Christmas/Holiday Season 2023
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With just a little over a week to go until Christmas, I'm sure everyone has done at least something in preparation/relation to the occasion; I know some of you talked about your Christmas shopping in UCT the other day for example.

So yeah, this is for anything and everything related to the Christmas/Holiday season for this year, including what you got for Christmas when that time comes. ^_^

For me there was something I noticed the other day when I was at work and my coworker pointed out that the current Christmas song on the radio is one that the guy on dairy hates more than any other, and it got me thinking of the Christmas songs I hate and I realized that I'd never actually heard any of them played at any point anywhere in the U.S. during my entire time here. I looked the songs up last night and turns out all of them didn't make it over to the States which makes me so happy because it means I'll never have to hear them against my will on a radio station in this country. Tongue
For anyone curious about the songs, it's these three:
  1. Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie
  2. Walking in the Air - Aled Jones
  3. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie and Bing Crosby 
That first one in the list is like nails on a chalkboard to me...
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With just a little over a week to go until Christmas, I'm sure everyone has done at least something in preparation/relation to the occasion; I know some of you talked about your Christmas shopping in UCT the other day for example.

So yeah, this is for anything and everything related to the Christmas/Holiday season for this year, including what you got for Christmas when that time comes. ^_^

For me there was something I noticed the other day when I was at work and my coworker pointed out that the current Christmas song on the radio is one that the guy on dairy hates more than any other, and it got me thinking of the Christmas songs I hate and I realized that I'd never actually heard any of them played at any point anywhere in the U.S. during my entire time here. I looked the songs up last night and turns out all of them didn't make it over to the States which makes me so happy because it means I'll never have to hear them against my will on a radio station in this country. Tongue
For anyone curious about the songs, it's these three:
  1. Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie
  2. Walking in the Air - Aled Jones
  3. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie and Bing Crosby 
That first one in the list is like nails on a chalkboard to me...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Should be finishing up my Christmas shopping tomorrow, both in a store and getting the last of my orders online delivered. Some things are little extras to the main present I'm getting or whatever. Then I got to wrap them.
We still haven't got our Xmas tree up, probably do it tomorrow some time. Got delayed because we have new inside doors put in everywhere and having the Christmas storage boxes and decorations up would get in the way, but it has been a week now since then just haven't got round to it. XD

I've heard Stop the Cavalry as a child and it doesn't bother me but it certainly isn't my go-to for Christmas songs. The other two you mentioned I don't like, although I used to like Walking in the Air as a child but started to dislike it as I grew older. Odd how it's different for me for both those songs I used to hear, although I didn't ask for them back then they were just played via radio/cassette/CD or from watching The Snowman.
I don't particularly like recent covers of older Christmas songs so if I'm not hearing the original/version that made the song popular I won't enjoy it. Well...that is to say do I even enjoy Christmas songs to begin with? Eh...only when it's actually closer to the day or on the day, not a week or more before. I usually try and ignore the music on the radio at work anyway so I'm just about getting by. LOL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Should be finishing up my Christmas shopping tomorrow, both in a store and getting the last of my orders online delivered. Some things are little extras to the main present I'm getting or whatever. Then I got to wrap them.
We still haven't got our Xmas tree up, probably do it tomorrow some time. Got delayed because we have new inside doors put in everywhere and having the Christmas storage boxes and decorations up would get in the way, but it has been a week now since then just haven't got round to it. XD

I've heard Stop the Cavalry as a child and it doesn't bother me but it certainly isn't my go-to for Christmas songs. The other two you mentioned I don't like, although I used to like Walking in the Air as a child but started to dislike it as I grew older. Odd how it's different for me for both those songs I used to hear, although I didn't ask for them back then they were just played via radio/cassette/CD or from watching The Snowman.
I don't particularly like recent covers of older Christmas songs so if I'm not hearing the original/version that made the song popular I won't enjoy it. Well...that is to say do I even enjoy Christmas songs to begin with? Eh...only when it's actually closer to the day or on the day, not a week or more before. I usually try and ignore the music on the radio at work anyway so I'm just about getting by. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 18th, 2023, 10:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
There's only two Christmas songs I generally like and I could probably listen to any time of the year:

They actually have some life to them instead of most Christmas songs. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 18th, 2023, 10:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
There's only two Christmas songs I generally like and I could probably listen to any time of the year:

They actually have some life to them instead of most Christmas songs. Tongue
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday... got some hot chocolate and some marzipan for my mum, and one last present for my girlfriend (I won't list all the stuff I got for her, just on the off-chance that she reads this post!).

Still need to do a bit of wrapping, though Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday... got some hot chocolate and some marzipan for my mum, and one last present for my girlfriend (I won't list all the stuff I got for her, just on the off-chance that she reads this post!).

Still need to do a bit of wrapping, though Tongue .
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I intend to do most of my wrapping this weekend (I mean, I gotta, right?)

GL wrapping, Kyng! Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I intend to do most of my wrapping this weekend (I mean, I gotta, right?)

GL wrapping, Kyng! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Got my gifts bought and presents wrapped, finally got our tree(s) up so one more day left to go then...yay.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Got my gifts bought and presents wrapped, finally got our tree(s) up so one more day left to go then...yay.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
We had a half-Christmas yesterday. My sister could only come up for the weekend, not on Christmas day, so we opened her gifts (both from and to her) on Saturday, and we'll be doing the rest of it on Monday. There is a very big box addressed to me, and god only knows what it is. Guess I'll find out tomorrow...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
We had a half-Christmas yesterday. My sister could only come up for the weekend, not on Christmas day, so we opened her gifts (both from and to her) on Saturday, and we'll be doing the rest of it on Monday. There is a very big box addressed to me, and god only knows what it is. Guess I'll find out tomorrow...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: Is that the sister who you got that pendant for that you shared in UCT? I'm really curious on their reaction to it because I found it such a touching gift even though I was looking at it from a very outside perspective and just really want them to feel the level of care I felt just from the idea of that gift.

I guess I can pop the cork a little early for Christmas gift receiving since I just got a copy of Lethal Company from @Dragon Lord on Steam. I just hope my laptop can run it after posting about my concerns in the discussion thread for the game earlier. Monkas

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: Is that the sister who you got that pendant for that you shared in UCT? I'm really curious on their reaction to it because I found it such a touching gift even though I was looking at it from a very outside perspective and just really want them to feel the level of care I felt just from the idea of that gift.

I guess I can pop the cork a little early for Christmas gift receiving since I just got a copy of Lethal Company from @Dragon Lord on Steam. I just hope my laptop can run it after posting about my concerns in the discussion thread for the game earlier. Monkas
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Dec 24th, 2023, 08:21 PM)Moonface Wrote:

No, that'll be the other sister. She got a necklace with her birthstone in it. I still got till tomorrow to see how that grenade goes, because something tells me my parents will not be happy that I did what I did.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

No, that'll be the other sister. She got a necklace with her birthstone in it. I still got till tomorrow to see how that grenade goes, because something tells me my parents will not be happy that I did what I did.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 24th, 2023, 09:05 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Why do I doubt there's any valid reason for your parents to have issue with you getting a gift for your sister that has a message about caring for her on it? Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 24th, 2023, 09:05 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Why do I doubt there's any valid reason for your parents to have issue with you getting a gift for your sister that has a message about caring for her on it? Eh
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Because it's two gifts, not one, and I only bought other people one gift. If that doesn't set them off, I'll be surprised.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Because it's two gifts, not one, and I only bought other people one gift. If that doesn't set them off, I'll be surprised.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
 I just hope my laptop can run it after posting about my concerns in the discussion thread for the game earlier. Monkas

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to get it for you. Now you can test how it runs on your laptop risk free! Hopefully it does end up running well enough to be playable though.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
 I just hope my laptop can run it after posting about my concerns in the discussion thread for the game earlier. Monkas

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to get it for you. Now you can test how it runs on your laptop risk free! Hopefully it does end up running well enough to be playable though.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Merry Christmas everyone! and I hope that goes well with you Cricket

Is Lethal Company a very demanding game? I think I've heard of it before, but I forget what it looks like exactly?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Merry Christmas everyone! and I hope that goes well with you Cricket

Is Lethal Company a very demanding game? I think I've heard of it before, but I forget what it looks like exactly?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually wrapped up my gifts to my parents just today. With my dad being in a rehab hospital, he won't be home until the new year. My father in law passed away in September so we've been dealing with the rest of his estate.

I did buy myself some steam games for Christmas Eve. I got Bravely Default 2, Final Fantasy X/X2 HD, & Sea of Stars. I did get gifted Marble Up recently. So far, so good all in all.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually wrapped up my gifts to my parents just today. With my dad being in a rehab hospital, he won't be home until the new year. My father in law passed away in September so we've been dealing with the rest of his estate.

I did buy myself some steam games for Christmas Eve. I got Bravely Default 2, Final Fantasy X/X2 HD, & Sea of Stars. I did get gifted Marble Up recently. So far, so good all in all.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Merry Christmas everyone! May your day go well without any problems. Especially Maniak's with his parents, just hope they can let it go for just one day.

Work ended well for me, so now I have three days off to enjoy, I just hope I don't get duplicate presents, because Amazon is useless at removing items from Wishlists.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Merry Christmas everyone! May your day go well without any problems. Especially Maniak's with his parents, just hope they can let it go for just one day.

Work ended well for me, so now I have three days off to enjoy, I just hope I don't get duplicate presents, because Amazon is useless at removing items from Wishlists.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflecting on 2023 Moonface 2 224 Jan 15th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023 Moonface 3 283 Dec 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023 Dragon Lord 5 356 Nov 27th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Thanksgiving 2023 Moonface 10 587 Nov 24th, 2023, 09:52 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Spoopy Season '23 Moonface 12 881 Nov 21st, 2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Moonface