Hardest Hit Industry When Someone Passes Away?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Randomly had this thought yesterday since when a lead singer passes away, it usually means the band they're part of is basically done when it comes to touring, producing new music, etc. I know those remaining band members can go to other bands or form new ones but I can't picture such an upheaval happening in another industry.

Would you say the music industry is the one industry hit hardest when it comes to someone in it passing away, or do you think there's another industry where such a thing makes a bigger impact on things?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Randomly had this thought yesterday since when a lead singer passes away, it usually means the band they're part of is basically done when it comes to touring, producing new music, etc. I know those remaining band members can go to other bands or form new ones but I can't picture such an upheaval happening in another industry.

Would you say the music industry is the one industry hit hardest when it comes to someone in it passing away, or do you think there's another industry where such a thing makes a bigger impact on things?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The only thing I can think of as similar is writing, when the original author of a story passes before their work is complete. So just books, comics, manga. I was going to mention Berserk but that is actually still going because Miura had a Studio with apprentices and another, Kouji Mori, whom Miura shared his vision for the story who has taken over the writing side for Berserk, while the rest of the Studio Gaga do the illustration. So that series was in luck to continue after Miura's sudden passing, but I assume there's other work out there that might not have been so lucky and their story is discontinued/left unfinished.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The only thing I can think of as similar is writing, when the original author of a story passes before their work is complete. So just books, comics, manga. I was going to mention Berserk but that is actually still going because Miura had a Studio with apprentices and another, Kouji Mori, whom Miura shared his vision for the story who has taken over the writing side for Berserk, while the rest of the Studio Gaga do the illustration. So that series was in luck to continue after Miura's sudden passing, but I assume there's other work out there that might not have been so lucky and their story is discontinued/left unfinished.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 22nd, 2023, 10:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh wow I completely forgot about authors. Probably because books/literature aren't as prominent in my day to day as music, movies, games, etc. are. XD
I would hope a lot of writers try to have a general outline of their plot written down so that in the event they aren't able to finish the story themselves it can be picked up by someone else. George R.R. Martin better have done that given how long it takes him to write a Game of Thrones book. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 22nd, 2023, 10:05 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh wow I completely forgot about authors. Probably because books/literature aren't as prominent in my day to day as music, movies, games, etc. are. XD
I would hope a lot of writers try to have a general outline of their plot written down so that in the event they aren't able to finish the story themselves it can be picked up by someone else. George R.R. Martin better have done that given how long it takes him to write a Game of Thrones book. Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turkey and Northern Syria Hit by Multiple Earthquakes Moonface 20 2,976 Mar 11th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface