Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can't really recall how the original version is, but that cover was very good @Dragon Lord. The backing track at times reminds me of Seether's "Broken" too. I'll have to check out their Thunder Rolls cover too, although I suspect I won't know the original version of that either unless I just don't recognize the song by the name.
Did you just recently find them or something? I can't recall you ever mentioning State of Mine before now. Hmm

@Maniakkid25: That was.....certainly something. I listened to the Battle of New Orleans too because it came up as a recommendation and I'm debating whether to spend my night in that channel now. XD
I don't really know what "trap mix" means though. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can't really recall how the original version is, but that cover was very good @Dragon Lord. The backing track at times reminds me of Seether's "Broken" too. I'll have to check out their Thunder Rolls cover too, although I suspect I won't know the original version of that either unless I just don't recognize the song by the name.
Did you just recently find them or something? I can't recall you ever mentioning State of Mine before now. Hmm

@Maniakkid25: That was.....certainly something. I listened to the Battle of New Orleans too because it came up as a recommendation and I'm debating whether to spend my night in that channel now. XD
I don't really know what "trap mix" means though. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Trap refers to a style (well, two styles, but usually refers to one) of music commonly associated with hip hop, with complicated hi-hats and minimalist beats, with the vocal content usually being about drug use or violence (the name comes from the Atlanta slang for a drug house). If you listen to the percussion of that song, that's the style its trying to evoke. It's a bit of a meme to take random songs, and turn them into trap songs.

Speaking of memes!

Cirno's Perfect Math Class - IOSYS

It may not be Baka Day (⑨/⑨), but I have been inspired to listen to it after finding out its on Taiko No Tatsujin! Ah, Touhou memes. So fun.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Trap refers to a style (well, two styles, but usually refers to one) of music commonly associated with hip hop, with complicated hi-hats and minimalist beats, with the vocal content usually being about drug use or violence (the name comes from the Atlanta slang for a drug house). If you listen to the percussion of that song, that's the style its trying to evoke. It's a bit of a meme to take random songs, and turn them into trap songs.

Speaking of memes!

Cirno's Perfect Math Class - IOSYS

It may not be Baka Day (⑨/⑨), but I have been inspired to listen to it after finding out its on Taiko No Tatsujin! Ah, Touhou memes. So fun.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
"Beat it" by Michael Jackson.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
"Beat it" by Michael Jackson.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 8th, 2022, 02:38 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. I knew trap was associated with drug houses but didn't realise it was connected to the musical term. Tongue

TIL there's a Baka Day, although Google isn't doing a good job telling me exactly what it is (it can't even give me a result with the correct date either apparently). And ooh, Taiko No Tatsujin looked so much fun when I saw it at an arcade a few months ago. Grin Never got the chance to play it though and it super sucks the games aren't in the west with the drums included to play at home. Sad

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. I knew trap was associated with drug houses but didn't realise it was connected to the musical term. Tongue

TIL there's a Baka Day, although Google isn't doing a good job telling me exactly what it is (it can't even give me a result with the correct date either apparently). And ooh, Taiko No Tatsujin looked so much fun when I saw it at an arcade a few months ago. Grin Never got the chance to play it though and it super sucks the games aren't in the west with the drums included to play at home. Sad
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, I imagine it's easier with the drums. It seems the only way to get the drumkit on Amazon is to buy the bundled Switch or PS4 version, which is annoying because I have the Xbone version.

It's not actually called "Baka Day", which is why you couldn't find anything. It's called "Cirno Day", but I called it "Baka Day" because Cirno is Baka. Why is Cirno Baka? Long story, but it's basically an instruction manual joke. Since that day, she has been inseperable from the Nineball (⑨), as well as being a Baka. She may be number ⑨, but she will always be number 1 in my heart.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, I imagine it's easier with the drums. It seems the only way to get the drumkit on Amazon is to buy the bundled Switch or PS4 version, which is annoying because I have the Xbone version.

It's not actually called "Baka Day", which is why you couldn't find anything. It's called "Cirno Day", but I called it "Baka Day" because Cirno is Baka. Why is Cirno Baka? Long story, but it's basically an instruction manual joke. Since that day, she has been inseperable from the Nineball (⑨), as well as being a Baka. She may be number ⑨, but she will always be number 1 in my heart.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
@Moonface - "Broken" is another song I love too, haha. I think I discovered State of Mine in... early 2021 or late 2020, can't quite remember, when I was looking up another cover of "Thunder Rolls." Theirs came up instead, and I decided to listen to it even though it wasn't the one I was looking for, and boy am I glad it did. It's 10000000% better than the one I was searching for.

2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
@Moonface - "Broken" is another song I love too, haha. I think I discovered State of Mine in... early 2021 or late 2020, can't quite remember, when I was looking up another cover of "Thunder Rolls." Theirs came up instead, and I decided to listen to it even though it wasn't the one I was looking for, and boy am I glad it did. It's 10000000% better than the one I was searching for.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
A View From the End of the World (album) -Machinae [sic] Supremacy

Why is it that Scandanavia gets all the cool Metal bands? Between Apocalyptica, Sabaton, and this group, I'm feeling seriously cheated.

Machinae Supremacy (MaSu for short) is a Euro Power Metsl/Chiptune (?!) band that has long had a symbiotic relationship with the gaming underground. So symbiotic, in fact, that it created their signature sound. See, rather than use a standard keyboard synth, they have a SIDStation. Why is it called that? Because it uses the 6581 SID sound chip, of course! ...Yeah, that means nothing unless you're a hardcore 80's tech nerd, which means you know it's the same sound chip used in the venerable Commodore 64. AH! That's why that Chiptune bit is there!

So, yeah, it's a standard Power Metal line-up, but combined with the charming blips and squeaks of an 8-bit sound chip. And I wasn't joking about them being symbiotic with the gaming underground; with tracks on games like In the Groove and Giana Sister's Twisted Dreams, this is definitely one of those bands that if you were on the know, you knew MaSu.

That being said, they are not all Video Game in-jokes. This is a brutal album about a lot of dark things, and the title track right at the start sets the tone by being about how religious zealousness being a blight on the world that will destroy us all, ending that track with ACTUAL US ARMED FORCES radio chatter documenting a Predator Hellfire strike that killed 2 Reuters journalists, among many other civilians.

YEAH! THIS ALBUM IS DARK!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
A View From the End of the World (album) -Machinae [sic] Supremacy

Why is it that Scandanavia gets all the cool Metal bands? Between Apocalyptica, Sabaton, and this group, I'm feeling seriously cheated.

Machinae Supremacy (MaSu for short) is a Euro Power Metsl/Chiptune (?!) band that has long had a symbiotic relationship with the gaming underground. So symbiotic, in fact, that it created their signature sound. See, rather than use a standard keyboard synth, they have a SIDStation. Why is it called that? Because it uses the 6581 SID sound chip, of course! ...Yeah, that means nothing unless you're a hardcore 80's tech nerd, which means you know it's the same sound chip used in the venerable Commodore 64. AH! That's why that Chiptune bit is there!

So, yeah, it's a standard Power Metal line-up, but combined with the charming blips and squeaks of an 8-bit sound chip. And I wasn't joking about them being symbiotic with the gaming underground; with tracks on games like In the Groove and Giana Sister's Twisted Dreams, this is definitely one of those bands that if you were on the know, you knew MaSu.

That being said, they are not all Video Game in-jokes. This is a brutal album about a lot of dark things, and the title track right at the start sets the tone by being about how religious zealousness being a blight on the world that will destroy us all, ending that track with ACTUAL US ARMED FORCES radio chatter documenting a Predator Hellfire strike that killed 2 Reuters journalists, among many other civilians.

YEAH! THIS ALBUM IS DARK!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mein - Deftones

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mein - Deftones
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell

I didn't realize this was on Spotify and it's really neat that it is! The song is such a banger.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell

I didn't realize this was on Spotify and it's really neat that it is! The song is such a banger.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Judas - Fozzy

I wish this band didn't sound like utter garbage because the song would be good otherwise. I was curious about it after hearing it sang to at AEW Revolution that I attended this past weekend, and it being sang by a crowd in an arena is the only way it sounds good because Jericho just can't sing for shit and slaps too much auto tune on.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Judas - Fozzy

I wish this band didn't sound like utter garbage because the song would be good otherwise. I was curious about it after hearing it sang to at AEW Revolution that I attended this past weekend, and it being sang by a crowd in an arena is the only way it sounds good because Jericho just can't sing for shit and slaps too much auto tune on.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 11th, 2022, 09:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I forgot to reply to this. What was the version you were looking for before? Also did that method of discovery cause you to check out more covers of songs from artists you weren't looking for or not really?

As for the last thing I listened to, it was "Now I Lay Thee Down" by Machine Head.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 11th, 2022, 09:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I forgot to reply to this. What was the version you were looking for before? Also did that method of discovery cause you to check out more covers of songs from artists you weren't looking for or not really?

As for the last thing I listened to, it was "Now I Lay Thee Down" by Machine Head.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 158,508 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,857 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,920 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface