Staying out of trouble
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Why don't you do bad things? Why do you avoid breaking serious laws?

Is it because you were raised that way? Have ethics and morals? Don't want to deal with the consequences? Why do you behave yourself? What is the motivation to be a good guy/gal?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Why don't you do bad things? Why do you avoid breaking serious laws?

Is it because you were raised that way? Have ethics and morals? Don't want to deal with the consequences? Why do you behave yourself? What is the motivation to be a good guy/gal?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For me, it's a mixture of things:
  • Consequences
  • How I was raised
  • Being conscientious of others (also the biggest motivation to not be a dick either)
  • Personal morals
I could get no consequences or hurt someone else for doing something bad and I'd still be unlikely to do it because I would feel guilty about it even if I was the only one who knows it happened.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For me, it's a mixture of things:
  • Consequences
  • How I was raised
  • Being conscientious of others (also the biggest motivation to not be a dick either)
  • Personal morals
I could get no consequences or hurt someone else for doing something bad and I'd still be unlikely to do it because I would feel guilty about it even if I was the only one who knows it happened.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, I don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder, for one. Having a functioning frontal cortex that can make reasonable decisions and regulate my emotions and behaviors. Shrug

I went neurological on this topic and I don't regret it  Sweat
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, I don't have Antisocial Personality Disorder, for one. Having a functioning frontal cortex that can make reasonable decisions and regulate my emotions and behaviors. Shrug

I went neurological on this topic and I don't regret it  Sweat
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well, pretty much the same as Moony. Just don't want any trouble and would rather live getting by simply without being a direct bother for someone else.

The only way I could think of myself doing something inherently bad is if something occurs right in front of me like witness an act of/potential violence either upon someone else or a threat to myself but that would be self-defence. Then again I can only say that and when the time comes I could turn out to freeze up or unable to act. Don't want to ever be in that situation from the start, but anything could happen when you least expect it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well, pretty much the same as Moony. Just don't want any trouble and would rather live getting by simply without being a direct bother for someone else.

The only way I could think of myself doing something inherently bad is if something occurs right in front of me like witness an act of/potential violence either upon someone else or a threat to myself but that would be self-defence. Then again I can only say that and when the time comes I could turn out to freeze up or unable to act. Don't want to ever be in that situation from the start, but anything could happen when you least expect it.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Where I work they do continuous background checks on all of us (they get a report every quarter) so thats one reason for me to be a good boy. Even if they didn't do that I would still keep my nose clean. Its not in my nature to be a bad boy.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Where I work they do continuous background checks on all of us (they get a report every quarter) so thats one reason for me to be a good boy. Even if they didn't do that I would still keep my nose clean. Its not in my nature to be a bad boy.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 14th, 2022, 09:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Says the person who got detention for swinging on their chair after the teacher told them not to and also kept tearing flyers off the corridor doors which I'm sure the school was really happy about. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 14th, 2022, 09:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Says the person who got detention for swinging on their chair after the teacher told them not to and also kept tearing flyers off the corridor doors which I'm sure the school was really happy about. Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha yeah, I'll just coin that to being my rebellious streak going on there even if those were very minor. Including jump kicking doors open when no teachers were around. ROFL Although I still have the inkling to the latter because I used to do it but choose not to in case I destroy a door. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha yeah, I'll just coin that to being my rebellious streak going on there even if those were very minor. Including jump kicking doors open when no teachers were around. ROFL Although I still have the inkling to the latter because I used to do it but choose not to in case I destroy a door. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 4th, 2022, 01:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That and I think everyone below like 16 just doesn't really grasp empathy fully. To a teenager or a kid doing stupid stuff just sounds fun and harmless but then as you get older you realize that something as simple as tearing a flyer off a door is being a nuisance for stupid reasons that someone else has to deal with.

It all gets chalked down to lack of maturity due to growing up still, except I'd say now it's probably way worse because of social media (especially TikTok) encouraging such stupid shit for clout.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 4th, 2022, 01:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
That and I think everyone below like 16 just doesn't really grasp empathy fully. To a teenager or a kid doing stupid stuff just sounds fun and harmless but then as you get older you realize that something as simple as tearing a flyer off a door is being a nuisance for stupid reasons that someone else has to deal with.

It all gets chalked down to lack of maturity due to growing up still, except I'd say now it's probably way worse because of social media (especially TikTok) encouraging such stupid shit for clout.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I just don't find the need to do anything that is considered "bad, wrong or against the law". Their is rules in place for a reason and I tend not to go outside those guidelines if I indeed know what they are.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I just don't find the need to do anything that is considered "bad, wrong or against the law". Their is rules in place for a reason and I tend not to go outside those guidelines if I indeed know what they are.