Another Crab's Treasure
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Developer: Aggro Crab
Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PC
Genre: Action-Adventure, Soulslike
Release Date: April 25, 2024
Official Website: Link

Another Crab’s Treasure is a soulslike adventure set in a crumbling underwater world. As Kril the hermit crab, you’ll need to wear the trash around you as shells to withstand attacks from enemies many times your size. Embark on an epic treasure hunt to buy back your repossessed shell, and discover the dark secrets behind the polluted ocean.

Features
  • Challenging soulslike-inspired combat
  • A grand undersea world to explore
  • Over 50 shells to try on and fend off attackers
  • A variety of powerful Umami Abilities to smite your enemies
  • Way Too Many Crabs

Trash or Treasure?
In this undersea society, trash is not only a way of life, but a valuable resource, used for everything from fashion to firearms. But with the presence of trash comes a mysterious infection known as the Gunk, which could spell doom for the entire ocean.

Learn From Nature
As Kril explores the ocean, he'll gain a variety of Umami Techniques—powerful attacks learned from the denizens of the seas. Punch your enemies with the overwhelming might of a Mantis Shrimp, ensnare them with the horrifying Bobbit Worm, and much more.

Unexplored Depths
The ocean goes deeper than one can imagine. Fight your way through kelp forests, coral reefs, sand castle cities, and even the unfathomable darkness of the deep-sea trenches, all in the name of getting back your prized shell.

Play At Your Own Pace
Designed to be an approachable experience for newer Soulslike players as well as provide a challenge for hardcore fans, Another Crab's Treasure offers something for any level of skill or time commitment. Assist options are provided for those seeking a less frustrating experience, but gluttons for punishment are sure to find the default game a challenge.

I hadn't been following this game super closely, and I had been curious about it but didn't know if I wanted to actually get the game or not until I watched someone playing it on a stream yesterday. After what I saw I definitely want to pick this up now and I'll probably grab it on PS5 after the weekend.

Also, even if you have no interest in getting this game I do at least recommend you check out the April Fools trailer that makes the game look more like every other Soulslike. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Developer: Aggro Crab
Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PC
Genre: Action-Adventure, Soulslike
Release Date: April 25, 2024
Official Website: Link

Another Crab’s Treasure is a soulslike adventure set in a crumbling underwater world. As Kril the hermit crab, you’ll need to wear the trash around you as shells to withstand attacks from enemies many times your size. Embark on an epic treasure hunt to buy back your repossessed shell, and discover the dark secrets behind the polluted ocean.

Features
  • Challenging soulslike-inspired combat
  • A grand undersea world to explore
  • Over 50 shells to try on and fend off attackers
  • A variety of powerful Umami Abilities to smite your enemies
  • Way Too Many Crabs

Trash or Treasure?
In this undersea society, trash is not only a way of life, but a valuable resource, used for everything from fashion to firearms. But with the presence of trash comes a mysterious infection known as the Gunk, which could spell doom for the entire ocean.

Learn From Nature
As Kril explores the ocean, he'll gain a variety of Umami Techniques—powerful attacks learned from the denizens of the seas. Punch your enemies with the overwhelming might of a Mantis Shrimp, ensnare them with the horrifying Bobbit Worm, and much more.

Unexplored Depths
The ocean goes deeper than one can imagine. Fight your way through kelp forests, coral reefs, sand castle cities, and even the unfathomable darkness of the deep-sea trenches, all in the name of getting back your prized shell.

Play At Your Own Pace
Designed to be an approachable experience for newer Soulslike players as well as provide a challenge for hardcore fans, Another Crab's Treasure offers something for any level of skill or time commitment. Assist options are provided for those seeking a less frustrating experience, but gluttons for punishment are sure to find the default game a challenge.

I hadn't been following this game super closely, and I had been curious about it but didn't know if I wanted to actually get the game or not until I watched someone playing it on a stream yesterday. After what I saw I definitely want to pick this up now and I'll probably grab it on PS5 after the weekend.

Also, even if you have no interest in getting this game I do at least recommend you check out the April Fools trailer that makes the game look more like every other Soulslike. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I saw a lot of this game being played, beginning to end, and I really would love to give it a go. It's one of those games that has such an attention to detail that I can super appreciate.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I saw a lot of this game being played, beginning to end, and I really would love to give it a go. It's one of those games that has such an attention to detail that I can super appreciate.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It looks okay. Probably not something I'll pick up any time soon and only when it's on sale for a decent discount.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It looks okay. Probably not something I'll pick up any time soon and only when it's on sale for a decent discount.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 28th, 2024, 01:47 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Funnily enough, that was what I expected my view on this game to be until I saw more footage.

Based on what I've seen, you can tell the developers actually had fun making this game and that it has actual heart to it. I feel like that's not common with a lot of games anymore.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 28th, 2024, 01:47 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Funnily enough, that was what I expected my view on this game to be until I saw more footage.

Based on what I've seen, you can tell the developers actually had fun making this game and that it has actual heart to it. I feel like that's not common with a lot of games anymore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker JennyorAlice 5 5,215 Sep 28th, 2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: WR91