Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
My husband really wanted a Switch and I was thinking of getting it for him for Christmas, but the price is a little steep so we decided to wait on it ><
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
My husband really wanted a Switch and I was thinking of getting it for him for Christmas, but the price is a little steep so we decided to wait on it ><
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So current rumours around the internet suggest that Nintendo might be planning to make a cheaper Nintendo Switch that focuses on just portability:

http://fortune.com/2019/02/01/nintendo-s...unch-2019/
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/31/18205...kei-report
https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/31/nint...r-cheaper/

Given that the 3DS is getting pretty old now, I could see Nintendo wanting to make a new portable focused system but without taking resources away from Switch development. I think it'd be neat, although I wonder how they'll improve the battery life without doing it in a way that negates whatever savings are made from removing the dock and maybe anything in the Switch itself that adds to that functionality.

Also, Gamecube controllers wouldn't work on it because you need USB ports to plug in the adapter for the controllers, and the Switch doesn't have those and given its size, probably couldn't unless the revised version is slightly thicker.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So current rumours around the internet suggest that Nintendo might be planning to make a cheaper Nintendo Switch that focuses on just portability:

http://fortune.com/2019/02/01/nintendo-s...unch-2019/
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/31/18205...kei-report
https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/31/nint...r-cheaper/

Given that the 3DS is getting pretty old now, I could see Nintendo wanting to make a new portable focused system but without taking resources away from Switch development. I think it'd be neat, although I wonder how they'll improve the battery life without doing it in a way that negates whatever savings are made from removing the dock and maybe anything in the Switch itself that adds to that functionality.

Also, Gamecube controllers wouldn't work on it because you need USB ports to plug in the adapter for the controllers, and the Switch doesn't have those and given its size, probably couldn't unless the revised version is slightly thicker.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
If a portable size Switch does release, it has to be the same price they have for the 2DS XL, & it'd sell gangbusters. Cause if they try releasing a portable Switch at current Switch prices they may not sell as many as they could, is my thought.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
If a portable size Switch does release, it has to be the same price they have for the 2DS XL, & it'd sell gangbusters. Cause if they try releasing a portable Switch at current Switch prices they may not sell as many as they could, is my thought.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Making a new Switch (or any revision of an existing system) and not pricing it lower than the current product it's building on would be a death sentence. It'd end up being cheaper to buy a current Switch and have a battery pack on you to charge it. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Making a new Switch (or any revision of an existing system) and not pricing it lower than the current product it's building on would be a death sentence. It'd end up being cheaper to buy a current Switch and have a battery pack on you to charge it. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Well atmo Nintendo is still supporting the 3DS, so it's the only reason I'm saying that. I mean if they are going to be competing with themselves, it's a bit doubtful that most people would pay the full $300 price tag for it. Not when you could just get just a normal Switch that also hooks up to your tv; is the way I look at it. :p
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Well atmo Nintendo is still supporting the 3DS, so it's the only reason I'm saying that. I mean if they are going to be competing with themselves, it's a bit doubtful that most people would pay the full $300 price tag for it. Not when you could just get just a normal Switch that also hooks up to your tv; is the way I look at it. :p
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
If it does I would bet a million bucks it would drop the same day as the 2019 Pokemon games.
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
If it does I would bet a million bucks it would drop the same day as the 2019 Pokemon games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 2nd, 2019, 06:28 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
I could see it. I don't know what other big hit Nintendo has for 2019 they could release it with to push sales; especially sales that would be on par with a new Pokemon title.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 2nd, 2019, 06:28 AM)fantanoice Wrote:
I could see it. I don't know what other big hit Nintendo has for 2019 they could release it with to push sales; especially sales that would be on par with a new Pokemon title.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
About time a new Nintendo handheld needs to be made, and a smaller Switch I can easily see happening. Yeah, smaller size, less or removal of the bulky dock (OK, it's not but for a handheld it would be) will mean less inputs and other such stuff. I see Verge mentioning a possibility of no cartridge slot, which would deter me completely personally.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
About time a new Nintendo handheld needs to be made, and a smaller Switch I can easily see happening. Yeah, smaller size, less or removal of the bulky dock (OK, it's not but for a handheld it would be) will mean less inputs and other such stuff. I see Verge mentioning a possibility of no cartridge slot, which would deter me completely personally.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt the dock would be included for a Switch focused on portability. A lack of cartridges is also an absolutely terrible idea unless Nintendo put way more storage space in the Switch. Otherwise it'll need an SD card slot, and if you can fit that in then you could fit a cartridge port in (not that it's even big to begin with).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt the dock would be included for a Switch focused on portability. A lack of cartridges is also an absolutely terrible idea unless Nintendo put way more storage space in the Switch. Otherwise it'll need an SD card slot, and if you can fit that in then you could fit a cartridge port in (not that it's even big to begin with).
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd say that Animal Crossing Switch could move the console, since Animal Crossing is a huge fan favorite. I should know, cause if I didn't have a Switch by now the Animal Crossing title would get me to buy it, if not for my getting it already for SM:O. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I'd say that Animal Crossing Switch could move the console, since Animal Crossing is a huge fan favorite. I should know, cause if I didn't have a Switch by now the Animal Crossing title would get me to buy it, if not for my getting it already for SM:O. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I came pretty close to buying a Switch today, but in the end I decided I could not justify it just so I could play Octopath Traveler.

I looked at some other Switch games, but man there is nothing of interest there. I thought about Fire Emblem Warriors just so I'd have a second game, but I haven't heard one good thing about that game, so I don't really want to buy a game that is complete ass.

I need some game to release on the Switch that interest me that also don't release on PS4/Steam, because in those instances there's no reason for me to even consider the Switch versions over superior PS4/PC versions.

Thought about Smash, but I just haven't cared about Smash at all since Melee. I'd be interested in getting Gun Gun Pixies on it if it wasn't for the fact that PQube is also releasing that on Steam (and there's no reason to pick getting it on Switch over Steam).

I wish the Switch had more choices for older games on it. Like, I would love to be able to get some of my favorite SNES games on it, and even a handful of GBA games. If they made it possible to play games like Golden Sun and Fire Emblem 7/8 on the Switch, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I am actively looking for reasons to get a Switch, they just aren't giving me any. FeelsBadMan
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I came pretty close to buying a Switch today, but in the end I decided I could not justify it just so I could play Octopath Traveler.

I looked at some other Switch games, but man there is nothing of interest there. I thought about Fire Emblem Warriors just so I'd have a second game, but I haven't heard one good thing about that game, so I don't really want to buy a game that is complete ass.

I need some game to release on the Switch that interest me that also don't release on PS4/Steam, because in those instances there's no reason for me to even consider the Switch versions over superior PS4/PC versions.

Thought about Smash, but I just haven't cared about Smash at all since Melee. I'd be interested in getting Gun Gun Pixies on it if it wasn't for the fact that PQube is also releasing that on Steam (and there's no reason to pick getting it on Switch over Steam).

I wish the Switch had more choices for older games on it. Like, I would love to be able to get some of my favorite SNES games on it, and even a handful of GBA games. If they made it possible to play games like Golden Sun and Fire Emblem 7/8 on the Switch, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I am actively looking for reasons to get a Switch, they just aren't giving me any. FeelsBadMan
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I saw this rumour today about two new Switch models coming soon, and thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone thinks about it.

I expect Nintendo will release at least one new Switch model, since that has always been a thing with them on the handheld side of things and given that Switch is a hybrid of that and a home console, the track record is there for it to happen.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I saw this rumour today about two new Switch models coming soon, and thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone thinks about it.

I expect Nintendo will release at least one new Switch model, since that has always been a thing with them on the handheld side of things and given that Switch is a hybrid of that and a home console, the track record is there for it to happen.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm honestly hoping its false because it seems too early to me for a new nintendo switch model and since their idea that its a "home console" then they should at least wait to see the sales actually go down and not follow some sorta dumb prediction model. We don't even have animal crossing, fire emblem, or Pokemon for the switch yet it seems far too early in it life line to give it that extra boost.

Maybe once the sales start going down.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm honestly hoping its false because it seems too early to me for a new nintendo switch model and since their idea that its a "home console" then they should at least wait to see the sales actually go down and not follow some sorta dumb prediction model. We don't even have animal crossing, fire emblem, or Pokemon for the switch yet it seems far too early in it life line to give it that extra boost.

Maybe once the sales start going down.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think it'll be too early. PS4 was 2013 and the PS4 Pro was 2016. XBO was 2013 and XBO X was 2016. Switch has been out for two years, and if they released a new version this summer it would be sooner than what Sony/Microsoft did but not by a significant margin. Plus, announcing it prior to those games releasing makes way for a lot of easy money making bundles. Why bundle just a regular Switch with those new games when you could make the bundles with multiple models to cover as much of the market as possible?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think it'll be too early. PS4 was 2013 and the PS4 Pro was 2016. XBO was 2013 and XBO X was 2016. Switch has been out for two years, and if they released a new version this summer it would be sooner than what Sony/Microsoft did but not by a significant margin. Plus, announcing it prior to those games releasing makes way for a lot of easy money making bundles. Why bundle just a regular Switch with those new games when you could make the bundles with multiple models to cover as much of the market as possible?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Kind of irritated, tbh. Just bought a Switch a week ago only for them to announce that they'll be an improved version releasing soon.

I guess if I wanted to go through the headache of resetting my Switch, bringing it back to Target to return it for a refund, and then wait and buy the new model when it releases I could, but that's honestly a huge pain in the ass.

I guess I'll wait to see what exactly this enhanced version offers for the base Switch before I make a decision on whether or not I want to go through the process of getting the new one.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Kind of irritated, tbh. Just bought a Switch a week ago only for them to announce that they'll be an improved version releasing soon.

I guess if I wanted to go through the headache of resetting my Switch, bringing it back to Target to return it for a refund, and then wait and buy the new model when it releases I could, but that's honestly a huge pain in the ass.

I guess I'll wait to see what exactly this enhanced version offers for the base Switch before I make a decision on whether or not I want to go through the process of getting the new one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 18 675 Apr 7th, 2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 791 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,588 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
  Nintendo Switch is 5 Years Old Today Moonface 6 1,894 Mar 7th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  PSA: Enable 2FA on Your Nintendo Accounts Moonface 6 4,381 Apr 24th, 2020, 05:21 PM