoying what they do to utterly hating it and sounding dead inside and although they managed to get out of that, I'd never want to end up in that situation. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I agree with the reason for variety. Locking myself into one thing forever seems miserable, even if you could in theory have infinite content with it (i.e. randomizers, user-created content, etc). I'd definitely use it as a chance to get through my own video game backlog.

Thinking of it, I'd find it interesting to be a Yoshi v-tuber. I'm not really a fan of looking at myself so I'm unsure if I'd ever do real-cam streams, and regular anime waifu v-tubers aren't interesting to me. But what if yoshi? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I agree with the reason for variety. Locking myself into one thing forever seems miserable, even if you could in theory have infinite content with it (i.e. randomizers, user-created content, etc). I'd definitely use it as a chance to get through my own video game backlog.

Thinking of it, I'd find it interesting to be a Yoshi v-tuber. I'm not really a fan of looking at myself so I'm unsure if I'd ever do real-cam streams, and regular anime waifu v-tubers aren't interesting to me. But what if yoshi? Hmm
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I've always wanted to attempt a stream but haven't done any yet, and don't know if my laptop(s) can handle it. I did even try once but I couldn't get what I had setup to work, so gave up, I just probably had it all wrong. XD But eh, doubt my personality would've hold it up/keep it going.

I like the idea of using the stream as a way to get through my backlog of games. Plus I'd use it for current games I'm playing plus past favourite games as well perhaps, ones that can be played with the correct equipment and not emulator since I haven't dabbled in that yet and don't intend to. So that cuts out handheld games (GBA, DS, 3DS) unfortunately, but I'm probably forgetting something that can be used.

Wouldn't use a face cam, just a mic, I have a love-hate for face cams, and if for myself it would instantly fall into hate. The dislike is mainly how it obscures part of the gameplay, unless the setup has a section for the cam separate to gameplay but then that lowers the size of the gameplay screen, so I usually tolerate others using a cam over the game to don't mind it there. XD

Never really considered an alert....perhaps something from Paper Mario TTYD or another favourite game of mine, put not that recent so it has a nostalgia feel to it like Moony's Rayman above. :3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I've always wanted to attempt a stream but haven't done any yet, and don't know if my laptop(s) can handle it. I did even try once but I couldn't get what I had setup to work, so gave up, I just probably had it all wrong. XD But eh, doubt my personality would've hold it up/keep it going.

I like the idea of using the stream as a way to get through my backlog of games. Plus I'd use it for current games I'm playing plus past favourite games as well perhaps, ones that can be played with the correct equipment and not emulator since I haven't dabbled in that yet and don't intend to. So that cuts out handheld games (GBA, DS, 3DS) unfortunately, but I'm probably forgetting something that can be used.

Wouldn't use a face cam, just a mic, I have a love-hate for face cams, and if for myself it would instantly fall into hate. The dislike is mainly how it obscures part of the gameplay, unless the setup has a section for the cam separate to gameplay but then that lowers the size of the gameplay screen, so I usually tolerate others using a cam over the game to don't mind it there. XD

Never really considered an alert....perhaps something from Paper Mario TTYD or another favourite game of mine, put not that recent so it has a nostalgia feel to it like Moony's Rayman above. :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,637
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 10th, 2022, 04:13 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
To be fair would you really be looking at yourself that much since generally I expect you'd just have your game open and then the chat, and not really needing to pay attention to footage of your actual stream unless you were checking something like your camera focus or position?

(Apr 10th, 2022, 09:51 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Face cam I could get over I think, it'd be my own voice I would detest hearing but luckily that would only be if I watched back any of my own content. Tongue

I tried looking quickly for images that could work and if you cut out the boo in this and maybe had the words "SUB!" come out the mouth like she's shouting it it could be kinda neat: https://imgix.kotaku.com.au/content/uplo...=20&fm=gif
As for the Rayman one, I didn't pick it for nostalgia but just because it came to mind as something that would work well. XD

I've been trying to think of what my emotes would be like but I really can't think of anything. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,637 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 10th, 2022, 04:13 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
To be fair would you really be looking at yourself that much since generally I expect you'd just have your game open and then the chat, and not really needing to pay attention to footage of your actual stream unless you were checking something like your camera focus or position?

(Apr 10th, 2022, 09:51 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Face cam I could get over I think, it'd be my own voice I would detest hearing but luckily that would only be if I watched back any of my own content. Tongue

I tried looking quickly for images that could work and if you cut out the boo in this and maybe had the words "SUB!" come out the mouth like she's shouting it it could be kinda neat: https://imgix.kotaku.com.au/content/uplo...=20&fm=gif
As for the Rayman one, I didn't pick it for nostalgia but just because it came to mind as something that would work well. XD

I've been trying to think of what my emotes would be like but I really can't think of anything. Hmm
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I really never wanted to do live gaming. I like well done, edited videos that are the best they could be.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I really never wanted to do live gaming. I like well done, edited videos that are the best they could be.