Latest "Notable" Purchase
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We already have a thread for Lastest Gaming Purchase and so this thread is for everything else we've purchased.

However; this thread is not for literally anything you've bought. No one is going to care you just bought a Coke or grabbed some groceries, hence the word "notable" in the title. The word is in quotation marks to help signify this thread should be for purchases that are not your typical every day type of things. For example, maybe you've just bought some non-gaming merchandise (i.e. trading cards), tickets to an event/flight, furniture, holiday decorations, that sort of thing.

If you're still not sure, I do not mind if you want to ask if something is okay. Also, if you aren't sure but want to just make the post, you may do so as long as nobody starts making repeated posts that don't really qualify, but I don't think we'll get to that point. Smile

Anyway, I don't really have anything super notable to share right now as I only just went out and bought some random art supplies, and I can't remember anything before that I bought that was notable and not gaming related, so hopefully someone else has something better to share than what I do. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We already have a thread for Lastest Gaming Purchase and so this thread is for everything else we've purchased.

However; this thread is not for literally anything you've bought. No one is going to care you just bought a Coke or grabbed some groceries, hence the word "notable" in the title. The word is in quotation marks to help signify this thread should be for purchases that are not your typical every day type of things. For example, maybe you've just bought some non-gaming merchandise (i.e. trading cards), tickets to an event/flight, furniture, holiday decorations, that sort of thing.

If you're still not sure, I do not mind if you want to ask if something is okay. Also, if you aren't sure but want to just make the post, you may do so as long as nobody starts making repeated posts that don't really qualify, but I don't think we'll get to that point. Smile

Anyway, I don't really have anything super notable to share right now as I only just went out and bought some random art supplies, and I can't remember anything before that I bought that was notable and not gaming related, so hopefully someone else has something better to share than what I do. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The most recent thing I bought for myself which was like a month or so ago was two Epica albums, Live At Paradiso and We Still Take You With Us, Epica The Early Years, latter being 4 albums in one. I already own one of those however but wanted the rest and was a good chance to pick them up.
...I have yet to listen to those though. Just like the other music related purchase before them, Kamelot's I Am The Empire live show/album double pack.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The most recent thing I bought for myself which was like a month or so ago was two Epica albums, Live At Paradiso and We Still Take You With Us, Epica The Early Years, latter being 4 albums in one. I already own one of those however but wanted the rest and was a good chance to pick them up.
...I have yet to listen to those though. Just like the other music related purchase before them, Kamelot's I Am The Empire live show/album double pack.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Recently got myself some new cross-trainers for the gym. They're super lightweight and comfy. I have some Mizuno's I bought like 6 months ago that were great for when I was doing treadmill stuff, but I transitioned to biking over treadmill for my cardio portions, so their purpose was kind of moot. The recent Amazon Prime sales allowed me to get them at a 50% discount so I was happy to get them finally Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Recently got myself some new cross-trainers for the gym. They're super lightweight and comfy. I have some Mizuno's I bought like 6 months ago that were great for when I was doing treadmill stuff, but I transitioned to biking over treadmill for my cardio portions, so their purpose was kind of moot. The recent Amazon Prime sales allowed me to get them at a 50% discount so I was happy to get them finally Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just got the joy of spending $708.96 to have my car serviced, which I got to wait for at the shop for three hours because I had nowhere else I could go and also didn't think it would take that long. Definitely needed it though because it was overdue for a service anyway and all four tires needed replacing as they were bald, and the back right one had a gash in it which was extremely dangerous to drive with. Suffer

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just got the joy of spending $708.96 to have my car serviced, which I got to wait for at the shop for three hours because I had nowhere else I could go and also didn't think it would take that long. Definitely needed it though because it was overdue for a service anyway and all four tires needed replacing as they were bald, and the back right one had a gash in it which was extremely dangerous to drive with. Suffer
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That is rather unfortunate cuz we totally could've used that money to buy a base-level iPad Pro with the new M2 chip for ourselves Nooo

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That is rather unfortunate cuz we totally could've used that money to buy a base-level iPad Pro with the new M2 chip for ourselves Nooo

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 19th, 2022, 05:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If you're pitching this as an upgrade to our existing iPad that I used for my digital painting project, I'd only care if this uses normal Photoshop with all the features instead of the barebones mobile version of it. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 19th, 2022, 05:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If you're pitching this as an upgrade to our existing iPad that I used for my digital painting project, I'd only care if this uses normal Photoshop with all the features instead of the barebones mobile version of it. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
No, not an upgrade. If you forget, that's not "my" iPad, per se, it's my office's. Having my own would be much preferred if I decide to... you know. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
No, not an upgrade. If you forget, that's not "my" iPad, per se, it's my office's. Having my own would be much preferred if I decide to... you know. Tongue
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
My last notable purchase was a brand new pair of Nike basketball shoes. I've been long overdue. I play 3-5 times per week so these shoes wear quickly and I get new ones every 5-6 months.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
My last notable purchase was a brand new pair of Nike basketball shoes. I've been long overdue. I play 3-5 times per week so these shoes wear quickly and I get new ones every 5-6 months.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm assuming basketball shoes for basketball, right? Nice. You play with friends, or in a group/team?

Bought a whole bunch of Christmas/Birthday gifts recently. Got myself a few things as well while they were available/on-deal, notably the 2nd Volume of "The Devil is a Part-Timer" light novel. Trying to read more light novels for my "disconnecting" activities.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm assuming basketball shoes for basketball, right? Nice. You play with friends, or in a group/team?

Bought a whole bunch of Christmas/Birthday gifts recently. Got myself a few things as well while they were available/on-deal, notably the 2nd Volume of "The Devil is a Part-Timer" light novel. Trying to read more light novels for my "disconnecting" activities.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
I play with friends and in competitive intramural leagues. I've been playing for about 15 years. I really enjoy the sport.

And wow, I guess it is time to start thinking about Christmas shopping. Thanks for the inspiration.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
I play with friends and in competitive intramural leagues. I've been playing for about 15 years. I really enjoy the sport.

And wow, I guess it is time to start thinking about Christmas shopping. Thanks for the inspiration.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Bought the album I mentioned in Currently/Last Listened To topic which was Heartwind's Strangers as well as Dynazty's Final Advent as I had been meaning to buy that. Waiting on the physical CD of Heartwind though, but got the mp3 rip that comes with the purchase.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Bought the album I mentioned in Currently/Last Listened To topic which was Heartwind's Strangers as well as Dynazty's Final Advent as I had been meaning to buy that. Waiting on the physical CD of Heartwind though, but got the mp3 rip that comes with the purchase.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
LG 55" Class 4K UHD OLED Web OS Smart TV with Dolby Vision C2 Series

We got our end of the year bonus checks this past week, and I did what I said I was going to do and got myself a nice new TV with it. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy one right away, but then I saw Walmart had this for $200 off, plus Affirm was having a special promotion on it for 0% interest. So I pay like $120 a month for 12 months with no interest. Was too nice of a chance to pass up on getting myself an amazing TV to play games on.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

We got our end of the year bonus checks this past week, and I did what I said I was going to do and got myself a nice new TV with it. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy one right away, but then I saw Walmart had this for $200 off, plus Affirm was having a special promotion on it for 0% interest. So I pay like $120 a month for 12 months with no interest. Was too nice of a chance to pass up on getting myself an amazing TV to play games on.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
At the end of last month I finally purchased the Xbox Series S.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 10th, 2022, 07:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Nice! You got anything that runs at 4K to get the most out of the TV yet or no?

(Dec 10th, 2022, 11:02 PM)BigUltraXCI Wrote:
Did you get any games with it too, or are you planning to play most games you want through Game Pass? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 10th, 2022, 07:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Nice! You got anything that runs at 4K to get the most out of the TV yet or no?

(Dec 10th, 2022, 11:02 PM)BigUltraXCI Wrote:
Did you get any games with it too, or are you planning to play most games you want through Game Pass? Smile
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have no idea, haha. I'm sure I have a few games that are capable of running at 4K, though I'd have to look. As I mentioned in the gaming purchases topic, I did order the PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima, so maybe that's one? I hope so, I bet that game would be breathtaking in 4K on an OLED TV.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have no idea, haha. I'm sure I have a few games that are capable of running at 4K, though I'd have to look. As I mentioned in the gaming purchases topic, I did order the PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima, so maybe that's one? I hope so, I bet that game would be breathtaking in 4K on an OLED TV.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer Moonface 228 46,277 Mar 18th, 2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface