How Often Do You Wait for Games to Go on Sale?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Having recently got a new laptop, there's some games I had seen during the recent Steam Summer Sale that I would have considered getting but didn't at the time because my old laptop couldn't run them, and I wasn't expecting to get a new laptop as soon as I did. So now I'm currently waiting for some of them to go on sale again because I know they will and that the discount is big enough to warrant waiting rather than just buying the game now, and it made me wonder how often everyone else here will wait for stuff to go on sale versus just buying it at full price?

Unless you're eyeballing a Nintendo game; in that case, you'll probably see the heat death of the universe before any of those go on a sale worth waiting for. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Having recently got a new laptop, there's some games I had seen during the recent Steam Summer Sale that I would have considered getting but didn't at the time because my old laptop couldn't run them, and I wasn't expecting to get a new laptop as soon as I did. So now I'm currently waiting for some of them to go on sale again because I know they will and that the discount is big enough to warrant waiting rather than just buying the game now, and it made me wonder how often everyone else here will wait for stuff to go on sale versus just buying it at full price?

Unless you're eyeballing a Nintendo game; in that case, you'll probably see the heat death of the universe before any of those go on a sale worth waiting for. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,778
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't really wait except games on my Switch wishlist but that isn't many, though I keep not getting them when they do go on sale. So whenever a sale happens but I don't go looking for the sale either as I don't buy games a lot anymore. Eh. *shrugs*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,778 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't really wait except games on my Switch wishlist but that isn't many, though I keep not getting them when they do go on sale. So whenever a sale happens but I don't go looking for the sale either as I don't buy games a lot anymore. Eh. *shrugs*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you ever wait for sales a lot in earlier times when you were buying more games @Mr EliteL?

For me, I'll usually wait for a game to go on sale if it's something I don't want to pay full price for at launch or if the game has been out for a while before it catches my eye but is still being sold at full price. I rarely bother to check sales outside of big ones though only because I just don't keep it in mind to keep an eye on game prices regularly. It also doesn't help that for a lot of games that I won't buy at launch, by the time they do go down in price my interest in them has faltered so even on sale it can be unlikely I'll care enough anymore to actually buy that game.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you ever wait for sales a lot in earlier times when you were buying more games @Mr EliteL?

For me, I'll usually wait for a game to go on sale if it's something I don't want to pay full price for at launch or if the game has been out for a while before it catches my eye but is still being sold at full price. I rarely bother to check sales outside of big ones though only because I just don't keep it in mind to keep an eye on game prices regularly. It also doesn't help that for a lot of games that I won't buy at launch, by the time they do go down in price my interest in them has faltered so even on sale it can be unlikely I'll care enough anymore to actually buy that game.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,778
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I didn't wait in the past either. There were a few instances though when I wasn't previously interested/didn't know of the game, and it had been some time so naturally it's already on a sale or lower price. Those are probably the only times when I got a game not at full price really.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,778 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I didn't wait in the past either. There were a few instances though when I wasn't previously interested/didn't know of the game, and it had been some time so naturally it's already on a sale or lower price. Those are probably the only times when I got a game not at full price really.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 8th, 2024, 08:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Fair. Now that you mention it I never waited for sales before the PS4, and the only reason I got a game on sale before that console was simply from discovering it late and it just naturally being at a reduced price.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 8th, 2024, 08:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Fair. Now that you mention it I never waited for sales before the PS4, and the only reason I got a game on sale before that console was simply from discovering it late and it just naturally being at a reduced price.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,141
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
All the time, unless it's something I really want.

For example: I'll probably get Civilization VII at full price on the day of release (or soon after), unless the reviews are absolutely terrible. But most other games I get are on sale!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,141 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
All the time, unless it's something I really want.

For example: I'll probably get Civilization VII at full price on the day of release (or soon after), unless the reviews are absolutely terrible. But most other games I get are on sale!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan Made Games Moonface 22 5,638 Aug 26th, 2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Parents in Video Games Moonface 8 500 Aug 23rd, 2024, 02:22 AM
  Anticipated Games Moonface 50 20,242 Jul 28th, 2024, 06:13 PM
  Games That Never Came West? Moonface 6 460 Jul 28th, 2024, 05:23 PM
  Games Done Quick Moonface 42 5,391 Jul 10th, 2024, 07:55 PM