Miniclip Has Shut Down Their Web Game Servers...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Source: https://www.talkesport.com/news/gaming/m...nd-agario/

I thought at first Miniclip as a whole was basically going away barring 8 Ball Pool and Agario, but it turns out they've shut down the servers for their web-based games and are shifting focus entirely to their mobile gaming ventures, which have been successful for them as the death of Flash gradually killed off what I expect a lot if not all of us grew up with.

While we have a thread for Flash game memories, I wanted to make a new thread given how notable Miniclip was in the height of the Flash game period. Did anyone else here ever use Miniclip at any point? If so, what memories or stories do you have to tell from it?

I adored this place back when Flash games were all the rage. My school would even unblock the website on Sponsor Day for us to play games on there if that was one of the activities we chose to do for that day, and it was always one of the most popular choices for that day. I'm trying to find a list of all the games they had that were exclusive to them so I can see what ones I played a lot of, but if anyone finds one please share it. Smile
I hope the games they had were at least preserved by one of those Flash game preservation groups that are out there. I understand that hosting all that stuff is costing more money than it brings in but it would at least be nice to have the ability to play some of the games offline.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Source: https://www.talkesport.com/news/gaming/m...nd-agario/

I thought at first Miniclip as a whole was basically going away barring 8 Ball Pool and Agario, but it turns out they've shut down the servers for their web-based games and are shifting focus entirely to their mobile gaming ventures, which have been successful for them as the death of Flash gradually killed off what I expect a lot if not all of us grew up with.

While we have a thread for Flash game memories, I wanted to make a new thread given how notable Miniclip was in the height of the Flash game period. Did anyone else here ever use Miniclip at any point? If so, what memories or stories do you have to tell from it?

I adored this place back when Flash games were all the rage. My school would even unblock the website on Sponsor Day for us to play games on there if that was one of the activities we chose to do for that day, and it was always one of the most popular choices for that day. I'm trying to find a list of all the games they had that were exclusive to them so I can see what ones I played a lot of, but if anyone finds one please share it. Smile
I hope the games they had were at least preserved by one of those Flash game preservation groups that are out there. I understand that hosting all that stuff is costing more money than it brings in but it would at least be nice to have the ability to play some of the games offline.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
A shame, end of an era. Between this, addictinggames.com and... another one I suddenly can't remember, these were probably one of my first bookmarks I learned how to use.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
A shame, end of an era. Between this, addictinggames.com and... another one I suddenly can't remember, these were probably one of my first bookmarks I learned how to use.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 22nd, 2022, 04:18 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Possibly ArmorGames? I know they were a notable name attached to a lot of the games of that time around this site and Newgrounds, but a quick check shows they're still going. Candystand was another I used back in the day which had a lot of games with brands used in them and was the first way I leaned what Life Savers are, but if it's not that either I can't think of anything right now. Doh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 22nd, 2022, 04:18 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Possibly ArmorGames? I know they were a notable name attached to a lot of the games of that time around this site and Newgrounds, but a quick check shows they're still going. Candystand was another I used back in the day which had a lot of games with brands used in them and was the first way I leaned what Life Savers are, but if it's not that either I can't think of anything right now. Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, MiniClip. Sadge servers are going down but then again I haven't played anything from there in so long, I don't care much. As I went to the same school as Moony, yeah the day(s) we were allowed on there were great. Just spend the whole time on there. XD

Annoying I can't find any games that remotely look like anything I might've played when searching for MiniClip, and don't remember any of the game titles so no chance finding any that way.

I'm also trying to remember a game where you create an almost infinite line and then you have some guy follow it but don't think that was MiniClip.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, MiniClip. Sadge servers are going down but then again I haven't played anything from there in so long, I don't care much. As I went to the same school as Moony, yeah the day(s) we were allowed on there were great. Just spend the whole time on there. XD

Annoying I can't find any games that remotely look like anything I might've played when searching for MiniClip, and don't remember any of the game titles so no chance finding any that way.

I'm also trying to remember a game where you create an almost infinite line and then you have some guy follow it but don't think that was MiniClip.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Pretty sad... granted, I hadn't played any Miniclip games for years, but I always used to enjoy them back in the mid-2000s, whenever I had a few minutes of time to kill.

A sign of the times, I guess - but it is the end of an era.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Pretty sad... granted, I hadn't played any Miniclip games for years, but I always used to enjoy them back in the mid-2000s, whenever I had a few minutes of time to kill.

A sign of the times, I guess - but it is the end of an era.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah definitely end of an era for sure. That type of game is definitely a relic of the past, and has evolved into what we know now as mobile gaming, for better or for worse.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah definitely end of an era for sure. That type of game is definitely a relic of the past, and has evolved into what we know now as mobile gaming, for better or for worse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 805 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,941 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface