Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm actually shocked to know that they "constantly" play an older hit on the radio these days instead of any of the newer stuff. Though, it was around that era that I stopped listening to the radio really so I don't quite know what's on it anymore LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm actually shocked to know that they "constantly" play an older hit on the radio these days instead of any of the newer stuff. Though, it was around that era that I stopped listening to the radio really so I don't quite know what's on it anymore LOL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, the radio stations around here still play songs from 2010 or so a lot, and a lot of them have specific times where they'll play songs from the 80s and 90s still. It's nice, though of course they do their fair share of playing the same two songs over and over again as well. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.

Heard a metal cover of this song during a stream a while back, but forgot to look it up myself. Ended up finding this version (released in January), instead of the one I heard before. Even though it wasn't the one I meant to find, I listened to it and I gotta say, it's pretty damn good. Thunder Rolls is one of my favorite country songs from the 90s, so I'm pretty picky when it comes to covers of it, but I have to say they did a great job. The song sounds really good with more of a rock/metal sound. 

For anyone wondering, I also did find the one I meant to search (cover by All That Remains in 2017), and I have to say that these guys did a much better job. All That Remain's version has too much noise going on it and it has female vocals during the chorus that just make the chorus sound extremely messy. Definitely glad I happened to come across this one instead. All That Remain's version for anyone interested in comparing them yourself.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, the radio stations around here still play songs from 2010 or so a lot, and a lot of them have specific times where they'll play songs from the 80s and 90s still. It's nice, though of course they do their fair share of playing the same two songs over and over again as well. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.

Heard a metal cover of this song during a stream a while back, but forgot to look it up myself. Ended up finding this version (released in January), instead of the one I heard before. Even though it wasn't the one I meant to find, I listened to it and I gotta say, it's pretty damn good. Thunder Rolls is one of my favorite country songs from the 90s, so I'm pretty picky when it comes to covers of it, but I have to say they did a great job. The song sounds really good with more of a rock/metal sound. 

For anyone wondering, I also did find the one I meant to search (cover by All That Remains in 2017), and I have to say that these guys did a much better job. All That Remain's version has too much noise going on it and it has female vocals during the chorus that just make the chorus sound extremely messy. Definitely glad I happened to come across this one instead. All That Remain's version for anyone interested in comparing them yourself.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

Okay, there's an interesting thing happening in this song. So, the opening riff is pretty standard 4/4 time, just with weird accents. Then, it gets to the 7/8 riff (where the actual lyrics are), and you get to why the song has people's attention. See, the riff is played by two different guitars, and is actually a 7:13 polymeter. One guitar is just playing 7/8 time, while the second guitar is playing the same riff, but cutting off the last beat of every other measure (making it 13/8 time total), leading to the weird echo effect you start hearing as the riffs go out of sync and back. Once it does that for one full cycle, the two guitars start playing the same riff again without removing any beats, but it's still a crazy-sounding section.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

Okay, there's an interesting thing happening in this song. So, the opening riff is pretty standard 4/4 time, just with weird accents. Then, it gets to the 7/8 riff (where the actual lyrics are), and you get to why the song has people's attention. See, the riff is played by two different guitars, and is actually a 7:13 polymeter. One guitar is just playing 7/8 time, while the second guitar is playing the same riff, but cutting off the last beat of every other measure (making it 13/8 time total), leading to the weird echo effect you start hearing as the riffs go out of sync and back. Once it does that for one full cycle, the two guitars start playing the same riff again without removing any beats, but it's still a crazy-sounding section.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Without Me - Eminem

No idea why but I'm listening to it. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Without Me - Eminem

No idea why but I'm listening to it. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
bury a friend [sic] - Billie Eilish

I'm a little late to this train, as I tend to be. When I first heard of her, I immediately dismissed her as another flash in the pan pop star that was manufactured and happened to roll a jackpot, and actually listening to bad guy did not help that viewpoint. But then I heard this song (or rather, saw it examined by David Bennett, a Music Theory youtuber), and my attention was grabbed at that moment. So, I read up on her a little, and WOW I UNDERESTIMATED HER! Turns out, she and her brother wrote and produced all the tracks on her album that made her big, and she's breaking ridiculous records at less than 20 years old. So, yeah, I'm gonna listen to that entire album when I get the chance.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
bury a friend [sic] - Billie Eilish

I'm a little late to this train, as I tend to be. When I first heard of her, I immediately dismissed her as another flash in the pan pop star that was manufactured and happened to roll a jackpot, and actually listening to bad guy did not help that viewpoint. But then I heard this song (or rather, saw it examined by David Bennett, a Music Theory youtuber), and my attention was grabbed at that moment. So, I read up on her a little, and WOW I UNDERESTIMATED HER! Turns out, she and her brother wrote and produced all the tracks on her album that made her big, and she's breaking ridiculous records at less than 20 years old. So, yeah, I'm gonna listen to that entire album when I get the chance.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

300 years and still no one knows! The secret remains and if you'd like to hear about the song and the history it talks about

[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

300 years and still no one knows! The secret remains and if you'd like to hear about the song and the history it talks about

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Chaos Magic Furyborn album, End of the Dream Until You Break album

Two albums I bought recently, both very good. Chaos Magic was a band I found a little while ago, then got suggested by Amazon so I listened a song then instantly bought it. XD Along with a wrist support I needed.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Chaos Magic Furyborn album, End of the Dream Until You Break album

Two albums I bought recently, both very good. Chaos Magic was a band I found a little while ago, then got suggested by Amazon so I listened a song then instantly bought it. XD Along with a wrist support I needed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Everything I Said - The Cranberries

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Everything I Said - The Cranberries
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
15 Step - Radiohead

If you know Radiohead as "that band who did Creep", this song is gonna sound very, very strange. If you know Radiohead as what they want to be -- an experimental rock band -- this is a pretty standard Radiohead song. I'm a bit of a sucker for non-4/4 time signatures, too, and this song being in 5/4 scratches that.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
15 Step - Radiohead

If you know Radiohead as "that band who did Creep", this song is gonna sound very, very strange. If you know Radiohead as what they want to be -- an experimental rock band -- this is a pretty standard Radiohead song. I'm a bit of a sucker for non-4/4 time signatures, too, and this song being in 5/4 scratches that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Random on my entire music library that's on my mp3 player, somehow completely forgot what played before this but at the moment I'm listening to LEAH - Alpha et Omega annnd now....Delain - Your Body Is a Battleground ft Marco Hietala.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Random on my entire music library that's on my mp3 player, somehow completely forgot what played before this but at the moment I'm listening to LEAH - Alpha et Omega annnd now....Delain - Your Body Is a Battleground ft Marco Hietala.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 499 157,965 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:34 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,830 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,907 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface