What Magic Would You Like in Real Life?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,742
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Been thinking of thread ideas related to Halloween stuff since we're finally in October, and seeing the lab area in RE1 on a Twitch stream I'm watching made me think of potions >> witches >> spells. And so here we are. Tongue

So yeah, what magic (specific spells/magic, rather than just all the magic from x thing) from any media (games, movies, books, DnD, etc.) would you like to have the ability to perform in real life? ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,742 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Been thinking of thread ideas related to Halloween stuff since we're finally in October, and seeing the lab area in RE1 on a Twitch stream I'm watching made me think of potions >> witches >> spells. And so here we are. Tongue

So yeah, what magic (specific spells/magic, rather than just all the magic from x thing) from any media (games, movies, books, DnD, etc.) would you like to have the ability to perform in real life? ^_^
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,858
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Shspeshifting. I don't think I need to explain much further than that. I wanna be able to shapeshift. In terms of an actual spell that already has been written, basically a self-controllable True Polymorph from D&D, with no restrictions on casting or anything like that. And no change in mental stats, in case I would become something that is usually non-sapient.

...I've thought about this a lot.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,858 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Shspeshifting. I don't think I need to explain much further than that. I wanna be able to shapeshift. In terms of an actual spell that already has been written, basically a self-controllable True Polymorph from D&D, with no restrictions on casting or anything like that. And no change in mental stats, in case I would become something that is usually non-sapient.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 4th, 2023, 02:31 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Any particular things specifically you'd want to shape shift into? Tongue
Also by thought of a lot do you mean about what magic/spell you'd wanna have access to most of just thinking about shape shifting a lot?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 4th, 2023, 02:31 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Any particular things specifically you'd want to shape shift into? Tongue
Also by thought of a lot do you mean about what magic/spell you'd wanna have access to most of just thinking about shape shifting a lot?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 6th, 2023, 09:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:
[Image: Protegent_Antivirus_Yes.jpg]

I've also thought of ways out of a "Monkey's Paw" type wish, where I get what I asked for, but it's not quite right. Yeah, I've thought about this a lot.

As far as what I'd do with it, besides the obvious "experience the opposite sex" thing, I'd try to troll people through Change Blindness. I am not the only person who has thought of this troll, as this El Goonish Shive storyline shows. I personally think it would be very funny to see how far I could take it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 6th, 2023, 09:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:
[Image: Protegent_Antivirus_Yes.jpg]

I've also thought of ways out of a "Monkey's Paw" type wish, where I get what I asked for, but it's not quite right. Yeah, I've thought about this a lot.

As far as what I'd do with it, besides the obvious "experience the opposite sex" thing, I'd try to troll people through Change Blindness. I am not the only person who has thought of this troll, as this El Goonish Shive storyline shows. I personally think it would be very funny to see how far I could take it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,148
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Was going to go with super speed but that's a superpower and think there's already a topic on that, where my answer may have been different. XD

Anyway magic/spell...hmm. Making things just vanish completely. However I may get carried away and become dangerous so...if I could keep mental control over how much and what kind of stuff I decide to use that magic on, well it should be fine to have. XD

May need to think what else because that's pretty much the only one I've considered.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,148 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Was going to go with super speed but that's a superpower and think there's already a topic on that, where my answer may have been different. XD

Anyway magic/spell...hmm. Making things just vanish completely. However I may get carried away and become dangerous so...if I could keep mental control over how much and what kind of stuff I decide to use that magic on, well it should be fine to have. XD

May need to think what else because that's pretty much the only one I've considered.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2023, 12:24 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Change Blindness sounds like playing a game of Spot The Difference on hard mode. LOL
You could probably just shape shift into an object that exists in a space but keep moving around and see if someone notices you as being out of place. XD

@Mr EliteL: By making them vanish do you mean invisible or literally erasing from existence? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2023, 12:24 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Change Blindness sounds like playing a game of Spot The Difference on hard mode. LOL
You could probably just shape shift into an object that exists in a space but keep moving around and see if someone notices you as being out of place. XD

@Mr EliteL: By making them vanish do you mean invisible or literally erasing from existence? Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Teleportation has always been the major one for me. Being able to just transport oneself anywhere in the world (planet/galaxy/dimension/you name it) at any time is huge.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Teleportation has always been the major one for me. Being able to just transport oneself anywhere in the world (planet/galaxy/dimension/you name it) at any time is huge.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 25th, 2023, 01:49 AM)Moonface Wrote:

H-hard mode, you say? Are you sure about that? Because your perception is (probably) not as solid as you think.

And now that you've seen Change Blindness in action, you can see why I'm wanting to see how far I can stretch it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 25th, 2023, 01:49 AM)Moonface Wrote:

H-hard mode, you say? Are you sure about that? Because your perception is (probably) not as solid as you think.

And now that you've seen Change Blindness in action, you can see why I'm wanting to see how far I can stretch it.