Ever Received a Gift You Disliked?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With Christmas around the corner and the thought of gift giving on my mind, I was remembering times in the past when I received gifts that I either didn't want at all or just disliked, and wondered if anyone else here has ever had that?

For me, it was one particular Christmas when my mothers parents decided to randomly buy me a bunch of books about football (soccer) and diving, despite the fact I had never shown any interest in either subject. Despite being young I can recall my parents even questioning it between themselves, and I even get the feeling that I got similar books the following year too. Errm

Another time was for my 18th birthday, my parents bought me a tankard because I was now legally allowed to purchase/drink alcohol, and at the time I found it a very odd gift because I wasn't going to drink from it, and I also didn't really even care to drink alcohol anyway so it felt odd getting something focused on a thing I wasn't going to start doing. They did offer to return it and get me something else, but over time it grew on me just as a thing to look at on my TV unit so I ultimately kept it, but it was something I initially wasn't very receptive to. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With Christmas around the corner and the thought of gift giving on my mind, I was remembering times in the past when I received gifts that I either didn't want at all or just disliked, and wondered if anyone else here has ever had that?

For me, it was one particular Christmas when my mothers parents decided to randomly buy me a bunch of books about football (soccer) and diving, despite the fact I had never shown any interest in either subject. Despite being young I can recall my parents even questioning it between themselves, and I even get the feeling that I got similar books the following year too. Errm

Another time was for my 18th birthday, my parents bought me a tankard because I was now legally allowed to purchase/drink alcohol, and at the time I found it a very odd gift because I wasn't going to drink from it, and I also didn't really even care to drink alcohol anyway so it felt odd getting something focused on a thing I wasn't going to start doing. They did offer to return it and get me something else, but over time it grew on me just as a thing to look at on my TV unit so I ultimately kept it, but it was something I initially wasn't very receptive to. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
There's been plenty I've disliked or mainly pointless to me that I had no need for.

For starters past Christmas', this bunch of stuff:

A Diddy Kong soft toy my Auntie gave me, but may keep now since she's passed. Not even a fan of Diddy, he's OK, assume she got it because a friend of ours likes monkeys, my sister likes monkeys, I...would rather not have monkey related items.
I got a digital clock from her too which wasn't bad, use it as the clock in my room mainly for bed though and alarm to get me up when I need it. XD

Four Naruto figures that weren't "official" and look really ugly.

Probably some more but can't think of them at the moment.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
There's been plenty I've disliked or mainly pointless to me that I had no need for.

For starters past Christmas', this bunch of stuff:

A Diddy Kong soft toy my Auntie gave me, but may keep now since she's passed. Not even a fan of Diddy, he's OK, assume she got it because a friend of ours likes monkeys, my sister likes monkeys, I...would rather not have monkey related items.
I got a digital clock from her too which wasn't bad, use it as the clock in my room mainly for bed though and alarm to get me up when I need it. XD

Four Naruto figures that weren't "official" and look really ugly.

Probably some more but can't think of them at the moment.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Yeah as a kid I got a bunch of things for Christmas that I either didn't ask for or didn't need/want. But looking back, it's the thought that counts and that's what matters to me.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Yeah as a kid I got a bunch of things for Christmas that I either didn't ask for or didn't need/want. But looking back, it's the thought that counts and that's what matters to me.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Mr EliteL: Oof, last year sounded real rough for getting things you don't care for. Even then, it's impressive in a sad way how you've had three years running of getting multiples of questionable items. XD
Also, I absolutely want an image of those Naruto figures. It sounds like they'll be hilarious to see. LOL

@"BigUltraXCI": Fair point on the thought thing, which is what I view my parents gift of the tankard as. As for the items my mothers parents got for me, I don't consider any realm of thought about that because I know the only reason I got that stuff was due to their complete lack of caring to pay attention to my interests whenever I tried to actively share them. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Mr EliteL: Oof, last year sounded real rough for getting things you don't care for. Even then, it's impressive in a sad way how you've had three years running of getting multiples of questionable items. XD
Also, I absolutely want an image of those Naruto figures. It sounds like they'll be hilarious to see. LOL

@"BigUltraXCI": Fair point on the thought thing, which is what I view my parents gift of the tankard as. As for the items my mothers parents got for me, I don't consider any realm of thought about that because I know the only reason I got that stuff was due to their complete lack of caring to pay attention to my interests whenever I tried to actively share them. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My Birthdays have been fine when I looked back in my topic on here, all items I liked/asked for. I'm sure 2017 and earlier Xmas had some presents I didn't like too, don't want to start checking though. XD Perhaps when I get my '15-'17 diaries.
Thought the figures were still in my room but not in here, might be in the shed or I got rid of them. If I do find them I'll take a picture in good lighting, well daylight.

Yeah I get the thought that counts. I'd live with some if there won't so much. I suppose I have been living with most.

Ah, that reminds me some bath products, some I do ask for but have some I just won't ever use like might have been Monster's Inc themed or whatever, but c'mon I'm an adult, I don't need that. Or a men's set with a tumbler, shaving, shower gel or whatever but my sister went and sold it without asking if I was going to use the pack. I wasn't bothered by that, forgot I had it but realised I would've used it. Not a big loss.

Also Christmas socks, yes socks can be simple and I'd actually accept socks, although got more than enough at the moment, but why Christmas themed and why so late into the month? Have I worn them even this year's month? Nope. Got plenty already. Did get Simpsons Christmas Slipper Socks once that I have used before and not during Christmas, so that was a good gift.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My Birthdays have been fine when I looked back in my topic on here, all items I liked/asked for. I'm sure 2017 and earlier Xmas had some presents I didn't like too, don't want to start checking though. XD Perhaps when I get my '15-'17 diaries.
Thought the figures were still in my room but not in here, might be in the shed or I got rid of them. If I do find them I'll take a picture in good lighting, well daylight.

Yeah I get the thought that counts. I'd live with some if there won't so much. I suppose I have been living with most.

Ah, that reminds me some bath products, some I do ask for but have some I just won't ever use like might have been Monster's Inc themed or whatever, but c'mon I'm an adult, I don't need that. Or a men's set with a tumbler, shaving, shower gel or whatever but my sister went and sold it without asking if I was going to use the pack. I wasn't bothered by that, forgot I had it but realised I would've used it. Not a big loss.

Also Christmas socks, yes socks can be simple and I'd actually accept socks, although got more than enough at the moment, but why Christmas themed and why so late into the month? Have I worn them even this year's month? Nope. Got plenty already. Did get Simpsons Christmas Slipper Socks once that I have used before and not during Christmas, so that was a good gift.