Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | Game Informer Cover Story News
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition | Summon Night 6: Lost Borders | Star Ocean: Anamnesis | Azur Lane
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Hastune Miku Hastune Miku Hastune Miku 
That's what the Souls games did. They restrict who you can invade based on level (Your level +/- 15%), but that doesn't stop people from keeping a character at level 4-10, obtaining end-game gear (either by going through the game or having a friend give it to them), and then invading other low level players.

They attempted to fix this in Dark Souls III, by making invasions based not only on your level, but also the level of your weapon (someone with a +10 weapon could only invade other people with +7-+10 weapons, for example), but that didn't really stop it. People just found which weapons could 1-2 shot low level characters while keeping the weapon at a low + level.

And putting level requirements (outside of STR/DEX) would only make the fans cry that they're not able to do low level runs with their favorite weapons because you need to be xx level to use said weapon.

What Fromsoft needs to do is let go of the invasion idea. It's not good, and it's never been good. Make a Souls game that has co-op and that's it. Replace Invasions (which are supposed to be a punishment for co-oping) with a huge stat boost to enemies (I'm talking like 50%-100% per summon). Honestly, that would punish people more for summoning other players than one invader who just gets ganked by 3-4 players.

I would love to see an Ornstein & Smough fight in Dark Souls with a 300% boost to their stats.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition | Summon Night 6: Lost Borders | Star Ocean: Anamnesis | Azur Lane
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
That's what the Souls games did. They restrict who you can invade based on level (Your level +/- 15%), but that doesn't stop people from keeping a character at level 4-10, obtaining end-game gear (either by going through the game or having a friend give it to them), and then invading other low level players.

They attempted to fix this in Dark Souls III, by making invasions based not only on your level, but also the level of your weapon (someone with a +10 weapon could only invade other people with +7-+10 weapons, for example), but that didn't really stop it. People just found which weapons could 1-2 shot low level characters while keeping the weapon at a low + level.

And putting level requirements (outside of STR/DEX) would only make the fans cry that they're not able to do low level runs with their favorite weapons because you need to be xx level to use said weapon.

What Fromsoft needs to do is let go of the invasion idea. It's not good, and it's never been good. Make a Souls game that has co-op and that's it. Replace Invasions (which are supposed to be a punishment for co-oping) with a huge stat boost to enemies (I'm talking like 50%-100% per summon). Honestly, that would punish people more for summoning other players than one invader who just gets ganked by 3-4 players.

I would love to see an Ornstein & Smough fight in Dark Souls with a 300% boost to their stats.
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Co-op doesn't bump the difficulty at all? Even in Bloodborne? I thought it would because it logically makes sense, although at the same time I can see From likely viewed co-op as a way of helping out on a tough challenge rather than making it tougher.
[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Co-op doesn't bump the difficulty at all? Even in Bloodborne? I thought it would because it logically makes sense, although at the same time I can see From likely viewed co-op as a way of helping out on a tough challenge rather than making it tougher.
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Hastune Miku Hastune Miku Hastune Miku 
The only thing summoning another player did was increase the HP of the boss per player you summon. None of their other stats increased at all. So the boss would take longer to kill, but you'd have two to four people attacking them, pretty much negating the increase in HP.

What they should have done was made it so that summon a phantom increased ALL of the stats of a boss by 50% per person. So if you had three phantoms, you were looking at a 150% increase. Or if they really wanted to make you earn it, increase the boss's stats by 100% per summon.

Sekiro not having multiplayer is only going to turn out to be a good thing. It'll let them focus on making the game fun and not focus on "balancing" the game around a handful of whiny children.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
The only thing summoning another player did was increase the HP of the boss per player you summon. None of their other stats increased at all. So the boss would take longer to kill, but you'd have two to four people attacking them, pretty much negating the increase in HP.

What they should have done was made it so that summon a phantom increased ALL of the stats of a boss by 50% per person. So if you had three phantoms, you were looking at a 150% increase. Or if they really wanted to make you earn it, increase the boss's stats by 100% per summon.

Sekiro not having multiplayer is only going to turn out to be a good thing. It'll let them focus on making the game fun and not focus on "balancing" the game around a handful of whiny children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video-Game Topic Directory Moonface 0 842 06-06-2018, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Moonface