Seasonal activities?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Are there any seasonal activities that are popular in your region during one specific time of year?

Maybe a festival comes to town every June (for example)?

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Are there any seasonal activities that are popular in your region during one specific time of year?

Maybe a festival comes to town every June (for example)?

[Image: 200.gif]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not where I currently am but because it is just for the UK and not outside it, and isn't really as well known compared to other country-wide yearly events, then Bonfire Night in the UK is the first one that came to mind for me.

Takes place on November 5 and is just a night where everyone shoots off fireworks to commemorate Guy Fawkes being foiled trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament back whenever that happened (don't know the year off hand). I don't think anyone really cares about that though and just uses it as an excuse to get to shoot off fireworks outside of New Years. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Not where I currently am but because it is just for the UK and not outside it, and isn't really as well known compared to other country-wide yearly events, then Bonfire Night in the UK is the first one that came to mind for me.

Takes place on November 5 and is just a night where everyone shoots off fireworks to commemorate Guy Fawkes being foiled trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament back whenever that happened (don't know the year off hand). I don't think anyone really cares about that though and just uses it as an excuse to get to shoot off fireworks outside of New Years. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that's the only one I know of where I am (same place Moony is talking about). If there are any others I'm not aware or care enough for them. I haven't been to that Bonfire Night in a long time now, probably last time was when I went and met with Moony there some years ago mid-2010's.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that's the only one I know of where I am (same place Moony is talking about). If there are any others I'm not aware or care enough for them. I haven't been to that Bonfire Night in a long time now, probably last time was when I went and met with Moony there some years ago mid-2010's.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Aug 22nd, 2023, 02:17 AM)Moonface Wrote:

1605... and I did know that off-hand Tongue . 

I always enjoyed setting off garden fireworks and eating treacle toffee. I haven't done that for a few years now, but earlier this year I visited the Gunpowder Plot Immersive Experience in London with my girlfriend. I'd certainly recommend that if anyone's interested in the history!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Aug 22nd, 2023, 02:17 AM)Moonface Wrote:

1605... and I did know that off-hand Tongue . 

I always enjoyed setting off garden fireworks and eating treacle toffee. I haven't done that for a few years now, but earlier this year I visited the Gunpowder Plot Immersive Experience in London with my girlfriend. I'd certainly recommend that if anyone's interested in the history!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 22nd, 2023, 09:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah that's the only one I know of where I am (same place Moony is talking about). If there are any others I'm not aware or care enough for them.
There was that carnival that would go through town that I remember back when we would've been kids but I don't know if that still happens anymore and if not why it stopped in the first place since it always seemed to be popular.

There is another in our town though (unless this stopped too) and probably done in quite a few towns across the UK actually, which is turning on the town Christmas light decorations. I know my hometown made a big thing of it with live music and food vendors although it was only really worth going with a group. Funnily enough my most memorable moment from that event was the year when I got fired from a candy store (not that I was going to come in for another shift even if the owner hadn't told me she didn't want me back). Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 22nd, 2023, 09:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah that's the only one I know of where I am (same place Moony is talking about). If there are any others I'm not aware or care enough for them.
There was that carnival that would go through town that I remember back when we would've been kids but I don't know if that still happens anymore and if not why it stopped in the first place since it always seemed to be popular.

There is another in our town though (unless this stopped too) and probably done in quite a few towns across the UK actually, which is turning on the town Christmas light decorations. I know my hometown made a big thing of it with live music and food vendors although it was only really worth going with a group. Funnily enough my most memorable moment from that event was the year when I got fired from a candy store (not that I was going to come in for another shift even if the owner hadn't told me she didn't want me back). Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah yeah that carnival type things, I completely forgot about it. Yeah that did stop which was such a shame, no clue why.

Oh right the Christmas lights turning on and there being stalls and such, that still happens. I don't go to that, another thing that happens is some dude in a Santa costume comes along in a sleigh around the blocks and such for charity, with the other people that are a part of it doing the collecting. I think the kids get to say hello to the Santa or at least I did that once or twice when I was young, I avoided it later on. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah yeah that carnival type things, I completely forgot about it. Yeah that did stop which was such a shame, no clue why.

Oh right the Christmas lights turning on and there being stalls and such, that still happens. I don't go to that, another thing that happens is some dude in a Santa costume comes along in a sleigh around the blocks and such for charity, with the other people that are a part of it doing the collecting. I think the kids get to say hello to the Santa or at least I did that once or twice when I was young, I avoided it later on. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drunken activities Nebulous 7 884 Jul 11th, 2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface