Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
This is kind of a weird topic coming from me, just because I'm not the type to ask these sorts of questions, but I was reading over my own list of overhyped games, and got reminded of Destiny and Anthem by them, and that flared up some thoughts. So, how petty are you? How easily are you able to let things go?

As alluded to with the previous paragraph, I am VERY petty. After all, I'm still harboring a grudge over Destiny, and that was nearly a decade ago! And not even for the reason you think (broken promises by the game devs); this grudge is purely at some friends of mine for trying to convince me I was wrong when I gave an honest critique of the game (I was bored by it because it felt too much like Borderlands), only for them to come to MY side of the table with 6 to 12 months. And I'm still mad over it, and they know it, too.

When I develop a spiteful grudge, it's really hard for me to let go. It doesn't always happen, but once it's there, it's staying around! And that includes on my own self; I have bad intrusive thoughts, and they are almost always memories of me being an idiot, and I hate myself every time for it. So, yeah, that stupid thing you saw me do 15 years ago? Just know I still live it. Every day. It's that bad. If I had to blame my pettiness on anything, that's probably where it stems from.

But how about the rest of you? Are you just as petty as me, or are you a better person than that?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
This is kind of a weird topic coming from me, just because I'm not the type to ask these sorts of questions, but I was reading over my own list of overhyped games, and got reminded of Destiny and Anthem by them, and that flared up some thoughts. So, how petty are you? How easily are you able to let things go?

As alluded to with the previous paragraph, I am VERY petty. After all, I'm still harboring a grudge over Destiny, and that was nearly a decade ago! And not even for the reason you think (broken promises by the game devs); this grudge is purely at some friends of mine for trying to convince me I was wrong when I gave an honest critique of the game (I was bored by it because it felt too much like Borderlands), only for them to come to MY side of the table with 6 to 12 months. And I'm still mad over it, and they know it, too.

When I develop a spiteful grudge, it's really hard for me to let go. It doesn't always happen, but once it's there, it's staying around! And that includes on my own self; I have bad intrusive thoughts, and they are almost always memories of me being an idiot, and I hate myself every time for it. So, yeah, that stupid thing you saw me do 15 years ago? Just know I still live it. Every day. It's that bad. If I had to blame my pettiness on anything, that's probably where it stems from.

But how about the rest of you? Are you just as petty as me, or are you a better person than that?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I used to be way pettier even just a few years ago I think, where I'd stew on anything that got under my skin and keep it in mind against someone for ages and even bring it up against them later if the subject came up again. Therapy over the years has made me get less angry at stuff or hold onto stuff I shouldn't, but I probably still do petty retaliation here and there but without doing it in a way that's looking for drama. It'll be like say, if I get told my manager thinks I'm not doing something when I am, I'll consider taking photos to prove I did it. Ultimately I never have done that because I just tell myself it's not my problem nor responsibility to prove my "innocence"; if me saying I did it isn't enough for someone then that's their problem. I'm not going to waste my time going further to prove myself to someone who doesn't want to trust my word.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I used to be way pettier even just a few years ago I think, where I'd stew on anything that got under my skin and keep it in mind against someone for ages and even bring it up against them later if the subject came up again. Therapy over the years has made me get less angry at stuff or hold onto stuff I shouldn't, but I probably still do petty retaliation here and there but without doing it in a way that's looking for drama. It'll be like say, if I get told my manager thinks I'm not doing something when I am, I'll consider taking photos to prove I did it. Ultimately I never have done that because I just tell myself it's not my problem nor responsibility to prove my "innocence"; if me saying I did it isn't enough for someone then that's their problem. I'm not going to waste my time going further to prove myself to someone who doesn't want to trust my word.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'd like to think I'm not but I might do something that make me looks petty perhaps (I don't actually know) when I don't tend to stay thinking about something, I'll usually let it go. Unless whatever keeps happening I'll just try and avoid the person as whatever their problem is shouldn't matter to me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'd like to think I'm not but I might do something that make me looks petty perhaps (I don't actually know) when I don't tend to stay thinking about something, I'll usually let it go. Unless whatever keeps happening I'll just try and avoid the person as whatever their problem is shouldn't matter to me.