Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: Ah. Do you have Spotify or are you like EL and just rely on YouTube? XD

High School Never Ends - Bowling For Soup
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: Ah. Do you have Spotify or are you like EL and just rely on YouTube? XD

Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Bang Camaro (Album) - Bang Camaro

A very fun album by a band with a neat gimmick. So, aside fron the fact that they sound like an 80's band thrust into the late 00's (and if you don't believe me, their song "Swallow the Razor" uses the lyrics "Wine's fine, but whiskey's quicker" and "I chop my breakfast on a mirror", among several other 80's references), you'll note that the vocals sound very subdued and layered, as if the entire band is singing at once. In actuality, they don't have a lead singer, but a choir of about 10-12 singers, hence the vocal performance.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Bang Camaro (Album) - Bang Camaro

A very fun album by a band with a neat gimmick. So, aside fron the fact that they sound like an 80's band thrust into the late 00's (and if you don't believe me, their song "Swallow the Razor" uses the lyrics "Wine's fine, but whiskey's quicker" and "I chop my breakfast on a mirror", among several other 80's references), you'll note that the vocals sound very subdued and layered, as if the entire band is singing at once. In actuality, they don't have a lead singer, but a choir of about 10-12 singers, hence the vocal performance.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 23rd, 2022, 04:31 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I've never read the lyrics to "Master of Puppets" before and would have never guessed these lyrics were in that song. XD

Left Bank Two (Vision On Gallery Theme) - Wayne Hill

If you don't recognise this song from the name, it's one of those songs that you'd expect to hear in an elevator. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 23rd, 2022, 04:31 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I've never read the lyrics to "Master of Puppets" before and would have never guessed these lyrics were in that song. XD

Left Bank Two (Vision On Gallery Theme) - Wayne Hill

If you don't recognise this song from the name, it's one of those songs that you'd expect to hear in an elevator. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, given that the Master of Puppets is a cocaine addiction, it makes sense in that context. The song is rather explicitly about the effects of drug addiction on a person.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, given that the Master of Puppets is a cocaine addiction, it makes sense in that context. The song is rather explicitly about the effects of drug addiction on a person.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 25th, 2022, 10:55 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I actually didn't know that. I thought it was about slavery or something because I just took the name literally. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 25th, 2022, 10:55 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I actually didn't know that. I thought it was about slavery or something because I just took the name literally. XD
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Lyrics are your friend, Moony. This is the reason Semi-Charmed Life became a hit: no one actually listened to the lyrics, despite one of the lyrics literally being "Doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break"! So many times, a song has been used on vibe alone, only for people to point out "Uh, you may not want to be using that!"
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Lyrics are your friend, Moony. This is the reason Semi-Charmed Life became a hit: no one actually listened to the lyrics, despite one of the lyrics literally being "Doing crystal meth will lift you up until you break"! So many times, a song has been used on vibe alone, only for people to point out "Uh, you may not want to be using that!"
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, there's definitely been songs that I never noticed what the theme was really about even when I did know the lyrics. Like I never knew "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard was meant to be a sexual song yet I knew the words to it. XD
Normally the song needs to be hitting me on the head with the theme to know what it is actually singing about, like how "One" by Metallica makes it obvious it's about war due to the landmine comment. LOL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, there's definitely been songs that I never noticed what the theme was really about even when I did know the lyrics. Like I never knew "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard was meant to be a sexual song yet I knew the words to it. XD
Normally the song needs to be hitting me on the head with the theme to know what it is actually singing about, like how "One" by Metallica makes it obvious it's about war due to the landmine comment. LOL
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, One is actually way more specific than that. It's named that because it's supposed to take place in World War 1; the entire song is from the perspective of Johnny from Johnny Got His Gun (which is also the movie clips that play during the music video, if you've ever seen it. Fun fact: Metallica bought the rights to that movie just so they didn't have to pay royalties to use it). In the book, much like the song, Johnny loses all his limbs, his sight, his hearing, and his speech from a landmine. Pretty much the second most horrifying fate worse than death I can imagine (the first is Locked-In Syndrome, and if you don't know what that is, oh, you are in for the opposite of a treat! For the love of god, if that happens to me, kill me)! Other side note, that entire album sucks to listen to because they purposefully screwed their new bassist, Jason Newstead, over because he wasn't Cliff Burton. They treated his ass like dirt for 15 years, man! It's amazing he put up with it as long as he did.

Who Was In My Room Last Night -- Butthole Surfers

SO GLAD this was the song that introduced me to the Butthole Surfers, and not Pepper! This track is some sick noise rock.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, One is actually way more specific than that. It's named that because it's supposed to take place in World War 1; the entire song is from the perspective of Johnny from Johnny Got His Gun (which is also the movie clips that play during the music video, if you've ever seen it. Fun fact: Metallica bought the rights to that movie just so they didn't have to pay royalties to use it). In the book, much like the song, Johnny loses all his limbs, his sight, his hearing, and his speech from a landmine. Pretty much the second most horrifying fate worse than death I can imagine (the first is Locked-In Syndrome, and if you don't know what that is, oh, you are in for the opposite of a treat! For the love of god, if that happens to me, kill me)! Other side note, that entire album sucks to listen to because they purposefully screwed their new bassist, Jason Newstead, over because he wasn't Cliff Burton. They treated his ass like dirt for 15 years, man! It's amazing he put up with it as long as he did.

Who Was In My Room Last Night -- Butthole Surfers

SO GLAD this was the song that introduced me to the Butthole Surfers, and not Pepper! This track is some sick noise rock.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
one of m fav madonna songs.

welp, looks my chaos has interupted your conversation so Imma run amok else where. *runs amok* :p
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
one of m fav madonna songs.

welp, looks my chaos has interupted your conversation so Imma run amok else where. *runs amok* :p
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 20th, 2022, 09:16 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm lazy, so I just let YouTube do the work for me and make a playlist based on what I listen to a lot. 

2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Oct 20th, 2022, 09:16 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm lazy, so I just let YouTube do the work for me and make a playlist based on what I listen to a lot. 

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I knew it was for a WW1 victim but I didn't know the music video was using footage from a movie at all; I just thought it was original footage like for most music videos. Also knew about LIS, although didn't know about Jason Newstead, but that's because I rarely pay any attention to band members. Tongue

@Dragon Lord: Ah. I doubt you'd feel a need to switch but if Spotify ever interests you they put together playlists based on what you listen to as well filled with stuff you've listened to before and new things it recommends to you.

I would say what I last listened to on the plane trip to Texas but I can't remember what was playing. Suffer

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I knew it was for a WW1 victim but I didn't know the music video was using footage from a movie at all; I just thought it was original footage like for most music videos. Also knew about LIS, although didn't know about Jason Newstead, but that's because I rarely pay any attention to band members. Tongue

@Dragon Lord: Ah. I doubt you'd feel a need to switch but if Spotify ever interests you they put together playlists based on what you listen to as well filled with stuff you've listened to before and new things it recommends to you.

I would say what I last listened to on the plane trip to Texas but I can't remember what was playing. Suffer
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Disturbed - Unstoppable

After hearing this (and a number of times more), considering giving the new album a shot as I didn't get the album before.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Disturbed - Unstoppable

After hearing this (and a number of times more), considering giving the new album a shot as I didn't get the album before.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
A bunch of chess streams, since I got back into that lately.

(Nothing too serious... just Grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura getting mad at his own mistakes Tongue )
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 

(Nothing too serious... just Grandmaster Hikaru Nakamura getting mad at his own mistakes Tongue )
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 6th, 2022, 09:13 PM)Kyng Wrote:

I assume you were just listening to them and not watching?

One Step Closer - Linkin Park

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 6th, 2022, 09:13 PM)Kyng Wrote:

I assume you were just listening to them and not watching?

One Step Closer - Linkin Park
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
I last listened to Interpol - Obstacle 1. Interpol is a very underrated bands, one of my favorite of all time.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
I last listened to Interpol - Obstacle 1. Interpol is a very underrated bands, one of my favorite of all time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 158,955 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,899 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,928 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface