What If The Montreal Screwjob Never Happened? | Fantasy Booking
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I feel if the screwjob never happened (like Bret Hart has said in the past), the match would have ended in a no contest thus retaining the title. The following night, Bret would say "this isn't how I wanted to retain the title at Survivor Series. So tonight on Monday Night Raw how about we do it again? This time no screwy finishes, no disqualifications!" HBK agrees and the match ends up being another cluster with HHH interfering. Owen comes down to help his brother as Raw goes off the air with no finish.

The next week (Nov. 17th and still in Canada) Bret gets put in a tag match with his brother Owen vs HBK and HHH which Bret and Owen win since HBK and HHH walk out of the match thus getting counted out.

Now it's Nov. 24th and the WWF is back in the United States (North Carolina). Shawn Michaels starts Monday Night Raw by coming out and saying "Now that we're in a real country, how about we settle this once and for all Bret Hart. The next PPV is quickly approaching and its called D-Generation X. Its called that for a reason Bret...and that reason is simple. D-Generation X is the best thing going today. So I don't know what you have going on but I know I want to end this. I want one more shot at the WWF title." Bret comes out and agrees to the match on one stipulation. HHH has to defend his European Championship (that he won at a house show against Shawn the weekend prior) against his brother Owen tonight with no interference whatsoever. If he even sees the shadow of Chyna or HBK anywhere near ringside then Shawn gets no title match. Shawn agrees. Triple H defends his European title against Owen in the main event of Raw and Owen Hart wins the title as Raw goes off the air.

The next week on Raw (Dec. 1st/Six days before In Your House: DX) Shawn comes out and says "Are you happy Bret? Your brother is European champion and Triple H is not." Bret comes out and tells Shawn to "shut the hell up. Nobody wants to hear what you have to say." Bret then asks Shawn "Are YOU happy? You get your damn match this Sunday. But you won't be happy at the end of the night. Because I will still be the WWF champion. Why? Because I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be." This brings us to D-Generation X: In Your House which will be in my next post.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I feel if the screwjob never happened (like Bret Hart has said in the past), the match would have ended in a no contest thus retaining the title. The following night, Bret would say "this isn't how I wanted to retain the title at Survivor Series. So tonight on Monday Night Raw how about we do it again? This time no screwy finishes, no disqualifications!" HBK agrees and the match ends up being another cluster with HHH interfering. Owen comes down to help his brother as Raw goes off the air with no finish.

The next week (Nov. 17th and still in Canada) Bret gets put in a tag match with his brother Owen vs HBK and HHH which Bret and Owen win since HBK and HHH walk out of the match thus getting counted out.

Now it's Nov. 24th and the WWF is back in the United States (North Carolina). Shawn Michaels starts Monday Night Raw by coming out and saying "Now that we're in a real country, how about we settle this once and for all Bret Hart. The next PPV is quickly approaching and its called D-Generation X. Its called that for a reason Bret...and that reason is simple. D-Generation X is the best thing going today. So I don't know what you have going on but I know I want to end this. I want one more shot at the WWF title." Bret comes out and agrees to the match on one stipulation. HHH has to defend his European Championship (that he won at a house show against Shawn the weekend prior) against his brother Owen tonight with no interference whatsoever. If he even sees the shadow of Chyna or HBK anywhere near ringside then Shawn gets no title match. Shawn agrees. Triple H defends his European title against Owen in the main event of Raw and Owen Hart wins the title as Raw goes off the air.

The next week on Raw (Dec. 1st/Six days before In Your House: DX) Shawn comes out and says "Are you happy Bret? Your brother is European champion and Triple H is not." Bret comes out and tells Shawn to "shut the hell up. Nobody wants to hear what you have to say." Bret then asks Shawn "Are YOU happy? You get your damn match this Sunday. But you won't be happy at the end of the night. Because I will still be the WWF champion. Why? Because I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be." This brings us to D-Generation X: In Your House which will be in my next post.
WR91 Offline
Casual
So now we're at D-Generation X: In Your House which took place on December 7th, 1997.

Here's a list of other matches in my fantasy WWF booking that takes place that night:

- Taka Michinoku defeated Brian Christopher to become the first WWF Light Heavyweight champion.

- Los Boricuas (with Savio Vega) defeated The Disciples of Apocalypse in a six man tag team match.

- The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © defeated The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) to retain the WWF World Tag Team championship.

- Ken Shamrock defeated The Undertaker by disqualification.

- Stone Cold Steve Austin © defeated The Rock to retain the WWF Intercontinental championship.

- Triple H (with Chyna) defeated Owen Hart © to become the WWF European champion.

- Bret Hart © defeated Shawn Michaels to retain the WWF championship.

We're now on the road to the Royal Rumble. Over the next few weeks after losing to Bret at DX: In Your House, Shawn shifts his focus over to The Undertaker just like he did in real life. While Bret on the other hand shifts his focus on Ken Shamrock who beat Undertaker (by DQ) at DX: IYH.

Meanwhile Stone Cold is getting more and more popular each and every week as The Rock seems to be breaking away from The Nation of Domination.

The next PPV I want to highlight is the 1998 Royal Rumble. Stay tuned.
WR91 Offline
Casual
So now we're at D-Generation X: In Your House which took place on December 7th, 1997.

Here's a list of other matches in my fantasy WWF booking that takes place that night:

- Taka Michinoku defeated Brian Christopher to become the first WWF Light Heavyweight champion.

- Los Boricuas (with Savio Vega) defeated The Disciples of Apocalypse in a six man tag team match.

- The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © defeated The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) to retain the WWF World Tag Team championship.

- Ken Shamrock defeated The Undertaker by disqualification.

- Stone Cold Steve Austin © defeated The Rock to retain the WWF Intercontinental championship.

- Triple H (with Chyna) defeated Owen Hart © to become the WWF European champion.

- Bret Hart © defeated Shawn Michaels to retain the WWF championship.

We're now on the road to the Royal Rumble. Over the next few weeks after losing to Bret at DX: In Your House, Shawn shifts his focus over to The Undertaker just like he did in real life. While Bret on the other hand shifts his focus on Ken Shamrock who beat Undertaker (by DQ) at DX: IYH.

Meanwhile Stone Cold is getting more and more popular each and every week as The Rock seems to be breaking away from The Nation of Domination.

The next PPV I want to highlight is the 1998 Royal Rumble. Stay tuned.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Here's my fantasy booking of the Royal Rumble which took place on January 18th, 1998.

- The Rock defeated Faarooq by pinfall. (Now breaking up The Nation of Domination)

- The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) defeated The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © by disqualification.

- The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels (with Chyna and Triple H) in a Casket match. (Thus making HBK disappear for awhile)

- Bret Hart © defeated Ken Shamrock in 30 minute Iron Man match by a 2-1 fall.

- Stone Cold wins the 1998 Royal Rumble by last eliminating The Rock to earn the right to face the WWF champion at WrestleMania XV.

The next night on Raw, Stone Cold comes out and announces that seeing as he won the 1998 Royal Rumble he needs to focus on the WWF title and doesn't have time to defend his Intercontinental championship. He then calls out The Rock who was the last man eliminated in the Rumble. Offers him the championship as Rock accepts.

Austin then says he hopes Bret "the sh*tman" is still champion come WrestleMania because he has unfinished business with him.

Over the next few weeks buildup for WWF's next PPV called No Way Out of Texas: In Your House include The Rock vs Jeff Jarrett, D'Lo Brown & Mark Henry vs The New Age Outlaws and more. Stay tuned...
WR91 Offline
Casual
Here's my fantasy booking of the Royal Rumble which took place on January 18th, 1998.

- The Rock defeated Faarooq by pinfall. (Now breaking up The Nation of Domination)

- The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) defeated The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © by disqualification.

- The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels (with Chyna and Triple H) in a Casket match. (Thus making HBK disappear for awhile)

- Bret Hart © defeated Ken Shamrock in 30 minute Iron Man match by a 2-1 fall.

- Stone Cold wins the 1998 Royal Rumble by last eliminating The Rock to earn the right to face the WWF champion at WrestleMania XV.

The next night on Raw, Stone Cold comes out and announces that seeing as he won the 1998 Royal Rumble he needs to focus on the WWF title and doesn't have time to defend his Intercontinental championship. He then calls out The Rock who was the last man eliminated in the Rumble. Offers him the championship as Rock accepts.

Austin then says he hopes Bret "the sh*tman" is still champion come WrestleMania because he has unfinished business with him.

Over the next few weeks buildup for WWF's next PPV called No Way Out of Texas: In Your House include The Rock vs Jeff Jarrett, D'Lo Brown & Mark Henry vs The New Age Outlaws and more. Stay tuned...
WR91 Offline
Casual
Here's my card for No Way Out of Texas: In Your House that took place February 15th, 1998 in Houston, TX.

- The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © defeated D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry to retain the WWF World Tag Team championships.

- Vader defeated Faarooq.

- The Rock © defeated Jeff Jarrett to retain the WWF Intercontinental championship.

- The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) defeated The Godwinns (Henry O. and Phineas I. Godwinn).

- Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie defeated Kane and The Undertaker.

- Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Triple H.

- Bret Hart © defeated Ken Shamrock via submission to retain the WWF championship.

Next up is WrestleMania XIV. Stay tuned...
WR91 Offline
Casual
Here's my card for No Way Out of Texas: In Your House that took place February 15th, 1998 in Houston, TX.

- The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © defeated D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry to retain the WWF World Tag Team championships.

- Vader defeated Faarooq.

- The Rock © defeated Jeff Jarrett to retain the WWF Intercontinental championship.

- The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) defeated The Godwinns (Henry O. and Phineas I. Godwinn).

- Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie defeated Kane and The Undertaker.

- Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Triple H.

- Bret Hart © defeated Ken Shamrock via submission to retain the WWF championship.

Next up is WrestleMania XIV. Stay tuned...
WR91 Offline
Casual
So we finally made it to WrestleMania XIV which took place March 29th, 1998 in the FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts.

The original card had Stone Cold taking on Shawn Michaels in the main event but seeing as Shawn isn't WWF champion. He's actually gone for awhile since in my world, he lost a casket match against The Undertaker back in January at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart is still in the WWF and he's the current champion. Stone Cold won the Rumble and is taking on Bret Hart. So without further adieu, may I present to you WWF WrestleMania XIV!

- Taka Michinoku © defeated Aguila to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight championship.

- Owen Hart defeated Triple H (with Chyna) © to become the new WWF European champion.

- Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie defeated The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © to become the new WWF World Tag Team champions.

- Ken Shamrock defeated The Rock © to become the new WWF Intercontinental champion.

- Marc Mero and Sable defeated Goldust and Luna Vachon.

- Jeff Jarrett defeated Vader.

- LOD 2000 (Hawk and Animal) defeated D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry.

- Kane defeated The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer).

- Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Bret Hart © to become the new WWF Champion.
WR91 Offline
Casual
So we finally made it to WrestleMania XIV which took place March 29th, 1998 in the FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts.

The original card had Stone Cold taking on Shawn Michaels in the main event but seeing as Shawn isn't WWF champion. He's actually gone for awhile since in my world, he lost a casket match against The Undertaker back in January at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart is still in the WWF and he's the current champion. Stone Cold won the Rumble and is taking on Bret Hart. So without further adieu, may I present to you WWF WrestleMania XIV!

- Taka Michinoku © defeated Aguila to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight championship.

- Owen Hart defeated Triple H (with Chyna) © to become the new WWF European champion.

- Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie defeated The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg) © to become the new WWF World Tag Team champions.

- Ken Shamrock defeated The Rock © to become the new WWF Intercontinental champion.

- Marc Mero and Sable defeated Goldust and Luna Vachon.

- Jeff Jarrett defeated Vader.

- LOD 2000 (Hawk and Animal) defeated D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry.

- Kane defeated The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer).

- Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Bret Hart © to become the new WWF Champion.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Does anyone have an opinion on this scenario?
WR91 Offline
Casual
Does anyone have an opinion on this scenario?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The whole screwjob thing happened before I got into wrestling, my time was 1999 or very late '98 when it was Austin vs Vince, Ministry of Darkness/Corporate Ministry (I don't even remember how I got to watch), then I stopped watching a little while then got back to watching but not live just DVDs when it already happened, or a VCR recording from Moonface. Only knew about how bad things were (Shawn vs Bret, Shawn/DX locker room supremacy) later on. So if Bret didn't have to go from getting royally screwed then yeah your scenario seems to work fine. Although The Rock loses his reign earlier but I'm not bothered about that, and Austin wins against Bret to perhaps reignite their past rivalry for a little while, that or Bret moves on to something else or continues with Shawn and DX, or The Rock joins in...ah I don't know. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The whole screwjob thing happened before I got into wrestling, my time was 1999 or very late '98 when it was Austin vs Vince, Ministry of Darkness/Corporate Ministry (I don't even remember how I got to watch), then I stopped watching a little while then got back to watching but not live just DVDs when it already happened, or a VCR recording from Moonface. Only knew about how bad things were (Shawn vs Bret, Shawn/DX locker room supremacy) later on. So if Bret didn't have to go from getting royally screwed then yeah your scenario seems to work fine. Although The Rock loses his reign earlier but I'm not bothered about that, and Austin wins against Bret to perhaps reignite their past rivalry for a little while, that or Bret moves on to something else or continues with Shawn and DX, or The Rock joins in...ah I don't know. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What If A Particular Event Happened Differently? Moonface 6 912 Aug 6th, 2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Moonface