Game Boy (Advance) – NSO Library | F-Zero Maximum Velocity Added
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games are being added to Nintendo Switch Online, as announced during today's Nintendo Direct.

Game Boy
Game Boy titles will be available with a regular Nintendo Switch Online subscription and includes the following games:
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  • Gargoyle's Quest
  • Game & Watch Gallery 3
  • Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
  • Metroid II - Return of Samus
  • Wario Land 3
  • Kirby's Dream Land
All of these games can be played with one of three screen filters: Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, and Game Boy Color. Select titles can be played with two-players either locally or online.

More titles will be added to the library in the future, some of which will be:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  • Pokémon: Trading Card Game
  • Kirby: Tilt 'n' Tumble
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance titles will be available with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass subscription, and will offer the following:
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Local and online play for up to four players (friends only) will be available on select titles.

• Metroid: Fusion
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • Fire Emblem
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Golden Sun
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games are being added to Nintendo Switch Online, as announced during today's Nintendo Direct.

Game Boy
Game Boy titles will be available with a regular Nintendo Switch Online subscription and includes the following games:
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  • Gargoyle's Quest
  • Game & Watch Gallery 3
  • Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
  • Metroid II - Return of Samus
  • Wario Land 3
  • Kirby's Dream Land
All of these games can be played with one of three screen filters: Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, and Game Boy Color. Select titles can be played with two-players either locally or online.

• The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  • Pokémon: Trading Card Game
  • Kirby: Tilt 'n' Tumble
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance titles will be available with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass subscription, and will offer the following:
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Local and online play for up to four players (friends only) will be available on select titles.

• Metroid: Fusion
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • Fire Emblem
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Golden Sun
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh, Fire Emblem and Golden Sun will be added to the library later. Okay, those are the two biggest games I needed to see to make me excited for GBA game support.

Though it's gonna be hard to play these on NSO instead of emu due to lack of speed up ability kek
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh, Fire Emblem and Golden Sun will be added to the library later. Okay, those are the two biggest games I needed to see to make me excited for GBA game support.

Though it's gonna be hard to play these on NSO instead of emu due to lack of speed up ability kek
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2023, 04:23 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
It would be nice if Nintendo added this as a feature though like when they added in the rewind feature to the SNES games.

I also saw people commenting that Golden Sun: The Lost Age needs to be added too since it connects directly to Golden Sun, and it would probably benefit greatly if it can just read your data on the Switch instead of using the password system or link cable like the original does to get your Golden Sun save data.

I'm just wondering if they'll ever add any of the mainline Pokémon games into these libraries. If it doesn't come up whenever the next dedicated Pokémon Direct is then that feels like a strong indicator they won't be coming over at all or any time soon.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2023, 04:23 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
It would be nice if Nintendo added this as a feature though like when they added in the rewind feature to the SNES games.

I also saw people commenting that Golden Sun: The Lost Age needs to be added too since it connects directly to Golden Sun, and it would probably benefit greatly if it can just read your data on the Switch instead of using the password system or link cable like the original does to get your Golden Sun save data.

I'm just wondering if they'll ever add any of the mainline Pokémon games into these libraries. If it doesn't come up whenever the next dedicated Pokémon Direct is then that feels like a strong indicator they won't be coming over at all or any time soon.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, adding Golden Sun but never adding The Lost Age would be weird since TLA is a direct continuation of the story (literally starts off where Golden Sun ends). I'm sure they'll probably add it down the line if they are adding the first game, but knowing Nintenderp they'll take their sweet time with it and we'll get TLA in two or three years or something stupid like that.

But I 100% recommend Golden Sun to anyone who has never played it. One of the absolute best JRPGs the GBA had to offer and one of the best JRPGs period.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, adding Golden Sun but never adding The Lost Age would be weird since TLA is a direct continuation of the story (literally starts off where Golden Sun ends). I'm sure they'll probably add it down the line if they are adding the first game, but knowing Nintenderp they'll take their sweet time with it and we'll get TLA in two or three years or something stupid like that.

But I 100% recommend Golden Sun to anyone who has never played it. One of the absolute best JRPGs the GBA had to offer and one of the best JRPGs period.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm so happy about this! Games like Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror; all games I was never able to play with friends cuz no one had them aside from myself. Shame they put the GBA behind the expansion paywall, but hey, at least it's value for your dollar went up pretty nice.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm so happy about this! Games like Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror; all games I was never able to play with friends cuz no one had them aside from myself. Shame they put the GBA behind the expansion paywall, but hey, at least it's value for your dollar went up pretty nice.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 13th, 2023, 03:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Shame they put the GBA behind the expansion paywall, but hey, at least it's value for your dollar went up pretty nice.
It makes sense to put it behind the Expansion Pack though, since it keeps both NSO tiers even in terms of classic game offerings. Basic NSO has NES, SNES and GB, and NSO+ has Genesis, N64 and GBA.
With that in mind, I wonder if any systems yet to come to NSO will eventually all go into NSO+, since the split seems to see the more advanced games going into the Expansion Pack, but once Nintendo ever adds Gamecube stuff in it would seem odd to put that into the basic tier when the games are going to be much bigger experiences than N64 games. I suspect Nintendo might just split future classic offerings by putting some of the more notable titles into the Expansion Pack, and more basic ones into the standard NSO.
I also wonder if we'll ever actually see DS games come to NSO. I'm not really sure how they would make it work because those games require a second screen, but you can't remove the Switch from its dock to be the second screen as it then can't send an image to the TV. I guess they can take the approach emulators for DS games do but then again do we really expect Nintendo to want to copy the solution that emulators adopted first? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 13th, 2023, 03:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Shame they put the GBA behind the expansion paywall, but hey, at least it's value for your dollar went up pretty nice.
It makes sense to put it behind the Expansion Pack though, since it keeps both NSO tiers even in terms of classic game offerings. Basic NSO has NES, SNES and GB, and NSO+ has Genesis, N64 and GBA.
With that in mind, I wonder if any systems yet to come to NSO will eventually all go into NSO+, since the split seems to see the more advanced games going into the Expansion Pack, but once Nintendo ever adds Gamecube stuff in it would seem odd to put that into the basic tier when the games are going to be much bigger experiences than N64 games. I suspect Nintendo might just split future classic offerings by putting some of the more notable titles into the Expansion Pack, and more basic ones into the standard NSO.
I also wonder if we'll ever actually see DS games come to NSO. I'm not really sure how they would make it work because those games require a second screen, but you can't remove the Switch from its dock to be the second screen as it then can't send an image to the TV. I guess they can take the approach emulators for DS games do but then again do we really expect Nintendo to want to copy the solution that emulators adopted first? Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Super Mario Advance 1-3 Arrive on Game Boy Advance NSO Library
Super Mario Advance, Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 and Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 are coming to the Game Boy Advance – Nintendo Switch Online library on May 26th.

Furthermore, an updated version of the original arcade classic Mario Bros. is included in every game in the Super Mario Advance series for online multiplayer fun for up to four players.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Super Mario Advance 1-3 Arrive on Game Boy Advance NSO Library
Super Mario Advance, Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 and Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 are coming to the Game Boy Advance – Nintendo Switch Online library on May 26th.

Furthermore, an updated version of the original arcade classic Mario Bros. is included in every game in the Super Mario Advance series for online multiplayer fun for up to four players.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
So it was cool to see GBA games come to Switch but had the Expansion Pass also needed to play via Switch Online, and these look like they will be too. Eh, thanks but no thanks for me personally, Nintendo.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
So it was cool to see GBA games come to Switch but had the Expansion Pass also needed to play via Switch Online, and these look like they will be too. Eh, thanks but no thanks for me personally, Nintendo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2023, 04:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I hope some day Nintendo will offer the games in these libraries as standalone purchases for anyone who doesn't have enough interest in all of the Expansion Pass titles to pay for it. I doubt I'll ever care to go for NSO+EP regardless of what gets added, just as I'll never buy anything but the basic PS+ tier. Still, if I cared enough to play any of these games but can't without buying an expensive subscription I'd just emulate instead and not give a shit. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2023, 04:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I hope some day Nintendo will offer the games in these libraries as standalone purchases for anyone who doesn't have enough interest in all of the Expansion Pass titles to pay for it. I doubt I'll ever care to go for NSO+EP regardless of what gets added, just as I'll never buy anything but the basic PS+ tier. Still, if I cared enough to play any of these games but can't without buying an expensive subscription I'd just emulate instead and not give a shit. Whistle
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Game Boy NSO Library Additions - June 2023
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble and Blaster Master: Enemy Below have been added to the Game Boy library for Nintendo Switch Online:

In addition to these two titles, Harvest Moon has been added to the SNES library and Mystery Tower has been added to the NES library. All four of these titles are available to play now for anyone with a Nintendo Switch Online membership, as none of these libraries require the Expansion Pass subscription.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Game Boy NSO Library Additions - June 2023
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble and Blaster Master: Enemy Below have been added to the Game Boy library for Nintendo Switch Online:

In addition to these two titles, Harvest Moon has been added to the SNES library and Mystery Tower has been added to the NES library. All four of these titles are available to play now for anyone with a Nintendo Switch Online membership, as none of these libraries require the Expansion Pass subscription.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
If anyone lives under a rock and hasn't seen or heard yet, Nintendo finally pulled their heads out of their asses and decided to add two of the absolute best JRPGs you'll ever play to NSO. Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

If you've never played these absolute masterpieces, get going. Your life has been empty and incomplete up to this point.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
If anyone lives under a rock and hasn't seen or heard yet, Nintendo finally pulled their heads out of their asses and decided to add two of the absolute best JRPGs you'll ever play to NSO. Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

If you've never played these absolute masterpieces, get going. Your life has been empty and incomplete up to this point.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh shit yeah, I forgot about that. God why'd they lock the GBA to the bigger paywall Nooo
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh shit yeah, I forgot about that. God why'd they lock the GBA to the bigger paywall Nooo
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wish Nintendo would just let us buy the games in the NSO libraries outright so we don't have to be subscribed to have access, similar to how you get free DLC access with NSO on certain games but can still buy it standalone. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wish Nintendo would just let us buy the games in the NSO libraries outright so we don't have to be subscribed to have access, similar to how you get free DLC access with NSO on certain games but can still buy it standalone. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jan 20th, 2024, 06:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah, it sucks that they did that, but if you're willing to pay for it, the Golden Sun games are absolutely amazing and will easily be a couple of the best RPGs you'll ever play. I really wish Nintendo would just remaster/remake them for the Switch (or I guess whatever comes after, since the Switch is likely nearing the end of its run). Though at the same time, changing/updating the graphics might cause the games to lose a lot of their charm, so maybe not. Though the 2.5D style that Square Enix uses for the Octopath games might actually be a great fit for the Golden Sun games.

Like, Golden Sun remakes that look like the upcoming Dragon Quest III 2.5HD Remake? Hell yeah brother.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jan 20th, 2024, 06:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah, it sucks that they did that, but if you're willing to pay for it, the Golden Sun games are absolutely amazing and will easily be a couple of the best RPGs you'll ever play. I really wish Nintendo would just remaster/remake them for the Switch (or I guess whatever comes after, since the Switch is likely nearing the end of its run). Though at the same time, changing/updating the graphics might cause the games to lose a lot of their charm, so maybe not. Though the 2.5D style that Square Enix uses for the Octopath games might actually be a great fit for the Golden Sun games.

Like, Golden Sun remakes that look like the upcoming Dragon Quest III 2.5HD Remake? Hell yeah brother.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Dr. Mario, Mario Golf and Mario Tennis Added For MAR10 Day!

The GameBoy Color classics are coming to the Nintendo Switch Online collection!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Dr. Mario, Mario Golf and Mario Tennis Added For MAR10 Day!

The GameBoy Color classics are coming to the Nintendo Switch Online collection!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,601 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Do You Think of PSN/XBL/NSO? Moonface 2 878 Aug 16th, 2022, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Moonface