Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't remember what the band's name of the cover I was originally looking for was. Their cover is absolute crap compared to State of Mine's though, so I don't care what their band name was anymore, haha. Also no, it didn't cause me to go out and actively seek other covers.

2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't remember what the band's name of the cover I was originally looking for was. Their cover is absolute crap compared to State of Mine's though, so I don't care what their band name was anymore, haha. Also no, it didn't cause me to go out and actively seek other covers.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Black - Pearl Jam

It's a good thing I really like this song because I've had to listen to it so many times for a project I'm working on. x.x
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Black - Pearl Jam

It's a good thing I really like this song because I've had to listen to it so many times for a project I'm working on. x.x
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Atlantis - SHINee

I got a notification while I was listening to this at the gym that a friend of mine, whom I don't even know??, started listening along with me. Hope they enjoyed the bangers ROFL XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Atlantis - SHINee

I got a notification while I was listening to this at the gym that a friend of mine, whom I don't even know??, started listening along with me. Hope they enjoyed the bangers ROFL XD
Abyss_Mage Offline
demoniac
Currently Playing
Age of Empires HD
XP: 108
The new Haiduk album Diabolica [metal]

Abyss_Mage Offline
demoniac
Currently Playing
Age of Empires HD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 30th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Abyss_Mage Wrote:

Never heard of these before so decided to listen to that song, and I quite liked it. It sounds like it serves as a bit of an interlude between two other songs, especially with how short it feels. Is that correct?
Also since this is your first post, welcome to the community! ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Never heard of these before so decided to listen to that song, and I quite liked it. It sounds like it serves as a bit of an interlude between two other songs, especially with how short it feels. Is that correct?
Also since this is your first post, welcome to the community! ^_^
Abyss_Mage Offline
demoniac
Currently Playing
Age of Empires HD
(Mar 30th, 2022, 11:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The new Haiduk album Diabolica [metal]

Also since this is your first post, welcome to the community! ^_^

Thank you for the welcome, Moonface. 

Glad you enjoyed! It's not an interlude, that's how most Haiduk songs are - lightning fast & short.
Abyss_Mage Offline
demoniac
Currently Playing
Age of Empires HD
(Mar 30th, 2022, 11:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The new Haiduk album Diabolica [metal]

Also since this is your first post, welcome to the community! ^_^

Thank you for the welcome, Moonface. 

Glad you enjoyed! It's not an interlude, that's how most Haiduk songs are - lightning fast & short.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Abyss_Mage: Ah. Smile

Nothing Helps - One OK Rock

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Abyss_Mage: Ah. Smile

Nothing Helps - One OK Rock
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

Every time I listen to one of these covers by the Chinese voice actors of Genshin characters, it just really cements the fact that Japanese and Chinese VAs are so talented in multiple aspects of voice talent, meanwhile English VAs can't even be good at the one job they have.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

Every time I listen to one of these covers by the Chinese voice actors of Genshin characters, it just really cements the fact that Japanese and Chinese VAs are so talented in multiple aspects of voice talent, meanwhile English VAs can't even be good at the one job they have.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 26th, 2022, 06:01 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I wonder if Japanese games sometimes choose cheaper English VA's when the game is a new IP and they don't know how successful they might be in Western territories. Like Genshin seems to be the first game by MiHoYo that blew up, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go for really good VA's to try and save on costs. Unless even new characters are getting iffy VA's?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if Japanese games sometimes choose cheaper English VA's when the game is a new IP and they don't know how successful they might be in Western territories. Like Genshin seems to be the first game by MiHoYo that blew up, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go for really good VA's to try and save on costs. Unless even new characters are getting iffy VA's?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A nice surprise there, wasn't expecting the song to be sung in English. Though yeah, JP and CN can just jump into music and easily get away with singing whilst sounding good too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A nice surprise there, wasn't expecting the song to be sung in English. Though yeah, JP and CN can just jump into music and easily get away with singing whilst sounding good too.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Apr 26th, 2022, 09:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:

There are some smaller publishers that need to go with cheaper VAs for sure, and some English VAs that won't do "anime" games anymore, despite those types of games making those VAs what they are today. 

Overall though it's just the difference in talent. In Japan, they go to school for voice acting/acting/singing (I think it's an all-together type of deal), so they get professional training and spend years learning the trade. Meanwhile in the English VA scene, any old hack can get a part even if they are absolute garbo. There's just a HUGE gap between talent of Japanese voice actors (and Chinese, as I've been finding out fast) and English. Even the worst JP VA is probably ten times better than the best English VA at what they do.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Apr 26th, 2022, 09:55 PM)Moonface Wrote:

There are some smaller publishers that need to go with cheaper VAs for sure, and some English VAs that won't do "anime" games anymore, despite those types of games making those VAs what they are today. 

Overall though it's just the difference in talent. In Japan, they go to school for voice acting/acting/singing (I think it's an all-together type of deal), so they get professional training and spend years learning the trade. Meanwhile in the English VA scene, any old hack can get a part even if they are absolute garbo. There's just a HUGE gap between talent of Japanese voice actors (and Chinese, as I've been finding out fast) and English. Even the worst JP VA is probably ten times better than the best English VA at what they do.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, not all English VAs. I think Kate Higgins (under Kate Davis for this song's credits) did a fantastic job doing Super Mario Odyssey's title track "Jump Up Superstar". I wasn't aware she sang until this came out. She voices my waifu in Naruto so there's a small bias there Whistle

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, not all English VAs. I think Kate Higgins (under Kate Davis for this song's credits) did a fantastic job doing Super Mario Odyssey's title track "Jump Up Superstar". I wasn't aware she sang until this came out. She voices my waifu in Naruto so there's a small bias there Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 1st, 2022, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Assuming you mean Sakura's VA, I didn't know that was who sang that song. XD

@Dragon Lord: I didn't know Japan went through that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Japan does have a culture of applying themselves to everything really hard when it comes to learning something. English VA's wouldn't ever need to care for that stuff to the same degree since there's just a much bigger market for English VA's than any other language.

Now, for the last thing I listened to:
Cry Like A Ghost - Passion Pit

I haven't ever listened to any of their albums before and randomly decided to on Wednesday night when finishing up my final project for the semester. The ones I listened to were okay overall, but I really love the odd belter nestled in them like the one above. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 1st, 2022, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Assuming you mean Sakura's VA, I didn't know that was who sang that song. XD

@Dragon Lord: I didn't know Japan went through that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Japan does have a culture of applying themselves to everything really hard when it comes to learning something. English VA's wouldn't ever need to care for that stuff to the same degree since there's just a much bigger market for English VA's than any other language.

Now, for the last thing I listened to:
Cry Like A Ghost - Passion Pit

I haven't ever listened to any of their albums before and randomly decided to on Wednesday night when finishing up my final project for the semester. The ones I listened to were okay overall, but I really love the odd belter nestled in them like the one above. Grin
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Queens of the Stone Age -- Song For the Deaf (song)

I specify that it's the song because the album it's from is named "Songs For the Deaf", so it's easy to confuse. But yeah, hard driving guitar work, lovely harmonies, and Nick Oliveri screaming like a banshee. Brilliant piece of Alt Metal (I wanna call it Stoner Metal, but I am hesitant to) to cap off an album that's really all over the map. Shame we lost Mark Lanegan a few months back.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Queens of the Stone Age -- Song For the Deaf (song)

I specify that it's the song because the album it's from is named "Songs For the Deaf", so it's easy to confuse. But yeah, hard driving guitar work, lovely harmonies, and Nick Oliveri screaming like a banshee. Brilliant piece of Alt Metal (I wanna call it Stoner Metal, but I am hesitant to) to cap off an album that's really all over the map. Shame we lost Mark Lanegan a few months back.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 19th, 2022, 09:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Shame we lost Mark Lanegan a few months back.
Hadn't heard of this guy so looked him up, and I never would have known he was the lead singer on some of the songs from the "Songs for the Deaf" album without reading the fact. I always thought Josh Homme sung everything they did and didn't even really notice the vocalist was changing on some of the songs. Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 19th, 2022, 09:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Shame we lost Mark Lanegan a few months back.
Hadn't heard of this guy so looked him up, and I never would have known he was the lead singer on some of the songs from the "Songs for the Deaf" album without reading the fact. I always thought Josh Homme sung everything they did and didn't even really notice the vocalist was changing on some of the songs. Gasp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 159,361 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,914 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,931 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface