What Oils Your Gears?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Having just recently re-discovered and posted in the What Grinds Your Gears? thread, I thought to myself that it'd be nice to have a thread for sharing things that make us happy to offset the annoyances that grind our gears, so here we are! What things oil your gears and make your inner furnace feel warm and fuzzy? =3

Something that always makes me happy is good food. I didn't really notice it until @ShiraNoMai started commenting on my reactions to certain meals or foods, but anything that is one of my favourite foods or just a rare treat such as British cuisine (since that isn't common in the US for obvious reasons) is usually guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Having just recently re-discovered and posted in the What Grinds Your Gears? thread, I thought to myself that it'd be nice to have a thread for sharing things that make us happy to offset the annoyances that grind our gears, so here we are! What things oil your gears and make your inner furnace feel warm and fuzzy? =3

Something that always makes me happy is good food. I didn't really notice it until @ShiraNoMai started commenting on my reactions to certain meals or foods, but anything that is one of my favourite foods or just a rare treat such as British cuisine (since that isn't common in the US for obvious reasons) is usually guaranteed to bring a smile to my face. Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'd have to say whenever I get a chance to play with friends definitely oil my gear. Though nice outfits can also make me happy real life or in a game. Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'd have to say whenever I get a chance to play with friends definitely oil my gear. Though nice outfits can also make me happy real life or in a game. Gasp
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 18th, 2022, 12:37 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'll keep my questions for game cosmetics to the thread we have for those but what would you say is your favorite type of outfits in real life? By that I mean like is it jeans, shirts, shoes, skirts, etc. it doesn't have to be a full outfit from head to toe. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 18th, 2022, 12:37 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'll keep my questions for game cosmetics to the thread we have for those but what would you say is your favorite type of outfits in real life? By that I mean like is it jeans, shirts, shoes, skirts, etc. it doesn't have to be a full outfit from head to toe. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly it can be anything that looks cute really? I like dresses, skirts, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, crop tops if it has a nice design to it. Now of course does it mean I might get it? I'd say only if I think I would look good in it myself if not then its probably best for me to just admire it from afar. ;u;
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly it can be anything that looks cute really? I like dresses, skirts, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, crop tops if it has a nice design to it. Now of course does it mean I might get it? I'd say only if I think I would look good in it myself if not then its probably best for me to just admire it from afar. ;u;
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to post this when I read your post about playing games with friends, but I always really enjoy getting to talk with friends! Grin I sometimes end up getting lonely if I find everyone I want to talk to isn't available or I don't get to hear from someone for a while. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to post this when I read your post about playing games with friends, but I always really enjoy getting to talk with friends! Grin I sometimes end up getting lonely if I find everyone I want to talk to isn't available or I don't get to hear from someone for a while. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 18th, 2022, 01:13 AM)Karo Wrote:

I'm not a shopping type of person, but I'd love to go shopping with you for that kind of stuff! I hope we can one day Sigh

What really oils my gears is when justice and righteousness is enacted in the world. A lovely piece of news that just exudes positivity and things going for the better. There's nothing like seeing things beyond your control actually being handled in a fair and just manner.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 18th, 2022, 01:13 AM)Karo Wrote:

I'm not a shopping type of person, but I'd love to go shopping with you for that kind of stuff! I hope we can one day Sigh

What really oils my gears is when justice and righteousness is enacted in the world. A lovely piece of news that just exudes positivity and things going for the better. There's nothing like seeing things beyond your control actually being handled in a fair and just manner.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Moony your always welcome to message me and I shall remember to do the same! <3 I am always lurking in the shadows!

@ShiraNoMai
I would like that Nikki <3

That is always a very oil your gear moment! <3
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Moony your always welcome to message me and I shall remember to do the same! <3 I am always lurking in the shadows!

@ShiraNoMai
I would like that Nikki <3

That is always a very oil your gear moment! <3
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2022, 02:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
More so when you eventually come to live with the idea that the majority of bad acts do not result in consequences like the saying "You'll get what's coming to you" or those of a similar ilk. Same applies to thinking good things and success will come to those who do good and work hard. You can do everything right and still end up losing, which I find a very hard pill to swallow if that thought comes to my mind when I'm not doing good mentally.

In the spirit of trying to spread good to others where possible to mitigate the issue above, I really love it when guys can express great fondness for each other because society tries to push men down when it comes to feelings. Girls can compliment each other all the time and no one would ever question it, but trying to do it guy to guy is way harder when it comes to overall acceptance. One of my old coworkers outright told me he would miss the shit out of me and loved me when I was leaving the job, and it meant a lot because of how rare it is for a guy to admit to another that they care so much for another guy friend. Society is too hooked on men being tough and not showing weakness and I hate the toxicity that breeds. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2022, 02:36 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
More so when you eventually come to live with the idea that the majority of bad acts do not result in consequences like the saying "You'll get what's coming to you" or those of a similar ilk. Same applies to thinking good things and success will come to those who do good and work hard. You can do everything right and still end up losing, which I find a very hard pill to swallow if that thought comes to my mind when I'm not doing good mentally.

In the spirit of trying to spread good to others where possible to mitigate the issue above, I really love it when guys can express great fondness for each other because society tries to push men down when it comes to feelings. Girls can compliment each other all the time and no one would ever question it, but trying to do it guy to guy is way harder when it comes to overall acceptance. One of my old coworkers outright told me he would miss the shit out of me and loved me when I was leaving the job, and it meant a lot because of how rare it is for a guy to admit to another that they care so much for another guy friend. Society is too hooked on men being tough and not showing weakness and I hate the toxicity that breeds. Errm
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Family. It's truly everything to me. Without it I would lose myself.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Family. It's truly everything to me. Without it I would lose myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Grinds Your Gears? Moonface 6 2,659 Feb 14th, 2024, 04:09 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai