Do you have multiple copies of the same game?
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
So does anyone have multiple copies of a game? If so, what game, and how many, and why?

I generally don't buy more than one copy of a game, but in this case, I have three weird occurrences. 

Kya: Dark Lineage

The most copies I have of a single game is 4, and it is Kya: Dark Lineage! I do however have a reasonable explanation, and no one needs to call someone to get my head examined!! 

1. Copy #1. Is my original copy, that I got with my dad in 2004. 
2. In 2008, my house got robbed, and they stole a bunch of games and the ps2! This included my copy of Kya, so I got another copy at the store. (The items were later retrieved, so I had two.) Eventually, I gave this copy to my brother, even though he just plays computer games these days.
3. This copy, I got for my cousin, because he played it at my house once. But he left it at my grandma's house, so I just took it back.
4. This one is the most annoying situation!!! I was on Amazon, and It said there was a special addition version of Kya, with a special artbook, so I was like all up in that.. and I got it! 
However, it was not a special addition, it was just a version that said blockbuster all over it, and had nothing new to it. 

The second game I have two of.. is 

Champions Return to Arms, or Champions Norrath, I'm not sure which one it is. But Champions Norrath is the first game, and Return to arms is the second game.

1. The first copy disappeared.
2. I got a new copy, then found the first one... 
1. Then I got Champions Norrath, which also later disappeared.

I have no luck with that series it seems. I have an idea one where it is, but if it is where I think it is.. it's behind a really big, and heavy cabinet thing.. 

Chrono Cross

1. My first copy, the first disc "magically" disappeared while my so called friend was over (I was aware that his copy wasn't working anymore). I still had disc 2.
2. Almost 10 years later, I got a new copy on amazon. Which didn't work, and they refunded my money, but did not ask for it back (Which I thought was weird.).
3. Another copy I got off of Amazon that does work.

Ironically, I doubt my so called friend even plays the game anymore. 

My extra copies have had all interesting occurrences... lol

Have you gotten more than one copy of a game?

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
So does anyone have multiple copies of a game? If so, what game, and how many, and why?

I generally don't buy more than one copy of a game, but in this case, I have three weird occurrences. 

Kya: Dark Lineage

The most copies I have of a single game is 4, and it is Kya: Dark Lineage! I do however have a reasonable explanation, and no one needs to call someone to get my head examined!! 

1. Copy #1. Is my original copy, that I got with my dad in 2004. 
2. In 2008, my house got robbed, and they stole a bunch of games and the ps2! This included my copy of Kya, so I got another copy at the store. (The items were later retrieved, so I had two.) Eventually, I gave this copy to my brother, even though he just plays computer games these days.
3. This copy, I got for my cousin, because he played it at my house once. But he left it at my grandma's house, so I just took it back.
4. This one is the most annoying situation!!! I was on Amazon, and It said there was a special addition version of Kya, with a special artbook, so I was like all up in that.. and I got it! 
However, it was not a special addition, it was just a version that said blockbuster all over it, and had nothing new to it. 

The second game I have two of.. is 

Champions Return to Arms, or Champions Norrath, I'm not sure which one it is. But Champions Norrath is the first game, and Return to arms is the second game.

1. The first copy disappeared.
2. I got a new copy, then found the first one... 
1. Then I got Champions Norrath, which also later disappeared.

I have no luck with that series it seems. I have an idea one where it is, but if it is where I think it is.. it's behind a really big, and heavy cabinet thing.. 

Chrono Cross

1. My first copy, the first disc "magically" disappeared while my so called friend was over (I was aware that his copy wasn't working anymore). I still had disc 2.
2. Almost 10 years later, I got a new copy on amazon. Which didn't work, and they refunded my money, but did not ask for it back (Which I thought was weird.).
3. Another copy I got off of Amazon that does work.

Ironically, I doubt my so called friend even plays the game anymore. 

My extra copies have had all interesting occurrences... lol

Have you gotten more than one copy of a game?
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Very interesting topic, my friend.

I happen to own two copies of International Super Star Soccer Deluxe for SEGA Genesis and one copy for Super Nintendo. Didn't even want to buy the SNES one at first, but it was on such heavy discount, it would have been sinful not to do it.

As for why in the world would I own two Genesis ones, well... I had one and bought the second one from my friend after he was done with his Genesis Model 2 (and I eventually bought that from him too).
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Very interesting topic, my friend.

I happen to own two copies of International Super Star Soccer Deluxe for SEGA Genesis and one copy for Super Nintendo. Didn't even want to buy the SNES one at first, but it was on such heavy discount, it would have been sinful not to do it.

As for why in the world would I own two Genesis ones, well... I had one and bought the second one from my friend after he was done with his Genesis Model 2 (and I eventually bought that from him too).
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Going off of memory here
Age of Empires 2 complete collection/HD: I had to get a second copy because my brother broke the CD long ago, then when HD was release I got that (I have no idea where most of my CDs are TBH)

Star Wars Battlefront 2: I got my second copy when Steam had a huge sale on the complete Star Wars Collection
XWing Vs TIE Fighter: See above
Rebel Alliance 1+2: See Above
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (AOE II clone): See Above
Star Wars Empire At War: See Above
Star Wars Dark Forces / Jedi Knight saga (excluding the expansion pack to DF II: JK as I never had it) See Above
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3D: See above

Wallenstein 3D: I actually own multiple copies (more then 2) I have no idea where the Floppy is, but I had it for my iPod Touch, then Steam most likely more too

GTA IV: I originally had the retail version then when realized that Games for Windows Live Sucked ass, got the steam version when the (at the time) Complete GTA Collection was on sale (GTA I - IV with stories, it sadly didn't include the London ones)

Burnout Ultimate Paradise: The Humble Bundle came with Origin and Steam Keys
Crisis 2: See above

Battlefield 1942, I had the retail package that included BF:Vietnam Redux then EA released 1942 for free

Fallout I know I had it on GOG but its also in my steam account too now.

I guess this counts technically Red Fraction Guerilla (re-mars-terded ) apparently any one who had the original on steam got the remastered edition for free (great customer service there)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Because I bought the Wolfpack which had every (sans one) ID Wolf game (I really wish it had Wolf2k9 in it... because I have no idea where my DVD For it is, and its basically lost media at this point)

Again kind of a technicality here, Rise of the Triad both classic and remake (and the remake is for the most part classic which is why I am saying it is "one")

Wither 1 and 2 : Because GOG was giving out keys for GOG for people with Steam keys

Sims 2: EA released Sims 2 for free on Origin for people who had the Sims 2 on CD/DVD

Brutal Legend GOG was giving it for free for any one who had it on Steam

Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2: No idea where my floppies went (and well Floppies in 20xx)

Carmageddon TDR 2000 showed up in GOG at some point also have the fireTV verson

DEFCON and Darawina Again GOG Promo for steam owners

Empire Earth Gold GOG free promo

Limbo: Gog and Steam no idea I don't even remember buying or a free promo for this game

Saints Row 2,3,4, Gat Outta Hell: GOG Promo for Steam Owners

Unreal Gold: Both Steam and GOG had a free promo

Tryan2000 had this game as a kid, then later was released for free so every download counts? Also it is one of the free starter games you get when you make a GOG account.

As you can most likely see most of my multiple copies stem from pre digital stores then converting over to digital stores along with free promos.

I know there are more but I can't check my uPlay (eww) or Origin (eww) Accounts, so Im assuming the Steam games I have such as Far Cry 3 + expansion are also double as I could use uPlay, same with the few EA games I have on steam (as they were though a Humble Bundle that included Steam and Origin codes)

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Going off of memory here
Age of Empires 2 complete collection/HD: I had to get a second copy because my brother broke the CD long ago, then when HD was release I got that (I have no idea where most of my CDs are TBH)

Star Wars Battlefront 2: I got my second copy when Steam had a huge sale on the complete Star Wars Collection
XWing Vs TIE Fighter: See above
Rebel Alliance 1+2: See Above
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (AOE II clone): See Above
Star Wars Empire At War: See Above
Star Wars Dark Forces / Jedi Knight saga (excluding the expansion pack to DF II: JK as I never had it) See Above
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3D: See above

Wallenstein 3D: I actually own multiple copies (more then 2) I have no idea where the Floppy is, but I had it for my iPod Touch, then Steam most likely more too

GTA IV: I originally had the retail version then when realized that Games for Windows Live Sucked ass, got the steam version when the (at the time) Complete GTA Collection was on sale (GTA I - IV with stories, it sadly didn't include the London ones)

Burnout Ultimate Paradise: The Humble Bundle came with Origin and Steam Keys
Crisis 2: See above

Battlefield 1942, I had the retail package that included BF:Vietnam Redux then EA released 1942 for free

Fallout I know I had it on GOG but its also in my steam account too now.

I guess this counts technically Red Fraction Guerilla (re-mars-terded ) apparently any one who had the original on steam got the remastered edition for free (great customer service there)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Because I bought the Wolfpack which had every (sans one) ID Wolf game (I really wish it had Wolf2k9 in it... because I have no idea where my DVD For it is, and its basically lost media at this point)

Again kind of a technicality here, Rise of the Triad both classic and remake (and the remake is for the most part classic which is why I am saying it is "one")

Wither 1 and 2 : Because GOG was giving out keys for GOG for people with Steam keys

Sims 2: EA released Sims 2 for free on Origin for people who had the Sims 2 on CD/DVD

Brutal Legend GOG was giving it for free for any one who had it on Steam

Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2: No idea where my floppies went (and well Floppies in 20xx)

Carmageddon TDR 2000 showed up in GOG at some point also have the fireTV verson

DEFCON and Darawina Again GOG Promo for steam owners

Empire Earth Gold GOG free promo

Limbo: Gog and Steam no idea I don't even remember buying or a free promo for this game

Saints Row 2,3,4, Gat Outta Hell: GOG Promo for Steam Owners

Unreal Gold: Both Steam and GOG had a free promo

Tryan2000 had this game as a kid, then later was released for free so every download counts? Also it is one of the free starter games you get when you make a GOG account.

As you can most likely see most of my multiple copies stem from pre digital stores then converting over to digital stores along with free promos.

I know there are more but I can't check my uPlay (eww) or Origin (eww) Accounts, so Im assuming the Steam games I have such as Far Cry 3 + expansion are also double as I could use uPlay, same with the few EA games I have on steam (as they were though a Humble Bundle that included Steam and Origin codes)
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Hmmm. Probably Persona 3.

Bought the vanilla, then FES (physical and digital on ps3), and P3P (physical and digital for my vita).

Bought 2 copies of Final Fantasy XII because my original got scratched up by my sister after an argument.

Uhhh two copies of DmC (one physical and one free from ps+)

i think that's it.

I'm sure I'll remember more right after I post those lololol
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Hmmm. Probably Persona 3.

Bought the vanilla, then FES (physical and digital on ps3), and P3P (physical and digital for my vita).

Bought 2 copies of Final Fantasy XII because my original got scratched up by my sister after an argument.

Uhhh two copies of DmC (one physical and one free from ps+)

i think that's it.

I'm sure I'll remember more right after I post those lololol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh man, I don't even know where to start...

Dark Souls (4) - PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Steam
Dark Souls II (3) - PS3, PS4, Xbox 360
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (3) - PS3, PS4, Xbox 360
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (2) - PS3, Xbox 360
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (2) - Vita, Steam
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (2) - Vita, Steam
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 (2) - Vita, Steam
Megadimension Neptunia VII (2) - PS4, Steam
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (2) - Vita, Steam
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (2) - Vita, Steam
MegaTagmension Black + Neptune vs Zombies (2) - Vita, Steam
Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (2) - Vita, Steam
Fairy Fencer F (2) - PS3, Steam
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (2) - PS4, Steam
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (2) - PSP, Steam
Tales of Symphonia (2) - Gamecube, PS3
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (2) - PS3, Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (3) - PS3, PS3 (Japanese copy), Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X (2) - PS4, Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (2) - PS4, PS4 (Japanese physical release)
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (2) - PS3, Vita
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (2) - PS3, Vita
Ar no surge: Ode to an Unborn Star (2) - PS3, Vita
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (2) - PS4, Steam
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (2) - PS4, Vita
Dishonored (2) - PS4, Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2) - PS4, Xbox 360
Revenant Saga (2) - PS4, Vita
Cosmic Star Heroine (2) - PS4, Vita
Xenon Valkyrie+ (2) - PS4, Vita
Ys Origin (3) - PS4, Vita, Steam
A Rose in the Twilight (2) - Vita, Steam
Final Fantasy VII (5) - PS1, PS3, PS4, PC, Steam
Final Fantasy VIII (2) - PS1, PS3
Final Fantasy IX (4) - PS1, PS3, PS4, Steam
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMiX (2) - PS3, PS4
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix (2) - PS3, PS4
Criminal Girls: Invite Only (2) - Vita, Steam
I Am Setsuna (2) - PS4, Steam
Trillion: God of Destruction (2) - Vita, Steam
Dark Cloud 2 (2) - PS2, PS4
Croixleur Sigma (2) - PS4 (Bought it digitally when it originally released, then bought a physical copy when Limited Run Games did their release)
Dust: An Elysian Tail (2) - PS4, Xbox 360
Shovel Knight (2) - Vita, 3DS
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (2) - Vita, Steam
Final Fantasy X HD (2) - PS3, PS4
Antiquia Lost (2) - PS4, Vita
Monster Monpiece (2) - Vita, Steam
Omega Quintet (2) - PS4, Steam
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (2) - PS3, Vita
Chrono Cross (2) - PS1, PS3
Chrono Trigger (2) - PS1, DS

...And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few games I've purchased at least twice. There's a lot more I plan to add to this last as well. I still need to pick up Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online on Steam, Trails of Cold Steel and Trails of Cold Steel II on Steam, probably going to pick up Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Steam as well. Once LRG does their Rabi-Ribi release, I'll have three copies of that (PS4, Vita, Steam). Plus a whole lot more that I'm completely forgetting.

I also didn't include games that I have twice, but one version has extras over the other. Like Tokyo Xanadu eX+ having additional content over the Vita version, or the PS4 version of Ys VIII having additional content that the Vita version doesn't. So you could add those to this list as well. I could include Persona 3 as well, since I purchased both P3FES and P3P, but both versions have different content, so I didn't. 

I double/triple/quad dip quite a lot.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh man, I don't even know where to start...

Dark Souls (4) - PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Steam
Dark Souls II (3) - PS3, PS4, Xbox 360
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (3) - PS3, PS4, Xbox 360
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (2) - PS3, Xbox 360
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (2) - Vita, Steam
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (2) - Vita, Steam
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 (2) - Vita, Steam
Megadimension Neptunia VII (2) - PS4, Steam
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (2) - Vita, Steam
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (2) - Vita, Steam
MegaTagmension Black + Neptune vs Zombies (2) - Vita, Steam
Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (2) - Vita, Steam
Fairy Fencer F (2) - PS3, Steam
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (2) - PS4, Steam
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (2) - PSP, Steam
Tales of Symphonia (2) - Gamecube, PS3
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (2) - PS3, Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (3) - PS3, PS3 (Japanese copy), Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X (2) - PS4, Vita
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (2) - PS4, PS4 (Japanese physical release)
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (2) - PS3, Vita
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (2) - PS3, Vita
Ar no surge: Ode to an Unborn Star (2) - PS3, Vita
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (2) - PS4, Steam
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (2) - PS4, Vita
Dishonored (2) - PS4, Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2) - PS4, Xbox 360
Revenant Saga (2) - PS4, Vita
Cosmic Star Heroine (2) - PS4, Vita
Xenon Valkyrie+ (2) - PS4, Vita
Ys Origin (3) - PS4, Vita, Steam
A Rose in the Twilight (2) - Vita, Steam
Final Fantasy VII (5) - PS1, PS3, PS4, PC, Steam
Final Fantasy VIII (2) - PS1, PS3
Final Fantasy IX (4) - PS1, PS3, PS4, Steam
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMiX (2) - PS3, PS4
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix (2) - PS3, PS4
Criminal Girls: Invite Only (2) - Vita, Steam
I Am Setsuna (2) - PS4, Steam
Trillion: God of Destruction (2) - Vita, Steam
Dark Cloud 2 (2) - PS2, PS4
Croixleur Sigma (2) - PS4 (Bought it digitally when it originally released, then bought a physical copy when Limited Run Games did their release)
Dust: An Elysian Tail (2) - PS4, Xbox 360
Shovel Knight (2) - Vita, 3DS
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (2) - Vita, Steam
Final Fantasy X HD (2) - PS3, PS4
Antiquia Lost (2) - PS4, Vita
Monster Monpiece (2) - Vita, Steam
Omega Quintet (2) - PS4, Steam
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (2) - PS3, Vita
Chrono Cross (2) - PS1, PS3
Chrono Trigger (2) - PS1, DS

...And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few games I've purchased at least twice. There's a lot more I plan to add to this last as well. I still need to pick up Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online on Steam, Trails of Cold Steel and Trails of Cold Steel II on Steam, probably going to pick up Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Steam as well. Once LRG does their Rabi-Ribi release, I'll have three copies of that (PS4, Vita, Steam). Plus a whole lot more that I'm completely forgetting.

I also didn't include games that I have twice, but one version has extras over the other. Like Tokyo Xanadu eX+ having additional content over the Vita version, or the PS4 version of Ys VIII having additional content that the Vita version doesn't. So you could add those to this list as well. I could include Persona 3 as well, since I purchased both P3FES and P3P, but both versions have different content, so I didn't. 

I double/triple/quad dip quite a lot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The only games I've bought multiple copies of are Crash Team Racing, which I have on PS1 but also bought on PS3 to play it with Shira, and Dying Light which I did only because it was cheaper to buy the game and it's DLC again than just buying the DLC.

Otherwise it's just to replace copies of games that no longer work. Can't think of many instances that I even felt the need to buy a game I already own again. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The only games I've bought multiple copies of are Crash Team Racing, which I have on PS1 but also bought on PS3 to play it with Shira, and Dying Light which I did only because it was cheaper to buy the game and it's DLC again than just buying the DLC.

Otherwise it's just to replace copies of games that no longer work. Can't think of many instances that I even felt the need to buy a game I already own again. Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I remembered a few that I missed.

I actually own three copies of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I have a Vita copy in addition to having PS3 and PS4 copies. I also forget that I own three copies of Fallen Legion - PS4, Vita and Switch.

Why did I buy a Switch copy when I don't have a Switch? Because it was the only way to get the Limited Edition of the game that NISA was releasing. Then the PS4 and Vita copies came from Limited Run Games. Though seeing as the PS4 and Vita versions of Fallen Legion are different stories, maybe they don't count, because it's not really the same exact game.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I remembered a few that I missed.

I actually own three copies of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I have a Vita copy in addition to having PS3 and PS4 copies. I also forget that I own three copies of Fallen Legion - PS4, Vita and Switch.

Why did I buy a Switch copy when I don't have a Switch? Because it was the only way to get the Limited Edition of the game that NISA was releasing. Then the PS4 and Vita copies came from Limited Run Games. Though seeing as the PS4 and Vita versions of Fallen Legion are different stories, maybe they don't count, because it's not really the same exact game.
Grungie Offline
Newcomer
XP: 153
Outside of remakes/ports (or digital then bought physical), the only game I legit have two copies of is Final Fantasy X. My copy was scratched and it froze during the cutscene before you fight Yunalesca, making the game impossible to beat. So I went out and bought a copy at Gamestop for like $7, this was during the last days of them selling PS2 games in 2013.

So yeah, I just never threw out my scratched FFX copy.
Grungie Offline
Newcomer
XP: 153
Outside of remakes/ports (or digital then bought physical), the only game I legit have two copies of is Final Fantasy X. My copy was scratched and it froze during the cutscene before you fight Yunalesca, making the game impossible to beat. So I went out and bought a copy at Gamestop for like $7, this was during the last days of them selling PS2 games in 2013.

So yeah, I just never threw out my scratched FFX copy.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Only a few games, most being later releases for games. Only two I know that I (or rather we as in my brother) bought the exact same game.

Tekken 3, twice. Dad got us the first copy. Something happened to it, like the box got ruined and that the disc was bad later on. Brother got second copy to replace.

Super Paper Mario, twice. First copy I got from my local store, when they actually sold Nintendo games there. I encountered the Chapter 2-2 glitch, and thinking it was the game crashing every time since I never figured how to not get the freeze. Returned my game, got refunded and some days later got the game again from HMV in another town (city now, Chelmsford). Found out how to avoid the glitch by needing to have a key when talking to Mimi. Didn't need to take my first copy back afterall. XD Although, that was a silly glitch.

Tekken Tag Tournament, twice. Original on the PS2. Second was the HD PS3 digital copy from the Tekken Hybrid disc, which included this, Blood Vengeance and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue.

Dragon's Dogma, three times. First the PS3 vanilla version, brother got it for my birthday. Second, for the Dark Arisen expansion. I was so against getting expansion versions, but since I loved playing through the vanilla, I thought what the hell, I'll get it. Third, the PS4 HD version.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, twice. The original GBA cartridge. Then more recently the 3DS Bowser's Minions remake.

Don't know if there's any others I've forgotten. These are the ones I do remember though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Only a few games, most being later releases for games. Only two I know that I (or rather we as in my brother) bought the exact same game.

Tekken 3, twice. Dad got us the first copy. Something happened to it, like the box got ruined and that the disc was bad later on. Brother got second copy to replace.

Super Paper Mario, twice. First copy I got from my local store, when they actually sold Nintendo games there. I encountered the Chapter 2-2 glitch, and thinking it was the game crashing every time since I never figured how to not get the freeze. Returned my game, got refunded and some days later got the game again from HMV in another town (city now, Chelmsford). Found out how to avoid the glitch by needing to have a key when talking to Mimi. Didn't need to take my first copy back afterall. XD Although, that was a silly glitch.

Tekken Tag Tournament, twice. Original on the PS2. Second was the HD PS3 digital copy from the Tekken Hybrid disc, which included this, Blood Vengeance and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue.

Dragon's Dogma, three times. First the PS3 vanilla version, brother got it for my birthday. Second, for the Dark Arisen expansion. I was so against getting expansion versions, but since I loved playing through the vanilla, I thought what the hell, I'll get it. Third, the PS4 HD version.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, twice. The original GBA cartridge. Then more recently the 3DS Bowser's Minions remake.

Don't know if there's any others I've forgotten. These are the ones I do remember though.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I have multiple copies of:
  • LEGO Racers (Disc broke, got another one to replace it);
  • Chris Sawyer's Locomotion (Old disc didn't run on my new computer, even in Compatibility Mode, so got a new one);
  • Railroad Tycoon II (Disc broke, so I got a Steam copy to replace it).
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
  • LEGO Racers (Disc broke, got another one to replace it);
  • Chris Sawyer's Locomotion (Old disc didn't run on my new computer, even in Compatibility Mode, so got a new one);
  • Railroad Tycoon II (Disc broke, so I got a Steam copy to replace it).
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 14th, 2018, 03:01 AM)Kyng Wrote:

And I misread the post, I R STUPID

If you want to pay 6 USD for it its on GOG
https://www.gog.com/game/chris_sawyers_locomotion

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 14th, 2018, 03:01 AM)Kyng Wrote:

And I misread the post, I R STUPID

If you want to pay 6 USD for it its on GOG
https://www.gog.com/game/chris_sawyers_locomotion
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I have a few crossover seventh gen and eighth gen games such as GTA V for the 360 and PS4.

I also have some PS2 games that I re-purchased for the PS4 as retro series.

But normally I just buy a game once. That is until I trade it in and end up wanting it back.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I have a few crossover seventh gen and eighth gen games such as GTA V for the 360 and PS4.

I also have some PS2 games that I re-purchased for the PS4 as retro series.

But normally I just buy a game once. That is until I trade it in and end up wanting it back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface