Nickelodeon Shows
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If you didn't hear, Nickelodeon have announced that Rugrats will be revived with a 26 episode TV series and a live-action film featuring CGI characters. I'm not worried about the TV series as much as I am the movie, just because I get the feeling CGI characters means we'll get some weird versions of the Rugrats that look like this:

[Image: l5TygRp.jpg]

I'd rather the movie be like Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie so that it keeps with the art style everyone expects from the old show, and expects to keep in line with the animation style of the new show, assuming and hoping it's going to be similar to the original.

Still, it could be worse, they could have decided to try and revive All Grown Up which was a terrible show and should've stayed as that one Rugrats episode.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If you didn't hear, Nickelodeon have announced that Rugrats will be revived with a 26 episode TV series and a live-action film featuring CGI characters. I'm not worried about the TV series as much as I am the movie, just because I get the feeling CGI characters means we'll get some weird versions of the Rugrats that look like this:

[Image: l5TygRp.jpg]

I'd rather the movie be like Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie so that it keeps with the art style everyone expects from the old show, and expects to keep in line with the animation style of the new show, assuming and hoping it's going to be similar to the original.

Still, it could be worse, they could have decided to try and revive All Grown Up which was a terrible show and should've stayed as that one Rugrats episode.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Mmmm... that's raising some red flags indeed.

But let's give them the benefit of the doubt, as their revival of Hey Arnold! proved masterful. That said, Nick's track record with CGI is horrendous and I'm worried.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Mmmm... that's raising some red flags indeed.

But let's give them the benefit of the doubt, as their revival of Hey Arnold! proved masterful. That said, Nick's track record with CGI is horrendous and I'm worried.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Well Sneeoosh the original creators of the rugrats seemed to have moved on from working at Nick to working with shows for pbs kids & the like. So seeing cg rendered chuckster there suprises me none in the least. Also personally, I liked All Grown Up it was interesting to see them as school age kids & they were kept as the same kind of kids that they were as babies, so I don't honestly understand the hate the show got. Eh, maybe ppl hated their designs, I personally liked it.

I'll probably watch the movie for free like I did with the Hey Arnold one, it was great.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Well Sneeoosh the original creators of the rugrats seemed to have moved on from working at Nick to working with shows for pbs kids & the like. So seeing cg rendered chuckster there suprises me none in the least. Also personally, I liked All Grown Up it was interesting to see them as school age kids & they were kept as the same kind of kids that they were as babies, so I don't honestly understand the hate the show got. Eh, maybe ppl hated their designs, I personally liked it.

I'll probably watch the movie for free like I did with the Hey Arnold one, it was great.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
WTF I follow like two huge classic nick fan pages on facebook (one of which has a site that streams old shows) and I never heard of this.

I think I'd rather have CGI then the current "calart" trend, that has ruined a lot of classic old cartoons.

Part of the charm for me in rugrats was its hand drawn style that was a bit squiggly, but no amateur hour bad.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
WTF I follow like two huge classic nick fan pages on facebook (one of which has a site that streams old shows) and I never heard of this.

I think I'd rather have CGI then the current "calart" trend, that has ruined a lot of classic old cartoons.

Part of the charm for me in rugrats was its hand drawn style that was a bit squiggly, but no amateur hour bad.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 17th, 2018, 05:57 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:
Also personally, I liked All Grown Up it was interesting to see them as school age kids & they were kept as the same kind of kids that they were as babies, so I don't honestly understand the hate the show got. Eh, maybe ppl hated their designs, I personally liked it.
For me I just disliked the limit of imagination it had compared to the original. Teenagers aren't going to see and imagine things the same way as babies do, and so the charm was lost for me.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Also personally, I liked All Grown Up it was interesting to see them as school age kids & they were kept as the same kind of kids that they were as babies, so I don't honestly understand the hate the show got. Eh, maybe ppl hated their designs, I personally liked it.
For me I just disliked the limit of imagination it had compared to the original. Teenagers aren't going to see and imagine things the same way as babies do, and so the charm was lost for me.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 17th, 2018, 07:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The other issue was "All grown up" ... meant middle schoolers and in the cases of the two older kids freshmen in High school (13 (rare-ish) or 14-15 year olds depending on when they were born and time of the school year).

You also had "Preschool Daze" which I never saw but looks like some one who heard about anime but never saw it tried to draw anime.

[Image: WbeTSMz.jpg]

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 17th, 2018, 07:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The other issue was "All grown up" ... meant middle schoolers and in the cases of the two older kids freshmen in High school (13 (rare-ish) or 14-15 year olds depending on when they were born and time of the school year).

You also had "Preschool Daze" which I never saw but looks like some one who heard about anime but never saw it tried to draw anime.

[Image: WbeTSMz.jpg]
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
As far as "All Grown Up!" goes... I gotta at least give them some credit for the episode in which Suzie gets scammed by the alleged musical agent. She just kind of gets screwed and they acknowledge that these things happen. No attempt at fixing it either, nor is it sugar-coated.

I really like it when shows do that.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
As far as "All Grown Up!" goes... I gotta at least give them some credit for the episode in which Suzie gets scammed by the alleged musical agent. She just kind of gets screwed and they acknowledge that these things happen. No attempt at fixing it either, nor is it sugar-coated.

I really like it when shows do that.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I vaguely remember that episode I think.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I vaguely remember that episode I think.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Never knew about the 2017 Hey Arnold movie. I would totally watch that actually. Glad you guys saying it was good (or heard it was).

However with this Rugrats revival, hope it's done right. The animated 24 eps that is. I at first believed that shot of Chuckie was a first look at the CGI movie, since I never bothered with much more after the original series. Knew of All Grown Up though, but didn't watch much.

What was the series that had a crossover with The Wild Thornberrys? Since the Hey Arnold movie title reminded me of them. Ah, Nigel.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Never knew about the 2017 Hey Arnold movie. I would totally watch that actually. Glad you guys saying it was good (or heard it was).

However with this Rugrats revival, hope it's done right. The animated 24 eps that is. I at first believed that shot of Chuckie was a first look at the CGI movie, since I never bothered with much more after the original series. Knew of All Grown Up though, but didn't watch much.

What was the series that had a crossover with The Wild Thornberrys? Since the Hey Arnold movie title reminded me of them. Ah, Nigel.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 18th, 2018, 06:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It wasn't a series, it was the movie Rugrats Go Wild.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 18th, 2018, 06:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It wasn't a series, it was the movie Rugrats Go Wild.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh I knew it wasn't an actual series of episodes, just meant what show. So ah, Rugrats. Wasn't 100% sure. Thanks. I never saw that movie either. D=
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh I knew it wasn't an actual series of episodes, just meant what show. So ah, Rugrats. Wasn't 100% sure. Thanks. I never saw that movie either. D=
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
This is an interesting turn of events! I do think the remake of old shows or movies, because no one wants to like new things.. theme, is getting a bit old (Except fo the reboot of Will & Grace.)

But I do think this cgi of Chuckie, is different, but cool and colorful! Rugrats was my favorite show when I was little, so it's interesting to see the spark re-imagined. I wouldn't personally watch it myself, as I have moved on. (Plus, I have so many anime to watch!) But it'll be interesting to see what unfolds!

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
This is an interesting turn of events! I do think the remake of old shows or movies, because no one wants to like new things.. theme, is getting a bit old (Except fo the reboot of Will & Grace.)

But I do think this cgi of Chuckie, is different, but cool and colorful! Rugrats was my favorite show when I was little, so it's interesting to see the spark re-imagined. I wouldn't personally watch it myself, as I have moved on. (Plus, I have so many anime to watch!) But it'll be interesting to see what unfolds!
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 19th, 2018, 03:48 AM)Hotspot Wrote:

The reboots are more symptoms of dead creativity in the corporation world and not wanting to take risks.
I have another theory about things also being co-opted by """"""creative people""""" that want to push their "world view" on stuff but since it wont gain as much fandom or views as say people who grew up with she-ra, Star Wars, Daria (I am waiting for that one to start and bomb), or Ghostbusters, they take over the established IP and try to get the fans to like their garbage that is unfaithful to the original.

Also Calart style can't forget calart style!

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 19th, 2018, 03:48 AM)Hotspot Wrote:

The reboots are more symptoms of dead creativity in the corporation world and not wanting to take risks.
I have another theory about things also being co-opted by """"""creative people""""" that want to push their "world view" on stuff but since it wont gain as much fandom or views as say people who grew up with she-ra, Star Wars, Daria (I am waiting for that one to start and bomb), or Ghostbusters, they take over the established IP and try to get the fans to like their garbage that is unfaithful to the original.

Also Calart style can't forget calart style!
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Reboots have become the corporate equivalent of withdrawing on an RTS... it's a move that preserves the target IP but doesn't win anything by doing it - only shows how flawed the whole idea is.

Since we are on the topic of Nickelodeon shows... do any of you remember "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"? I thought it was amazing and I'm very sad to know that it isn't on Netflix at all (at least, it wasn't last time I checked).

Nickelodeon really did a great job crafting that one.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Reboots have become the corporate equivalent of withdrawing on an RTS... it's a move that preserves the target IP but doesn't win anything by doing it - only shows how flawed the whole idea is.

Since we are on the topic of Nickelodeon shows... do any of you remember "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"? I thought it was amazing and I'm very sad to know that it isn't on Netflix at all (at least, it wasn't last time I checked).

Nickelodeon really did a great job crafting that one.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I remember it, it came out just as I was stopping to watch NIck.
Decent show just was getting old Tongue

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I remember it, it came out just as I was stopping to watch NIck.
Decent show just was getting old Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cartoon Shows on TV queenzelda 12 8,934 Jul 23rd, 2022, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Disney Shows Moonface 3 4,203 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Last Post: WR91