Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

@Moonface I just realized I forgot to answer a question you asked me about Bae's cover a couple of pages back. I don't know if music is something she wishes to pursue in life (I sadly don't catch her streams often, so I'm not sure if it's something she's ever talked about). I didn't even know she had a voice like that until one of her other cover songs came up on my YouTube playlist randomly when I was at work one night. I thought it was an actual anime song or something, so I checked my phone to see what the song was from and saw that it was a cover by Bae and was just absolutely blown away. You'd NEVER think she had that kind of talent if you listened to her voice during her streams. After that, I checked her other covers, and eventually found and fell in love with the song that I had posted.

This is the song that randomly came on my YouTube playlist if you're curious and want to hear even more of her gorgeous singing.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

@Moonface I just realized I forgot to answer a question you asked me about Bae's cover a couple of pages back. I don't know if music is something she wishes to pursue in life (I sadly don't catch her streams often, so I'm not sure if it's something she's ever talked about). I didn't even know she had a voice like that until one of her other cover songs came up on my YouTube playlist randomly when I was at work one night. I thought it was an actual anime song or something, so I checked my phone to see what the song was from and saw that it was a cover by Bae and was just absolutely blown away. You'd NEVER think she had that kind of talent if you listened to her voice during her streams. After that, I checked her other covers, and eventually found and fell in love with the song that I had posted.

This is the song that randomly came on my YouTube playlist if you're curious and want to hear even more of her gorgeous singing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 4th, 2023, 01:21 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Slip Away -- Dry Cell

Goddamn, I remember first hearing this song on Freekstyle on the PS2 nearly 20 years ago. Came to find it's basically impossible to find legitimately because the album it was on never had a full release. It's not even on Spotify, even in the crappy advance version that was released on iTunes, which has the ending where they fade the proper ending back into the verse riff. Thank you, bootleggers, for posting this song on Youtube for me to listen to.

...Need to buy that game again. It's only, like, 20 bucks on eBay with the book in it...
This scenario reminds me of the soundtrack made for Destruction Derby 2. The majority of it was made by a group called Jug, who were a small indie group that only ever released a single EP but the only place to get it from is their MySpace page. However, the EP features vocals whereas the in-game versions remove this, so finding the songs without vocals is only possible by either ripping them from the PS1 disc or somehow finding a copy of the PC version of the game and getting the files from there.

(Apr 6th, 2023, 04:58 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface  I just realized I forgot to answer a question you asked me about Bae's cover a couple of pages back. I don't know if music is something she wishes to pursue in life (I sadly don't catch her streams often, so I'm not sure if it's something she's ever talked about). I didn't even know she had a voice like that until one of her other cover songs came up on my YouTube playlist randomly when I was at work one night. I thought it was an actual anime song or something, so I checked my phone to see what the song was from and saw that it was a cover by Bae and was just absolutely blown away. You'd NEVER think she had that kind of talent if you listened to her voice during her streams. After that, I checked her other covers, and eventually found and fell in love with the song that I had posted.

I think a lot of singers are like that though, in regards to their regular voices not matching their singing ones. I find that tends to be common with heavy metal vocalists, who will be incredibly soft spoken but then scream into a microphone like their throat is being shoved full of glass shards and nails. XD

As for the last thing I listened to, it was this on my drive home from class:
Saccharine Smile - Donots

Still super happy this song had its region lock removed because when I first wanted to listen to it I wasn't able to due to region restrictions. Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 4th, 2023, 01:21 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Slip Away -- Dry Cell

Goddamn, I remember first hearing this song on Freekstyle on the PS2 nearly 20 years ago. Came to find it's basically impossible to find legitimately because the album it was on never had a full release. It's not even on Spotify, even in the crappy advance version that was released on iTunes, which has the ending where they fade the proper ending back into the verse riff. Thank you, bootleggers, for posting this song on Youtube for me to listen to.

...Need to buy that game again. It's only, like, 20 bucks on eBay with the book in it...
This scenario reminds me of the soundtrack made for Destruction Derby 2. The majority of it was made by a group called Jug, who were a small indie group that only ever released a single EP but the only place to get it from is their MySpace page. However, the EP features vocals whereas the in-game versions remove this, so finding the songs without vocals is only possible by either ripping them from the PS1 disc or somehow finding a copy of the PC version of the game and getting the files from there.

(Apr 6th, 2023, 04:58 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Moonface  I just realized I forgot to answer a question you asked me about Bae's cover a couple of pages back. I don't know if music is something she wishes to pursue in life (I sadly don't catch her streams often, so I'm not sure if it's something she's ever talked about). I didn't even know she had a voice like that until one of her other cover songs came up on my YouTube playlist randomly when I was at work one night. I thought it was an actual anime song or something, so I checked my phone to see what the song was from and saw that it was a cover by Bae and was just absolutely blown away. You'd NEVER think she had that kind of talent if you listened to her voice during her streams. After that, I checked her other covers, and eventually found and fell in love with the song that I had posted.

I think a lot of singers are like that though, in regards to their regular voices not matching their singing ones. I find that tends to be common with heavy metal vocalists, who will be incredibly soft spoken but then scream into a microphone like their throat is being shoved full of glass shards and nails. XD

As for the last thing I listened to, it was this on my drive home from class:
Saccharine Smile - Donots

Still super happy this song had its region lock removed because when I first wanted to listen to it I wasn't able to due to region restrictions. Sad
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Paralyzed -- Aviators feat. Lectro Dub

Not to be confused with Paralyzed by Mystery Skulls. This is a completely different song, and a pretty badass one, at that. Seriously, this is a fight scene song, but not a quick, super flashy one. This is a slow, deliberate, choreographed fight song, and it's so awesome to listen to. Buddy of mine tuned me into the song via our RP sessions, believe it or not lol.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

Not to be confused with Paralyzed by Mystery Skulls. This is a completely different song, and a pretty badass one, at that. Seriously, this is a fight scene song, but not a quick, super flashy one. This is a slow, deliberate, choreographed fight song, and it's so awesome to listen to. Buddy of mine tuned me into the song via our RP sessions, believe it or not lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 19th, 2023, 02:54 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Hadn't heard of either song before but checked out the Mystery Skulls one in case maybe I knew the song by sound and not name, but turns out I've simply never heard it either. Pretty decent listen actually, although amusingly my biggest takeaway is that the music video for the song has an aspect ratio I've never seen on a YouTube video before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdPupUIn...terySkulls

As for the other one, my mind started thinking of it in a game like Crypt of the Necrodancer once the lyrics and beat kicked in. Without the lyrics I wonder if it would work well as a menu theme for a game series like WipEout but I tend to think that about most songs with an electronic sound to them since that's the bread and butter of WipEout soundtracks. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 19th, 2023, 02:54 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Hadn't heard of either song before but checked out the Mystery Skulls one in case maybe I knew the song by sound and not name, but turns out I've simply never heard it either. Pretty decent listen actually, although amusingly my biggest takeaway is that the music video for the song has an aspect ratio I've never seen on a YouTube video before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdPupUIn...terySkulls

As for the other one, my mind started thinking of it in a game like Crypt of the Necrodancer once the lyrics and beat kicked in. Without the lyrics I wonder if it would work well as a menu theme for a game series like WipEout but I tend to think that about most songs with an electronic sound to them since that's the bread and butter of WipEout soundtracks. XD
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Moon River Climax Mix from Bayonetta 2! it's super catchy and stuck in my head again like when the game first released.

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Moon River Climax Mix from Bayonetta 2! it's super catchy and stuck in my head again like when the game first released.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Faceless Man - Creed

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Faceless Man - Creed
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Chaos Magic - Like Never Before

From my playlist, which is now on Seventh Wonder - I Carry The Blame while on my break.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Chaos Magic - Like Never Before

From my playlist, which is now on Seventh Wonder - I Carry The Blame while on my break.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Icky Thump - The White Stripes

Been a while since this came into my shuffle and I forgot how good this one line is. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Icky Thump - The White Stripes

Been a while since this came into my shuffle and I forgot how good this one line is. XD
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Bowsette -- The Chalkeaters feat. Meret Giddy and Nekro G

Like...I'm not sure how I should react to this. I found this song by pure accident, to be honest. I heard an unrelated joke about regretful tattoos, and had the random thought of "There has to be some jackass..." Turns out there has been multiple, but that's besides the point. So, I type in "Bowsette", and google immediately popped up this song, and like...why?

The song is...okay? Like, it's not bad, but it's not really that good, either. It's just...confusing.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Bowsette -- The Chalkeaters feat. Meret Giddy and Nekro G

Like...I'm not sure how I should react to this. I found this song by pure accident, to be honest. I heard an unrelated joke about regretful tattoos, and had the random thought of "There has to be some jackass..." Turns out there has been multiple, but that's besides the point. So, I type in "Bowsette", and google immediately popped up this song, and like...why?

The song is...okay? Like, it's not bad, but it's not really that good, either. It's just...confusing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2023, 07:48 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So, I type in "Bowsette", and google immediately popped up this song, and like...why?
You're a brave soul for typing that word into a Google search. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2023, 07:48 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So, I type in "Bowsette", and google immediately popped up this song, and like...why?
You're a brave soul for typing that word into a Google search. ROFL
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Please! That's what FurAffinity and DeviantArt are for.

But seriously, I didn't just type that in and hit enter. That song was the predictive search's recommendation!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

But seriously, I didn't just type that in and hit enter. That song was the predictive search's recommendation!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 25th, 2023, 12:13 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Assuming my predictive search wasn't influenced at all by the posts in this thread on it, I curiously typed in Bowsette into my search bar and the first result was "bowsette song" too, which would have got my curiosity piqued too if I saw it. Although my first assumption would've been someone did a Bowsette version of the Bowser song from the Super Mario Bros. Movie. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 25th, 2023, 12:13 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Assuming my predictive search wasn't influenced at all by the posts in this thread on it, I curiously typed in Bowsette into my search bar and the first result was "bowsette song" too, which would have got my curiosity piqued too if I saw it. Although my first assumption would've been someone did a Bowsette version of the Bowser song from the Super Mario Bros. Movie. ROFL
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Nah, this song existed about 3 or 4 years before the movie, so nothing to do with that. And this actually happens for pretty much every mainstream song, btw; if you type in a word or set of words that matches the name of a song, Google will automatically be like "are you looking for this song?" And will even give the most likely artist (which is frustrating when you are looking for a song that has the same name, but it's not a cover). This is just the first time I've seen it for a song that only had a Bandcamp and Youtube release (as far as I can find), so that's why I was caught off-guard.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Nah, this song existed about 3 or 4 years before the movie, so nothing to do with that. And this actually happens for pretty much every mainstream song, btw; if you type in a word or set of words that matches the name of a song, Google will automatically be like "are you looking for this song?" And will even give the most likely artist (which is frustrating when you are looking for a song that has the same name, but it's not a cover). This is just the first time I've seen it for a song that only had a Bandcamp and Youtube release (as far as I can find), so that's why I was caught off-guard.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 25th, 2023, 01:23 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
The song is on Apple Music so it is on a streaming service, and probably exclusive to Apple Music to explain its absence on Spotify.
I also didn't actually expect the song to be about actual Bowsette at this point for some reason so was surprised a little it actually is about the meme character. XD
As for the song itself....it's certainly...something. Seems best summed up as a shitpost song that got given a high production value. Mellow

Ignoring listening to some of that just now, last song I listened to was Figure.09 by Linkin Park. Which before now I always thought had a space before the . but it doesn't. Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 25th, 2023, 01:23 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
The song is on Apple Music so it is on a streaming service, and probably exclusive to Apple Music to explain its absence on Spotify.
I also didn't actually expect the song to be about actual Bowsette at this point for some reason so was surprised a little it actually is about the meme character. XD
As for the song itself....it's certainly...something. Seems best summed up as a shitpost song that got given a high production value. Mellow

Ignoring listening to some of that just now, last song I listened to was Figure.09 by Linkin Park. Which before now I always thought had a space before the . but it doesn't. Sweat
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, no, it's also on Spotify. Several versions of it, even (it got a remake in 2023, because there was a new animated video to go with it). But I don't consider that "releasing" a song. F***, Alex Melton is a Youtube cover artist, and his stuff is on Spotify. (And nothing from Lapfox Trax is on that f***ing site either!) And also, you have no idea how spot-on you are with describing it as a shitpost song, because the artist is self-described as an "overproduced shitpost band".
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, no, it's also on Spotify. Several versions of it, even (it got a remake in 2023, because there was a new animated video to go with it). But I don't consider that "releasing" a song. F***, Alex Melton is a Youtube cover artist, and his stuff is on Spotify. (And nothing from Lapfox Trax is on that f***ing site either!) And also, you have no idea how spot-on you are with describing it as a shitpost song, because the artist is self-described as an "overproduced shitpost band".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 158,946 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,894 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,928 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface