Share your FPS stories
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
What are some of your funniest, craziest, or most amazing memories of playing FPS games online? I’d love to hear some detailed stories.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
What are some of your funniest, craziest, or most amazing memories of playing FPS games online? I’d love to hear some detailed stories.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't typically play FPS games, but I started branching out a bit within the past 10 years or so, so my stories are more indicative of a modern FPS player than a past one ROFL

This one was relatively recent: I was invited to play in a tournament with teams of mixed brand new players and experienced players in Valorant, a game I had never played before. Being as inexperienced with FPS as I am, it wasn't a surprise I didn't play as amazingly as the others. So when it came down to just me left on my team during a particular round, it came as a shock that I was able to turn it around by wiping out the entire opposing team! Unfortunately by the time I had begun planting the spike, someone had respawned and sniped me, missing our chance to win that round. But it was very exhilarating to have that moment of absolute power Wow
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't typically play FPS games, but I started branching out a bit within the past 10 years or so, so my stories are more indicative of a modern FPS player than a past one ROFL

This one was relatively recent: I was invited to play in a tournament with teams of mixed brand new players and experienced players in Valorant, a game I had never played before. Being as inexperienced with FPS as I am, it wasn't a surprise I didn't play as amazingly as the others. So when it came down to just me left on my team during a particular round, it came as a shock that I was able to turn it around by wiping out the entire opposing team! Unfortunately by the time I had begun planting the spike, someone had respawned and sniped me, missing our chance to win that round. But it was very exhilarating to have that moment of absolute power Wow
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know I have more than just this one, but the first that came to mind for me was a time in CS:GO where I solo'd a round against an entire enemy team who had killed everyone else on my team. The only reason I was still alive was because I didn't bum rush the point, and after seeing I was the last left started to play very conservatively. For anyone who hasn't played CS:GO, that game is toxic as fuck so my team mates were kicking off in chat that I wasn't just going Rambo and even started a kick vote. I also had never been in a 5v1 so I had no idea if I could even pull it off, but because I chose my moments to take people out when I felt safe from being swarmed by the rest of their team, I managed to just barely clutch it. My team looked silly and cancelled the kick, and better yet this round would've lost us the game if I hadn't won it. Always sticks with me seeing a bunch of try hards get proven wrong. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know I have more than just this one, but the first that came to mind for me was a time in CS:GO where I solo'd a round against an entire enemy team who had killed everyone else on my team. The only reason I was still alive was because I didn't bum rush the point, and after seeing I was the last left started to play very conservatively. For anyone who hasn't played CS:GO, that game is toxic as fuck so my team mates were kicking off in chat that I wasn't just going Rambo and even started a kick vote. I also had never been in a 5v1 so I had no idea if I could even pull it off, but because I chose my moments to take people out when I felt safe from being swarmed by the rest of their team, I managed to just barely clutch it. My team looked silly and cancelled the kick, and better yet this round would've lost us the game if I hadn't won it. Always sticks with me seeing a bunch of try hards get proven wrong. XD
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
@ShiraNoMai That’s an amazing story; congrats on managing to do so well when all the pressure was on you! @Moonface Good job keeping your cool!

For me, my best FPS memory is still of the first time in my childhood I actually got the hang of FPS at all while playing CTF in Quake III Arena (those were the days).
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
@ShiraNoMai That’s an amazing story; congrats on managing to do so well when all the pressure was on you! @Moonface Good job keeping your cool!

For me, my best FPS memory is still of the first time in my childhood I actually got the hang of FPS at all while playing CTF in Quake III Arena (those were the days).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm not particularly fond of FPS games so I haven't bothered playing online if my game had that mode, so I don't really have a story to tell.  Doh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm not particularly fond of FPS games so I haven't bothered playing online if my game had that mode, so I don't really have a story to tell.  Doh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 5 156 Apr 1st, 2024, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Favourite Game Development Stories? Moonface 0 192 Dec 9th, 2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Game Stories Have You Got Invested In? Karo 12 4,001 Aug 12th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface