Preferred D-Pad Style?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,822
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: 0XUycIT.png]

I know there's more than those three, but most probably fall into one of those. People will usually share what controller (layout) they prefer, but a lot of the time the D-Pad is one thing that has a lot of variety to it compared to things like the face buttons or the analog sticks. So, what style of D-Pad is your preferred one?

For me I love any D-Pad where the buttons are all separated like on PlayStation controllers or the Switch Joy-Cons. They're way more accurate if you need to do precise directional inputs. I've tried playing games like Tetris 99 with controllers that have a connected D-Pad style and I'll make way more mistakes than when I play the same games with the separated D-Pad.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,822 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: 0XUycIT.png]

I know there's more than those three, but most probably fall into one of those. People will usually share what controller (layout) they prefer, but a lot of the time the D-Pad is one thing that has a lot of variety to it compared to things like the face buttons or the analog sticks. So, what style of D-Pad is your preferred one?

For me I love any D-Pad where the buttons are all separated like on PlayStation controllers or the Switch Joy-Cons. They're way more accurate if you need to do precise directional inputs. I've tried playing games like Tetris 99 with controllers that have a connected D-Pad style and I'll make way more mistakes than when I play the same games with the separated D-Pad.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,866
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Cross or Separated is what I prefer. After trying to play fighting games on an Xbox 360 controller, I hate "shield" d-pads with a firey passion. So many times that moves just wouldn't register because I input the d-pad in such a way to fat finger corner inputs, and it is VERY annoying considering I'm bad at fighting games to start with!
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,866 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Cross or Separated is what I prefer. After trying to play fighting games on an Xbox 360 controller, I hate "shield" d-pads with a firey passion. So many times that moves just wouldn't register because I input the d-pad in such a way to fat finger corner inputs, and it is VERY annoying considering I'm bad at fighting games to start with!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I do prefer the separated button d-pad, but can use the connected ones almost as well as really. The location of a d-pad however, I prefer them to be where a PlayStation controller usually has it than where say Nintendo's controllers are, although you're most likely mainly using the analog stick anyway so it doesn't matter too much.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I do prefer the separated button d-pad, but can use the connected ones almost as well as really. The location of a d-pad however, I prefer them to be where a PlayStation controller usually has it than where say Nintendo's controllers are, although you're most likely mainly using the analog stick anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Would You Want On Other Classic-Style Console Releases? Moonface 7 7,066 Jun 1st, 2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Moonface