Since when you were a kid?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
How have your musical tastes changed since when you were a kid?

Do you like the same types of music? Or is it different now?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
How have your musical tastes changed since when you were a kid?

Do you like the same types of music? Or is it different now?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
When I was a kid I wouldn't say I enjoyed, but listened to whatever was playing around me (radio, TV music/music show, what parents played), so whatever was mainstream back then so mainly 90's music with a dash of 80's I suppose. I did like Michael Jackson though. Then after my interests lead to videogame music which I started to genuinely enjoy over mainstream which I begun to ignore, so from games during PS2/GameCube era like Tekken and Super Smash Bros Melee stood out.

Late secondary school I started to pay attention more to what would be my first step into an actual musical taste, those were bands like Disturbed, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Evanescence and some others. I still like them to this day (LP and TDC I stopped following after certain albums). Sometime after that I found Celldweller and Kamelot which around that time became my new go-to music but wasn't so far off the first bunch I got into. I've opened up a little more to different things (Jazz, Classical, chill) but my taste has remained majority the same-ish in the Rock/Metal realm and disliking 99-100% of mainstream rubbish (maybe say 90% if including what has been mainstream in the past).

So from a kid to now has changed drastically. From mid-teens to now slightly. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
When I was a kid I wouldn't say I enjoyed, but listened to whatever was playing around me (radio, TV music/music show, what parents played), so whatever was mainstream back then so mainly 90's music with a dash of 80's I suppose. I did like Michael Jackson though. Then after my interests lead to videogame music which I started to genuinely enjoy over mainstream which I begun to ignore, so from games during PS2/GameCube era like Tekken and Super Smash Bros Melee stood out.

Late secondary school I started to pay attention more to what would be my first step into an actual musical taste, those were bands like Disturbed, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Evanescence and some others. I still like them to this day (LP and TDC I stopped following after certain albums). Sometime after that I found Celldweller and Kamelot which around that time became my new go-to music but wasn't so far off the first bunch I got into. I've opened up a little more to different things (Jazz, Classical, chill) but my taste has remained majority the same-ish in the Rock/Metal realm and disliking 99-100% of mainstream rubbish (maybe say 90% if including what has been mainstream in the past).

So from a kid to now has changed drastically. From mid-teens to now slightly. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'd say that in general my tastes stayed roughly the same for the most part since most music I listened to growing up was stuff my dad played, which was stuff in the rock/metal genres and I still enjoy that music and those genres today.

The only real change would be in music I found myself not being stuff I still listen to today, which for the most part is random pop music that kid me liked but teenage/adult me realizes is actually rather garbage or just isn't for me as my taste stopped trying to branch out and remained with the genres I've always enjoyed from as young as I can recall.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'd say that in general my tastes stayed roughly the same for the most part since most music I listened to growing up was stuff my dad played, which was stuff in the rock/metal genres and I still enjoy that music and those genres today.

The only real change would be in music I found myself not being stuff I still listen to today, which for the most part is random pop music that kid me liked but teenage/adult me realizes is actually rather garbage or just isn't for me as my taste stopped trying to branch out and remained with the genres I've always enjoyed from as young as I can recall.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I do like a lot of the same music, but I've since widely broadened the genres I listen to. I still often listen to bands I liked as a kid (Green Day, Daft Punk, Linkin Park) but I don't necessairly listen to them all that often.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I do like a lot of the same music, but I've since widely broadened the genres I listen to. I still often listen to bands I liked as a kid (Green Day, Daft Punk, Linkin Park) but I don't necessairly listen to them all that often.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 27th, 2022, 09:42 PM)Frank Wrote:
I still often listen to bands I liked as a kid (Green Day, Daft Punk, Linkin Park) but I don't necessairly listen to them all that often.
Hmm, yeah you saying this I'd add I'm in a similar boat to this. A lot of the bands I listened to back in the 2000's/2010's aren't bands I listen to as much nowadays in comparison. Although on the flip side, bands I didn't listen to much of back then due to only knowing a couple of their songs are bands that today I listen to whole albums of. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I still often listen to bands I liked as a kid (Green Day, Daft Punk, Linkin Park) but I don't necessairly listen to them all that often.
Hmm, yeah you saying this I'd add I'm in a similar boat to this. A lot of the bands I listened to back in the 2000's/2010's aren't bands I listen to as much nowadays in comparison. Although on the flip side, bands I didn't listen to much of back then due to only knowing a couple of their songs are bands that today I listen to whole albums of. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah having full access to whole libraries of artists and bands from all over the world at your fingertips is really something else.

Granted, the people I listened to way back when I was a kid... I don't think I want to seek out their full albums. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, *NSYNC... well I did have their CDs but, listening to them nowadays isn't the greatest lmao Though it is fun to listen to for nostalgia's sake on occasion. I will say my enjoyment of K-Pop was borne out of this enjoyment, though LOL

To be clear, I didn't just listen to the pop music from the 90's and early 00's; my parents were big hair metal chuds (they actually met at a Cinderella concert) so I grew up listening to lots of Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Def Leppard, Dokken, etc. That stuff I appreciate more now for sure.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah having full access to whole libraries of artists and bands from all over the world at your fingertips is really something else.

Granted, the people I listened to way back when I was a kid... I don't think I want to seek out their full albums. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, *NSYNC... well I did have their CDs but, listening to them nowadays isn't the greatest lmao Though it is fun to listen to for nostalgia's sake on occasion. I will say my enjoyment of K-Pop was borne out of this enjoyment, though LOL

To be clear, I didn't just listen to the pop music from the 90's and early 00's; my parents were big hair metal chuds (they actually met at a Cinderella concert) so I grew up listening to lots of Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Def Leppard, Dokken, etc. That stuff I appreciate more now for sure.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Nov 28th, 2022, 11:26 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm the same way. I find that "one song" I liked from a band, and go back to their other albums. It's like discovering new "old" music!
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Nov 28th, 2022, 11:26 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm the same way. I find that "one song" I liked from a band, and go back to their other albums. It's like discovering new "old" music!
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
I'd say quite a lot. I used to rock out to Wheels on the Bus, but these days it just doesn't do it for me.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
I'd say quite a lot. I used to rock out to Wheels on the Bus, but these days it just doesn't do it for me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Lmao, trying to imagine an adult just absolutely vibing to "Wheels on the Bus" in my head sounds incredibly funny. LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Lmao, trying to imagine an adult just absolutely vibing to "Wheels on the Bus" in my head sounds incredibly funny. LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kid's hobbies Nebulous 3 692 Feb 27th, 2023, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Nebulous