Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Now, I -think- this one was actually made for the English anniversary of the game. Anyone RWBY fans might recognize the names of the people who made this one (or the voice of the singer). They are the pair that made most, if not all, of the theme songs and such for the show.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Now, I -think- this one was actually made for the English anniversary of the game. Anyone RWBY fans might recognize the names of the people who made this one (or the voice of the singer). They are the pair that made most, if not all, of the theme songs and such for the show.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
So I found one of the coolest things to, well, find tonight:

This whole channel is full of 8-bit style covers of old music, new music, games music, other nerd media: almost anything you can think of! It's all very well done and pretty amazing. Listened to a lot of Fall Out Boy covers they had earlier, which were pretty spot on (I could easily sing along, even the bits that are underhanded are covered!)
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
So I found one of the coolest things to, well, find tonight:

This whole channel is full of 8-bit style covers of old music, new music, games music, other nerd media: almost anything you can think of! It's all very well done and pretty amazing. Listened to a lot of Fall Out Boy covers they had earlier, which were pretty spot on (I could easily sing along, even the bits that are underhanded are covered!)
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

This.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

This.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: That video made me remember that I was supposed to see BB live last year but then Covid happened. Sad

Last thing I listened to was Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet by Fall Out Boy. Been really hooked into their stuff lately which I didn't think I would be until @ShiraNoMai played the Infinity on High album in the car when we went to the beach recently.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: That video made me remember that I was supposed to see BB live last year but then Covid happened. Sad

Last thing I listened to was Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet by Fall Out Boy. Been really hooked into their stuff lately which I didn't think I would be until @ShiraNoMai played the Infinity on High album in the car when we went to the beach recently.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That sucks. Breaking Benjamin is probably one of the few bands I'd actually want to go see live if I had the chance. The only other band I probably would have paid to go see would have been Linkin Park, prior to the very sad loss of Chester. Not going and seeing LP before his death, so that I could have experienced his performances live, will always be one of my biggest regrets.

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That sucks. Breaking Benjamin is probably one of the few bands I'd actually want to go see live if I had the chance. The only other band I probably would have paid to go see would have been Linkin Park, prior to the very sad loss of Chester. Not going and seeing LP before his death, so that I could have experienced his performances live, will always be one of my biggest regrets.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually saw LP live a few years before Chester's passing, and it was really telling at the time what he was going through. It was the Hunting Party tour with 30STM, and they were the last act to perform. 9PM they were supposed to come on. We waited until nearly 1030 before Chester got his act together (word was he was fucked up on something in his trailer) and came on. Performance was great but yeah, that left a weird taste in the audiences' mouth
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually saw LP live a few years before Chester's passing, and it was really telling at the time what he was going through. It was the Hunting Party tour with 30STM, and they were the last act to perform. 9PM they were supposed to come on. We waited until nearly 1030 before Chester got his act together (word was he was fucked up on something in his trailer) and came on. Performance was great but yeah, that left a weird taste in the audiences' mouth
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Was this before or after the lead singer of Soundgarden passed?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Was this before or after the lead singer of Soundgarden passed?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Chris Cornell passed like a month or two before Chester did so, yeah it was before lol

2017 was definitely a hard year for suicides in music, it seems. Between those two, and rounding the year out with Jonghyun, it was a real tough year huh. Eh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Chris Cornell passed like a month or two before Chester did so, yeah it was before lol

2017 was definitely a hard year for suicides in music, it seems. Between those two, and rounding the year out with Jonghyun, it was a real tough year huh. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: I saw in the comments of that video while I was listening to it that Eminem ruins the version of the song that he's present in. I've not bothered to check that out yet but if you have would you agree with that sentiment? Or do you think both are good but prefer this one?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: I saw in the comments of that video while I was listening to it that Eminem ruins the version of the song that he's present in. I've not bothered to check that out yet but if you have would you agree with that sentiment? Or do you think both are good but prefer this one?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I know you asked Night Lord Moony, but I've listened to the original and I'd say both are good, but this one does overall feel a bit sadder than the one with Eminem and less self destructive mainly cause it doesn't have the Eminem part.

Eminem part: 3:05
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I know you asked Night Lord Moony, but I've listened to the original and I'd say both are good, but this one does overall feel a bit sadder than the one with Eminem and less self destructive mainly cause it doesn't have the Eminem part.

Eminem part: 3:05
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 15th, 2021, 10:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Both are great for different reasons. The version with Eminem is more intense, while the version without is a lot more mellow and sorrowful. I'm not a huge fan of Rihanna normally, but I love her voice in this song. It's a very beautiful sounding song. 

The Eminem version is great too for its intensity. I love listening to it when I'm grinding away in a game, because it's a song that really gives you that energized feeling. Something you can "rock out" to, despite it not being a rock song, but that's the easiest term I can think of to describe it. 

But yeah, both are great and people who say Eminem ruins the song have trash opinions.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 15th, 2021, 10:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Both are great for different reasons. The version with Eminem is more intense, while the version without is a lot more mellow and sorrowful. I'm not a huge fan of Rihanna normally, but I love her voice in this song. It's a very beautiful sounding song. 

The Eminem version is great too for its intensity. I love listening to it when I'm grinding away in a game, because it's a song that really gives you that energized feeling. Something you can "rock out" to, despite it not being a rock song, but that's the easiest term I can think of to describe it. 

But yeah, both are great and people who say Eminem ruins the song have trash opinions.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually had no idea there was another version of the song without Eminem on it, so TIL. Will give the Rihanna-only version a listen at some point.

Speaking of Rihanna, though, I'm reminded of this really sick music video of hers for her hit "Disturbia". It's still such a marvel to watch, and reminds me of a much tamer version of Dir En Grey's "Obscure" in terms of the type of zany it contains. It's very well directed and definitely nails the concept of the song:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually had no idea there was another version of the song without Eminem on it, so TIL. Will give the Rihanna-only version a listen at some point.

Speaking of Rihanna, though, I'm reminded of this really sick music video of hers for her hit "Disturbia". It's still such a marvel to watch, and reminds me of a much tamer version of Dir En Grey's "Obscure" in terms of the type of zany it contains. It's very well directed and definitely nails the concept of the song:

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I actually didn't know about the Rihanna only version either until this past summer, when it was constantly being played on the radio. So I thought maybe it was new, but nope. Once I looked up the video and saw it was from 2010, I was like, "Damn, how have I not heard this version in the 10 years it's been out there?!"
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I actually didn't know about the Rihanna only version either until this past summer, when it was constantly being played on the radio. So I thought maybe it was new, but nope. Once I looked up the video and saw it was from 2010, I was like, "Damn, how have I not heard this version in the 10 years it's been out there?!"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 159,166 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,903 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,929 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface