Lies of P | Version 1.3.0.0 Patch
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

You wake up at an abandoned train station in Krat, a city overwhelmed by madness and bloodlust. In front of you lies a single note that reads:

"Find Mr. Geppetto. He's here in the city."

Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don't expect any help along the way and don't make the mistake of trusting anyone.

You must always lie to others if you hope to become human.

Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action souls-like game set in a cruel, dark Belle Époque world.
All of humanity is lost in a once beautiful city that has now become a living hell filled with unspeakable horrors.
Lies of P offers an elegant world filled with tension, a deep combat system and a gripping story.
Guide Pinocchio and experience his unrelenting journey to become human.

A Dark Fairytale Retold
The timeless tale of Pinocchio has been reimagined with dark and striking visuals.Set in the fallen city of Krat, Pinnochio desperately fights to become human against all odds.

Visual Concept
The city of Krat was insipired by the Belle Époque Era in Europe (late 19th Century to the early 20th Century) and is the epitome of a collapsed city bereft of prosperity.

'Lying' Quests and Multiple Endings
Experience interconnected procedural quests that play out depending on how you lie. These choices will then affect how the story ends.

Weapon-Making System
You can combine weapons in a multitude of ways to create something new altogether. Research to find the best combinations and make something truly special.

Special Skill System
With Pinocchio being a doll, you can change parts of his body to gain new skills and hopefully an edge in battle. But not all of the enhancements are for fighting though, they can also provide several other unique and useful features.

Want to see more? Check out these other latest videos from Gamescom 2022:

Figured I'd make a thread for this since a few of us were interested in this in the Gamescom 2022 thread. I haven't seen anything but the Gamescom 2022 trailer so I have a lot of videos to catch up on, but just from that trailer alone I like what I see so far. Definitely one of the most unique takes on Pinocchio out of all the various projects related to it coming out of Geppetto's workshop lately. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

You wake up at an abandoned train station in Krat, a city overwhelmed by madness and bloodlust. In front of you lies a single note that reads:

"Find Mr. Geppetto. He's here in the city."

Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don't expect any help along the way and don't make the mistake of trusting anyone.

You must always lie to others if you hope to become human.

Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action souls-like game set in a cruel, dark Belle Époque world.
All of humanity is lost in a once beautiful city that has now become a living hell filled with unspeakable horrors.
Lies of P offers an elegant world filled with tension, a deep combat system and a gripping story.
Guide Pinocchio and experience his unrelenting journey to become human.

A Dark Fairytale Retold
The timeless tale of Pinocchio has been reimagined with dark and striking visuals.Set in the fallen city of Krat, Pinnochio desperately fights to become human against all odds.

Visual Concept
The city of Krat was insipired by the Belle Époque Era in Europe (late 19th Century to the early 20th Century) and is the epitome of a collapsed city bereft of prosperity.

'Lying' Quests and Multiple Endings
Experience interconnected procedural quests that play out depending on how you lie. These choices will then affect how the story ends.

Weapon-Making System
You can combine weapons in a multitude of ways to create something new altogether. Research to find the best combinations and make something truly special.

Special Skill System
With Pinocchio being a doll, you can change parts of his body to gain new skills and hopefully an edge in battle. But not all of the enhancements are for fighting though, they can also provide several other unique and useful features.

Want to see more? Check out these other latest videos from Gamescom 2022:

Figured I'd make a thread for this since a few of us were interested in this in the Gamescom 2022 thread. I haven't seen anything but the Gamescom 2022 trailer so I have a lot of videos to catch up on, but just from that trailer alone I like what I see so far. Definitely one of the most unique takes on Pinocchio out of all the various projects related to it coming out of Geppetto's workshop lately. Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P - IGN Fan Fest 2023 Gameplay Trailer
It's been a while since we saw anything of this game, but a new trailer just dropped at IGN Fan Fest 2023, showing off more gameplay, the world, and its inhabitants you'll fight against.

Man I forgot how promising this game looks. I really like the way it approaches handling Jiminy Cricket and the boss designs look absolutely sick! I really hope this one turns out good because I'm really into the aesthetic it has. Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P - IGN Fan Fest 2023 Gameplay Trailer
It's been a while since we saw anything of this game, but a new trailer just dropped at IGN Fan Fest 2023, showing off more gameplay, the world, and its inhabitants you'll fight against.

Man I forgot how promising this game looks. I really like the way it approaches handling Jiminy Cricket and the boss designs look absolutely sick! I really hope this one turns out good because I'm really into the aesthetic it has. Grin
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, Pinocchio, but Soulsbourne. We're really making anything we can think of, aren't we? Well, credit to them, I wouldn't have gotten such inspiration from that story. Maybe we'll get the next American Mcgee's Alice.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, Pinocchio, but Soulsbourne. We're really making anything we can think of, aren't we? Well, credit to them, I wouldn't have gotten such inspiration from that story. Maybe we'll get the next American Mcgee's Alice.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Game still looking damn good, and if can turn out to be even a small fraction as good as Bloodborne was, then this game is going to be an absolute treat.

Of course that's going to be the main thing with this game, is it actually going to be good on its own or did they just make it look to feel like Bloodborne to lure people into the trap? Hopefully the former, because with Sony's lack of making a Bloodborne 2 or even a Bloodborne Remaster/Remake, we need something like this to end up amazing.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Game still looking damn good, and if can turn out to be even a small fraction as good as Bloodborne was, then this game is going to be an absolute treat.

Of course that's going to be the main thing with this game, is it actually going to be good on its own or did they just make it look to feel like Bloodborne to lure people into the trap? Hopefully the former, because with Sony's lack of making a Bloodborne 2 or even a Bloodborne Remaster/Remake, we need something like this to end up amazing.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah this still looks super solid. Loving the juxtaposition of the steampunk style with the unnerving, eldritch horror style patched in between.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah this still looks super solid. Loving the juxtaposition of the steampunk style with the unnerving, eldritch horror style patched in between.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2023, 03:25 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Taking a quick look at their games on Steam they seem to make stuff that generally gets well received, but it also seems nothing in their library is a full 3D title like this one will be so a big hurdle for them might be translating what they've learned in 2D sprite-based games into a 3D style.

@Maniakkid25: I saw Steam tell me you owned a couple of games published by Neowiz, such as 8Doors and Metal Unit. Have you played any of either of those games yet?

Also, I forgot to post this at the time it came out but the most recent trailer confirmed Lies of P will release in August 2023:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2023, 03:25 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Taking a quick look at their games on Steam they seem to make stuff that generally gets well received, but it also seems nothing in their library is a full 3D title like this one will be so a big hurdle for them might be translating what they've learned in 2D sprite-based games into a 3D style.

@Maniakkid25: I saw Steam tell me you owned a couple of games published by Neowiz, such as 8Doors and Metal Unit. Have you played any of either of those games yet?

Also, I forgot to post this at the time it came out but the most recent trailer confirmed Lies of P will release in August 2023:

Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have not; I'll be honest, because of Humble Bundle Choice, I have so many games that I haven't even touched yet, I don't even know what's in my library right now lol.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I have not; I'll be honest, because of Humble Bundle Choice, I have so many games that I haven't even touched yet, I don't even know what's in my library right now lol.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 1st, 2023, 10:04 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. I had a feeling you had got them through some sort of bundle since it didn't tell me you had any play time in either of those games, but wanted to check just in case I was mistaken. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 1st, 2023, 10:04 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. I had a feeling you had got them through some sort of bundle since it didn't tell me you had any play time in either of those games, but wanted to check just in case I was mistaken. Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | 11 Minutes of New Gameplay
New gameplay footage of Lies of P has been released during GDC 2023:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | 11 Minutes of New Gameplay
New gameplay footage of Lies of P has been released during GDC 2023:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | Release Date Announced + Demo Available Now
During today's Summer Game Fest presentation a new trailer for Lies of P has revealed the game will release on September 19, 2023.

If you want to get a taste of the game first-hand, a demo is available right now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | Release Date Announced + Demo Available Now
During today's Summer Game Fest presentation a new trailer for Lies of P has revealed the game will release on September 19, 2023.

If you want to get a taste of the game first-hand, a demo is available right now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
For some reason I didn't expect or remember it was coming to previous gen consoles.

Anyway from what I saw of the demo, the game looks pretty damn nice. I love the fluidity of the character movement.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
For some reason I didn't expect or remember it was coming to previous gen consoles.

Anyway from what I saw of the demo, the game looks pretty damn nice. I love the fluidity of the character movement.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Downloaded the demo a couple of hours ago and put in exactly two hours of playtime into it so far. This demo is incredibly meaty and I'm super appreciative that the devs put what will probably be about 3-5 hours of content into it; it really helps get into all the mechanics with experimentation and learn how the game works.

So far, it feels really really good to play. It blatantly takes a lot from various FromSoft games but I don't see a need to try changing up something that isn't broken too drastically, plus it has a decent number of original ideas going on too so it's not like the whole thing feels like it copied other people's homework.

A word of advice though; turn down the camera sensitivity to like 4 or even 3 because the default 5 is way too high I think. Also, don't get misled like I did and think leveling up is done at every Stargazer (this games version of the campfire); when you reach the NPC called Sophia leveling up changes to be done exclusively through her. I didn't know that because I didn't talk to her enough times to reach that option and was very confused why I suddenly couldn't level up at Stargazers anymore. It's really the only thing the game didn't make clear that I think it really should have.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Downloaded the demo a couple of hours ago and put in exactly two hours of playtime into it so far. This demo is incredibly meaty and I'm super appreciative that the devs put what will probably be about 3-5 hours of content into it; it really helps get into all the mechanics with experimentation and learn how the game works.

So far, it feels really really good to play. It blatantly takes a lot from various FromSoft games but I don't see a need to try changing up something that isn't broken too drastically, plus it has a decent number of original ideas going on too so it's not like the whole thing feels like it copied other people's homework.

A word of advice though; turn down the camera sensitivity to like 4 or even 3 because the default 5 is way too high I think. Also, don't get misled like I did and think leveling up is done at every Stargazer (this games version of the campfire); when you reach the NPC called Sophia leveling up changes to be done exclusively through her. I didn't know that because I didn't talk to her enough times to reach that option and was very confused why I suddenly couldn't level up at Stargazers anymore. It's really the only thing the game didn't make clear that I think it really should have.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'll have to try to remember to download this tonight to try it out, though I have a lot of end of the week stuff to do in my gachas, so I might end up forgetting.

The only real negative I've heard people talk about so far is that dodging feels pretty bad until you get upgrades for it. Other than that it thankfully sounds like they didn't just copy Bloodborne as much as possible, and while it definitely feels like it has a lot of inspiration from that game, it also stands on its own legs.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'll have to try to remember to download this tonight to try it out, though I have a lot of end of the week stuff to do in my gachas, so I might end up forgetting.

The only real negative I've heard people talk about so far is that dodging feels pretty bad until you get upgrades for it. Other than that it thankfully sounds like they didn't just copy Bloodborne as much as possible, and while it definitely feels like it has a lot of inspiration from that game, it also stands on its own legs.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't obtained anything that affects my dodge yet, but I didn't find it to be bad so far. The game makes a point about perfect blocking by having chip damage occur if you block at the wrong time and any time the dodge didn't feel like it would be enough to avoid an attack I just got the impression that was the game trying to encourage blocking certain attacks rather than just dodging all the time. I plan to play some more of the demo today so maybe I'll better notice some differences in the dodge once I find an upgrade for it that lets me form a comparison.

One really nice thing the game does that's unique is when you run out of healing potions, you don't have to go without until resting. Attacking enemies will fill a bar that when full gives you back a single heal potion, so you can always work your way back to having at least one healing potion on your person. I like it because of the risk that taking damage means you might end up having to pop the potion as soon as you get it, or you might even just die if your health is low when trying to fill that meter and you don't avoid damage. Different weapons also refill the meter at different rates so that's another factor about the weapons you can take into consideration along with all the other differences weapons have between each other. Right now my go-to has been to switch to a weapon with high stats on refilling the health potion meter when I'm out of heals and then using my other weapon with higher damage when I don't need to worry about that meter.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't obtained anything that affects my dodge yet, but I didn't find it to be bad so far. The game makes a point about perfect blocking by having chip damage occur if you block at the wrong time and any time the dodge didn't feel like it would be enough to avoid an attack I just got the impression that was the game trying to encourage blocking certain attacks rather than just dodging all the time. I plan to play some more of the demo today so maybe I'll better notice some differences in the dodge once I find an upgrade for it that lets me form a comparison.

One really nice thing the game does that's unique is when you run out of healing potions, you don't have to go without until resting. Attacking enemies will fill a bar that when full gives you back a single heal potion, so you can always work your way back to having at least one healing potion on your person. I like it because of the risk that taking damage means you might end up having to pop the potion as soon as you get it, or you might even just die if your health is low when trying to fill that meter and you don't avoid damage. Different weapons also refill the meter at different rates so that's another factor about the weapons you can take into consideration along with all the other differences weapons have between each other. Right now my go-to has been to switch to a weapon with high stats on refilling the health potion meter when I'm out of heals and then using my other weapon with higher damage when I don't need to worry about that meter.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | Director Demo Q&A
Jiwon Choi, the director for Lies of P, takes the hot seat to respond to various questions and concerns that were raised by players from their experiences with the recent demo release. Among those addressed were questions about the levelling up system only being available at Hotel Krat, enhancing readability for user-friendliness and accessibility, and the widely criticized dodge mechanic:

For those who want to quickly digest anything via text form I decided to transcribe the critical parts of the answers given to the questions:

Q: There were a lot of feedback regarding the dodges. What are your thoughts on this?
A: In Lies of P, dodging and guarding are one of the most crucial elements, alongside the P-Organ. Given the inherent intricacies of the game's structure, it is imperative to handle these elements meticulously with great care. We are currently undergoing a comprehensive evaluation on the various aspects of the dodging system, including the invincibility frames, distance mechanics, and more.

Q: Do you have any plans for additional improvements to the combat system?
A: We are diligently conducting an evaluation of various facets within the combat system. First of all, we are fully committed to improving the combat experience. We are finalizing refinements in character movements, lock-on mechanics, camera controls, and other crucial elements to provide players with an exceptional combat experience. Furthermore, we are devoted to perfecting the sensation of impactful hits in Lies of P. This entails meticulous refinements of sound effects and animations, ensuring that each strike elicits a gratifying sense of satisfaction for players. We are also working on making monsters' off-beat attack patterns and movements more intuitive so that players can better predict them and respond to them accordingly.

Q: How do you plan to enhance readability to make a more user-friendly game?
A: We are continuously refining tutorials and guides to ensure that players can fully enjoy the captivating storytelling, events, and systems within Lies of P. We are also aware that there are many players new to the souls-like genre, and we hope they feel included in the fun as well. I want them to realize it is not as daunting as it may seem if they take small steps at a time. Our aspiration is to make Lies of P more inclusive for players to embrace the souls-like genre and find joy in playing it.

Q: Do you have any further optimization plans?
A: Our quest for perfection remains unyielding as we diligently scrutinize every aspect that may further elevate the gaming experience. In the final game, there will be better refined graphics and an improved optimized environment. The loading time in between scenes has also been significantly reduced [compared to that seen in the demo].

Q: Many players have addressed their opinions on having to level up at Hotel Krat. Is this system intentional?
A: We have received quite a number of feedback expressing the inconvenience of not being able to level up at a Stargazer. But allow me to explain why this system is both deliberate and significant. The demo truthfully shows almost nothing in terms of story, compared to the vast amount of content that lies ahead in the full game. Hotel Krat serves as a central and pivotal location in Lies of P. The distinct placement of Hotel Krat within the Stargazer menu is fully intentional in that sense. Within Hotel Krat, a multitude of events and stories will unfold. And the stories to be told by Sophia hold great significance. In order to seamlessly integrate these narratives into the game, we decided on this specific structure. That said, it is not easy to simply relocate or reposition the leveling-up location. [This is why we worked on further improving load times.] While it may feel initially inconvenient, I firmly believe that as players immerse more into the world of Lies of P, they will naturally find themselves drawn more and more to the Hotel. We just have so many secrets hidden in Hotel Krat, and it's almost painful that I can't share them at this moment.

I have to go to my blood test now so I'll finish the transcript when I get back.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | Director Demo Q&A
Jiwon Choi, the director for Lies of P, takes the hot seat to respond to various questions and concerns that were raised by players from their experiences with the recent demo release. Among those addressed were questions about the levelling up system only being available at Hotel Krat, enhancing readability for user-friendliness and accessibility, and the widely criticized dodge mechanic:

For those who want to quickly digest anything via text form I decided to transcribe the critical parts of the answers given to the questions:

Q: There were a lot of feedback regarding the dodges. What are your thoughts on this?
A: In Lies of P, dodging and guarding are one of the most crucial elements, alongside the P-Organ. Given the inherent intricacies of the game's structure, it is imperative to handle these elements meticulously with great care. We are currently undergoing a comprehensive evaluation on the various aspects of the dodging system, including the invincibility frames, distance mechanics, and more.

Q: Do you have any plans for additional improvements to the combat system?
A: We are diligently conducting an evaluation of various facets within the combat system. First of all, we are fully committed to improving the combat experience. We are finalizing refinements in character movements, lock-on mechanics, camera controls, and other crucial elements to provide players with an exceptional combat experience. Furthermore, we are devoted to perfecting the sensation of impactful hits in Lies of P. This entails meticulous refinements of sound effects and animations, ensuring that each strike elicits a gratifying sense of satisfaction for players. We are also working on making monsters' off-beat attack patterns and movements more intuitive so that players can better predict them and respond to them accordingly.

Q: How do you plan to enhance readability to make a more user-friendly game?
A: We are continuously refining tutorials and guides to ensure that players can fully enjoy the captivating storytelling, events, and systems within Lies of P. We are also aware that there are many players new to the souls-like genre, and we hope they feel included in the fun as well. I want them to realize it is not as daunting as it may seem if they take small steps at a time. Our aspiration is to make Lies of P more inclusive for players to embrace the souls-like genre and find joy in playing it.

Q: Do you have any further optimization plans?
A: Our quest for perfection remains unyielding as we diligently scrutinize every aspect that may further elevate the gaming experience. In the final game, there will be better refined graphics and an improved optimized environment. The loading time in between scenes has also been significantly reduced [compared to that seen in the demo].

Q: Many players have addressed their opinions on having to level up at Hotel Krat. Is this system intentional?
A: We have received quite a number of feedback expressing the inconvenience of not being able to level up at a Stargazer. But allow me to explain why this system is both deliberate and significant. The demo truthfully shows almost nothing in terms of story, compared to the vast amount of content that lies ahead in the full game. Hotel Krat serves as a central and pivotal location in Lies of P. The distinct placement of Hotel Krat within the Stargazer menu is fully intentional in that sense. Within Hotel Krat, a multitude of events and stories will unfold. And the stories to be told by Sophia hold great significance. In order to seamlessly integrate these narratives into the game, we decided on this specific structure. That said, it is not easy to simply relocate or reposition the leveling-up location. [This is why we worked on further improving load times.] While it may feel initially inconvenient, I firmly believe that as players immerse more into the world of Lies of P, they will naturally find themselves drawn more and more to the Hotel. We just have so many secrets hidden in Hotel Krat, and it's almost painful that I can't share them at this moment.

I have to go to my blood test now so I'll finish the transcript when I get back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stellar Blade | NG+ Patch Details Moonface 45 4,346 Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface