Games Done Quick
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Split from the "Speedrunning" thread as there's enough discussion on just GDQ to just make it its own thread.

For anyone interested GDQ put up their preliminary schedule recently for AGDQ 2023: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
Anyone looking to try and catch anything on this one? These are the ones I'd like to try and catch:
  • Splatoon 3 (pending if I finish the campaign before this airs)
  • Frogun
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Dead Space 3 - Co-Op
  • Stardew Valley - Race
  • Stray (pending if I even play this game before this airs let alone finish it lol)
  • Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - 2v2 Lockout Bingo
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Metroid Dread - Race
  • Terraria
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Race
The ones in bold are those I know I absolutely want to see, even if I catch them on YouTube instead of live. Spyro 2 is probably the one I'm most intrigued to see because I've never seen a lockout bingo race before on any game and I love Spyro 2, so it'll be a neat way to experience a run of that game in a new way for me. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Split from the "Speedrunning" thread as there's enough discussion on just GDQ to just make it its own thread.

For anyone interested GDQ put up their preliminary schedule recently for AGDQ 2023: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
Anyone looking to try and catch anything on this one? These are the ones I'd like to try and catch:
  • Splatoon 3 (pending if I finish the campaign before this airs)
  • Frogun
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Dead Space 3 - Co-Op
  • Stardew Valley - Race
  • Stray (pending if I even play this game before this airs let alone finish it lol)
  • Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - 2v2 Lockout Bingo
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Metroid Dread - Race
  • Terraria
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Race
The ones in bold are those I know I absolutely want to see, even if I catch them on YouTube instead of live. Spyro 2 is probably the one I'm most intrigued to see because I've never seen a lockout bingo race before on any game and I love Spyro 2, so it'll be a neat way to experience a run of that game in a new way for me. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I probably will most likely miss almost all the ones I have some interest in catching, but anyway:

Crash N Sane Trilogy (Crash 3)
Sonic Heroes (Team Dark) - huh, that was on Wii?
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Worms Armageddon - Aww I'll be at work, but could watch later by scrolling back
Super Mario Land
Super Mario All-Stars Shuffler - never head of this game before XD too early in the morning plus work that day
Pokémon Legends Arceus
Super Mario Bros. 3 - both of these too early again
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I probably will most likely miss almost all the ones I have some interest in catching, but anyway:

Crash N Sane Trilogy (Crash 3)
Sonic Heroes (Team Dark) - huh, that was on Wii?
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Worms Armageddon - Aww I'll be at work, but could watch later by scrolling back
Super Mario Land
Super Mario All-Stars Shuffler - never head of this game before XD too early in the morning plus work that day
Pokémon Legends Arceus
Super Mario Bros. 3 - both of these too early again
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone interested in watching it, Awesome Games Done Quick 2023 has just begun! Right now Splatoon 3 Any% is being run, although I'm not watching it too closely since I'm currently playing Phasmophobia with EL and DL plus I've not finished the campaign of that game so don't want to get spoiled too heavily.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone interested in watching it, Awesome Games Done Quick 2023 has just begun! Right now Splatoon 3 Any% is being run, although I'm not watching it too closely since I'm currently playing Phasmophobia with EL and DL plus I've not finished the campaign of that game so don't want to get spoiled too heavily.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
ADGQ was really good! Missed it being in person, but it still turned out pretty solid to watch. The Worms run was actually pretty nuts XD

Aight, SGDQ 2023 schedule is live! I'm once again attending in person and I can't wait to meet my online buddies and see Minneapolis proper Wow

My pal Shoujo got two of her runs in: Sure Shot (SMW romhack made in part by Celeste creator Maddy) and the Super Mario Maker 2 relay race. GrandPooBear's Baron of Shell (another SMW hack) got in as well, and it's one of the last runs that'll close out the show!
Friday and Saturday easily have the best line-ups. Like, I can't imagine leaving the hotel often those days honestly. I'm really interested in the Blind Breath of the Wild any% run on Friday. Seems wild to conceive such level of memorization in a game so open (blindfolded games usually rely on walls/boundaries to right the player)
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
ADGQ was really good! Missed it being in person, but it still turned out pretty solid to watch. The Worms run was actually pretty nuts XD

Aight, SGDQ 2023 schedule is live! I'm once again attending in person and I can't wait to meet my online buddies and see Minneapolis proper Wow

My pal Shoujo got two of her runs in: Sure Shot (SMW romhack made in part by Celeste creator Maddy) and the Super Mario Maker 2 relay race. GrandPooBear's Baron of Shell (another SMW hack) got in as well, and it's one of the last runs that'll close out the show!
Friday and Saturday easily have the best line-ups. Like, I can't imagine leaving the hotel often those days honestly. I'm really interested in the Blind Breath of the Wild any% run on Friday. Seems wild to conceive such level of memorization in a game so open (blindfolded games usually rely on walls/boundaries to right the player)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking at the list, here's what grabbed my interest for SGDQ this year:
  • Luigi's Mansion (Wii) - 100% Race
  • Phogs! (PC) - Solo Any%
  • Returnal (PC) - Fresh File Glitched
  • Choo-Choo Charles (PC) -  Any%
  • Resident Evil 6 (PC) - Ada vs Jake, Coop, Amateur, NG+
  • Hitman 3 (PC) - Any% Freelancer Campaign
  • Darkest Dungeon (PC) - Defeat Hag/Necromancer/Swine Prince Bidwar
  • Titanfall 2 (PC) - Any%
  • Pokémon Colosseum (GC) - Any% Race
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (NS) - Relay Race
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) - Any% Blindfolded
Not a lot of interesting races at face value this time around, with only 3/7 really grabbing my attention just through the game being run. Maybe the others will be good but knowing nothing about those games and also not caring for them makes it hard to care much overall.

I didn't know Grandpoobear actually made his own SMW hack. I always got the impression he was rather green at SMW hacks in general so never expected to see he'd made one.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking at the list, here's what grabbed my interest for SGDQ this year:
  • Luigi's Mansion (Wii) - 100% Race
  • Phogs! (PC) - Solo Any%
  • Returnal (PC) - Fresh File Glitched
  • Choo-Choo Charles (PC) -  Any%
  • Resident Evil 6 (PC) - Ada vs Jake, Coop, Amateur, NG+
  • Hitman 3 (PC) - Any% Freelancer Campaign
  • Darkest Dungeon (PC) - Defeat Hag/Necromancer/Swine Prince Bidwar
  • Titanfall 2 (PC) - Any%
  • Pokémon Colosseum (GC) - Any% Race
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (NS) - Relay Race
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) - Any% Blindfolded
Not a lot of interesting races at face value this time around, with only 3/7 really grabbing my attention just through the game being run. Maybe the others will be good but knowing nothing about those games and also not caring for them makes it hard to care much overall.

I didn't know Grandpoobear actually made his own SMW hack. I always got the impression he was rather green at SMW hacks in general so never expected to see he'd made one.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh sorry, I mislead by how I wrote it: I meant GrandPooBear's run of Baron of Shell got in. He has never made a hack lol except Grand Poo World <_<

Yeah all those runs generally interest me as well. I neglected to mention that DanTheVP (one of Barb's mods) and TheBlacktastic (he's a great dude; he got his run axed last SGDQ because of schedule mishaps) got the back to back Bloodstained runs (1 & 2) on Monday evening. That'll be cool to witness. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh sorry, I mislead by how I wrote it: I meant GrandPooBear's run of Baron of Shell got in. He has never made a hack lol except Grand Poo World <_<

Yeah all those runs generally interest me as well. I neglected to mention that DanTheVP (one of Barb's mods) and TheBlacktastic (he's a great dude; he got his run axed last SGDQ because of schedule mishaps) got the back to back Bloodstained runs (1 & 2) on Monday evening. That'll be cool to witness. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2023, 10:50 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Ah, that makes more sense. He hasn't been doing SMW hacks for a long time though right? Like in comparison to other highly skilled players like Barb and Shoujo, etc.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2023, 10:50 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Ah, that makes more sense. He hasn't been doing SMW hacks for a long time though right? Like in comparison to other highly skilled players like Barb and Shoujo, etc.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Quite the opposite; folks like Barb would watch runs from Poo of old kaizo hacks like Kaizo 3 or Dram World and be inspired to make their own.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Quite the opposite; folks like Barb would watch runs from Poo of old kaizo hacks like Kaizo 3 or Dram World and be inspired to make their own.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
As I didn't really watch the last GDQ event, I'll probably won't watch much of SGDQ...well since Shira's and take Moony will too are attending might catch a run to see if I can spot them. Anyway some events I could be interested in, although some are past midnight my time...

-ENDER LILIES: QUIETUS OF THE KNIGHTS ; All Spirits...(my lazy ass needs to get on that and finish it)
-SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG ; Glitchless Bidwar...(also want to find out why that has a 30 minute setup time)
-PAPER MARIO ; Any% no ace...(boo 4AM, even if it's pushed back by time, still an early morning work day for me)
-CRASH BANDICOOT N SANE TRILOGY ; Full Trilogy Any%
-FIRE EMBLEM ENGAGE ; Any%
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
As I didn't really watch the last GDQ event, I'll probably won't watch much of SGDQ...well since Shira's and take Moony will too are attending might catch a run to see if I can spot them. Anyway some events I could be interested in, although some are past midnight my time...

-ENDER LILIES: QUIETUS OF THE KNIGHTS ; All Spirits...(my lazy ass needs to get on that and finish it)
-SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG ; Glitchless Bidwar...(also want to find out why that has a 30 minute setup time)
-PAPER MARIO ; Any% no ace...(boo 4AM, even if it's pushed back by time, still an early morning work day for me)
-CRASH BANDICOOT N SANE TRILOGY ; Full Trilogy Any%
-FIRE EMBLEM ENGAGE ; Any%
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sometimes it's best to catch runs after they've gone live. GDQ's YouTube archive has been really quick with uploads during events so you won't need to wait a ridiculous amount of time to see them around marathon time. Wink
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sometimes it's best to catch runs after they've gone live. GDQ's YouTube archive has been really quick with uploads during events so you won't need to wait a ridiculous amount of time to see them around marathon time. Wink
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, cool they have a team that uploads that quick, nice. I know gaming events like tournaments or whatever upload matches and such similarly or up to a day more recently and GDQ would be similar. I'll look out for them then when it's happening. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, cool they have a team that uploads that quick, nice. I know gaming events like tournaments or whatever upload matches and such similarly or up to a day more recently and GDQ would be similar. I'll look out for them then when it's happening. Grin
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 19th, 2023, 10:02 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I don't have anything to say about GDQ since they became absolute dogshit years ago, but I just had to hop in to say YES, YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND FINISH ENDER LILLIES. It's such an amazing game! You're doing yourself a huge disservice by not finishing it! I myself can't wait until I'm ready to go play through it again to 100% it on Steam.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 19th, 2023, 10:02 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I don't have anything to say about GDQ since they became absolute dogshit years ago, but I just had to hop in to say YES, YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND FINISH ENDER LILLIES. It's such an amazing game! You're doing yourself a huge disservice by not finishing it! I myself can't wait until I'm ready to go play through it again to 100% it on Steam.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 25th, 2023, 05:41 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I don't have anything to say about GDQ since they became absolute dogshit years ago...
Do you check out any other speedrunning stuff instead DL or not really since checking out of GDQ stuff? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't have anything to say about GDQ since they became absolute dogshit years ago...
Do you check out any other speedrunning stuff instead DL or not really since checking out of GDQ stuff? Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah they've got plenty of other shows and events that are really cool if the main event isn't your thing. The GDQ Hotfix showcases a bunch of speedrunning content like races, tournaments, weird speedrun categories, and more.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah they've got plenty of other shows and events that are really cool if the main event isn't your thing. The GDQ Hotfix showcases a bunch of speedrunning content like races, tournaments, weird speedrun categories, and more.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 26th, 2023, 02:03 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Nothing GDQ related because all of their stuff is garbo. I sometimes check out RPG Limit Break's marathons when I can, since they are strictly RPGs (heavily JRPG too, for an added bonus), though I haven't been keeping up with them a whole lot either. I might just be over the whole speedrunning fad, it was so 2015~
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 26th, 2023, 02:03 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Nothing GDQ related because all of their stuff is garbo. I sometimes check out RPG Limit Break's marathons when I can, since they are strictly RPGs (heavily JRPG too, for an added bonus), though I haven't been keeping up with them a whole lot either. I might just be over the whole speedrunning fad, it was so 2015~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 11 431 Apr 11th, 2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 28 8,427 Apr 3rd, 2024, 02:44 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 681 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 135 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 807 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM