Dat Touhou Anime...
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Please take a look at this:

Amazing, right? Well, yeah... but here's the thing: every single metric I was able to find about it (including the official Touhou wiki, Wikipedia itself, online comments and several blog posts covering the subject matter) seem to agree that this is a fan-made project. If that's the case -and I have no reason to believe they are all lying about it- then I don't quite understand why there haven't been massive parties because of it. This is such a win for fan-works and derivative projects alike.

And it's not just the presentation, the music or the art (although, those would be enough to fill any bill), I have watched all ten episodes that have been released to date and I can confidently say that this is amazing. It seriously puts most anime I have seen to shame.

While the story isn't a 100% original (it was largely based on the official manga), most of the script, all the animation, the music and the voice-acting are all original assets to this project. It blows my mind a little, actually.

I would strongly recommend you checking it out, as it is completely available on YT. The only real downside is that episodes come out at a snail's pace and you are likely to leave wanting much more. But do not despair, as episodes are still on-the-works.

Enjoy!
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Please take a look at this:

Amazing, right? Well, yeah... but here's the thing: every single metric I was able to find about it (including the official Touhou wiki, Wikipedia itself, online comments and several blog posts covering the subject matter) seem to agree that this is a fan-made project. If that's the case -and I have no reason to believe they are all lying about it- then I don't quite understand why there haven't been massive parties because of it. This is such a win for fan-works and derivative projects alike.

And it's not just the presentation, the music or the art (although, those would be enough to fill any bill), I have watched all ten episodes that have been released to date and I can confidently say that this is amazing. It seriously puts most anime I have seen to shame.

While the story isn't a 100% original (it was largely based on the official manga), most of the script, all the animation, the music and the voice-acting are all original assets to this project. It blows my mind a little, actually.

I would strongly recommend you checking it out, as it is completely available on YT. The only real downside is that episodes come out at a snail's pace and you are likely to leave wanting much more. But do not despair, as episodes are still on-the-works.

Enjoy!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The reason there aren't any "parties" going on over this is because fan-made Touhou stuff isn't out of the ordinary. A large majority of Touhou content out there is fan-made, because ZUN (the creator of Touhou) let's people do what they want with his work. There's more fan-made Touhou content out there than there is "official" Touhou content.

Just look at the recent Touhou games that NIS America localized, as well as the one XSEED localized. All of them are fan games. So yeah, it's not really anything surprising that a fan-made Touhou anime came about. ZUN let's people do pretty much whatever they want with Touhou.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The reason there aren't any "parties" going on over this is because fan-made Touhou stuff isn't out of the ordinary. A large majority of Touhou content out there is fan-made, because ZUN (the creator of Touhou) let's people do what they want with his work. There's more fan-made Touhou content out there than there is "official" Touhou content.

Just look at the recent Touhou games that NIS America localized, as well as the one XSEED localized. All of them are fan games. So yeah, it's not really anything surprising that a fan-made Touhou anime came about. ZUN let's people do pretty much whatever they want with Touhou.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jul 19th, 2018, 12:51 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Nono, I get that.

It's the quality of the project that leaves me stunned. Most of the Touhou stuff seems incredibly well-done.

But I have just started knowing what this whole series is about, so forgive my excitement Tongue
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jul 19th, 2018, 12:51 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Nono, I get that.

It's the quality of the project that leaves me stunned. Most of the Touhou stuff seems incredibly well-done.

But I have just started knowing what this whole series is about, so forgive my excitement Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,040 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's Moonface 21 4,402 Dec 7th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface