Red Dead Redemption II
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Initial impressions of RDR Online are that it takes at least 8-9 hours to get a single gold bar. Just insuring a horse costs 5 bars.

I was worried that the grind and microtransactions of GTAO would affect this game, and it looks like that will be the case. If that's what Rockstar are going to be doing, then I won't even boot up the online mode for this game. It'll just be a waste of time.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Initial impressions of RDR Online are that it takes at least 8-9 hours to get a single gold bar. Just insuring a horse costs 5 bars.

I was worried that the grind and microtransactions of GTAO would affect this game, and it looks like that will be the case. If that's what Rockstar are going to be doing, then I won't even boot up the online mode for this game. It'll just be a waste of time.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
See thats the problem with all these MMO type games they milk way too much money. Eh I'm disappointed to hear that RDO is being plagued by this, beside the shitty micro transaction Moony how does it feel compared to say the real game? Speaking of RDR2 have you beat it yet?

I'm still working my way through it, but I am really enjoying it so far! I just wish their was a way to get a horse your looking for easier than waiting for it to spawn or wait till the late game because part of me kinda gets attached my old horse. I'd love to have a horse follow me throughout my journey!

Its also kinda neat seeing the gang interacting before the fall of RDR1 and it makes me want to be able to play it again, but I don't own a PS3 anymore. Sad
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
See thats the problem with all these MMO type games they milk way too much money. Eh I'm disappointed to hear that RDO is being plagued by this, beside the shitty micro transaction Moony how does it feel compared to say the real game? Speaking of RDR2 have you beat it yet?

I'm still working my way through it, but I am really enjoying it so far! I just wish their was a way to get a horse your looking for easier than waiting for it to spawn or wait till the late game because part of me kinda gets attached my old horse. I'd love to have a horse follow me throughout my journey!

Its also kinda neat seeing the gang interacting before the fall of RDR1 and it makes me want to be able to play it again, but I don't own a PS3 anymore. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My PS+ expired and I won't activate my new one for the sake of seeing if RDRO is actually salvageable or not. Generally I've just seen people saying it's a grind or that there really isn't much to do. You can't do as many things in the world as you can in the single player, and I don't feel enticed to go online to have less to do and be griefed while trying to do whatever there is remaining.

As for the single player, I just got to Chapter 6 this morning. Also you could just buy a horse from a stable, which is what I did. I couldn't be bothered to look for horses and I've only ever actually encountered one wild herd of horses in my entire time playing. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My PS+ expired and I won't activate my new one for the sake of seeing if RDRO is actually salvageable or not. Generally I've just seen people saying it's a grind or that there really isn't much to do. You can't do as many things in the world as you can in the single player, and I don't feel enticed to go online to have less to do and be griefed while trying to do whatever there is remaining.

As for the single player, I just got to Chapter 6 this morning. Also you could just buy a horse from a stable, which is what I did. I couldn't be bothered to look for horses and I've only ever actually encountered one wild herd of horses in my entire time playing. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I actually tried it out by activating another free trial for it and I honestly wasn't that impressed. To be fair I like RDR for its story not particularly the wild west set as I prefer messing around in GTA than RDR.

See I wanted to get the best horse possible, but you can't get them until later in the game and it seems like you either have to steal one or buy them and I"m like..."I jsut want it now!" as for the wild horses I found that kind of funny as I seen herds of them all around. Eh
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I actually tried it out by activating another free trial for it and I honestly wasn't that impressed. To be fair I like RDR for its story not particularly the wild west set as I prefer messing around in GTA than RDR.

See I wanted to get the best horse possible, but you can't get them until later in the game and it seems like you either have to steal one or buy them and I"m like..."I jsut want it now!" as for the wild horses I found that kind of funny as I seen herds of them all around. Eh
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
We bought RDR2 for my dad for Christmas, I'll have to borrow it when he's done with it! XD

My favourite part about RDR was Undead Nightmare though, and I'd really love to see them do that for this one too.
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
We bought RDR2 for my dad for Christmas, I'll have to borrow it when he's done with it! XD

My favourite part about RDR was Undead Nightmare though, and I'd really love to see them do that for this one too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Same, I'd adore an Undead Nightmare II. It'd be cool to defend the camp from zombies and upgrade defenses for it and it'd be something that feels fitting to include from the base game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Same, I'd adore an Undead Nightmare II. It'd be cool to defend the camp from zombies and upgrade defenses for it and it'd be something that feels fitting to include from the base game.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Yesss! I had a blast with Undead Nightmare xD I actually played that before the original game. There were so many things like finding the horses of the apocalypse or the other 'mythical creatures' that was really fun Grin
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Yesss! I had a blast with Undead Nightmare xD I actually played that before the original game. There were so many things like finding the horses of the apocalypse or the other 'mythical creatures' that was really fun Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just finished the main story and while good, I feel like RDR1 had a better ending in terms of spectacle and impact.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just finished the main story and while good, I feel like RDR1 had a better ending in terms of spectacle and impact.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I started Red Dead Redemption II a month or so ago and got about 7 hours in and was hooked. I need to get back into it as I'm only about 20% done with it.

But I'm 17 parts through for my YouTube channel and if you care to check it out in November you can do so by checking out my channel Brian Kreashko Jr. on YouTube.

Sorry for the cheap plug but RDR2 will be my biggest series on my channel and I hope it does well.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I started Red Dead Redemption II a month or so ago and got about 7 hours in and was hooked. I need to get back into it as I'm only about 20% done with it.

But I'm 17 parts through for my YouTube channel and if you care to check it out in November you can do so by checking out my channel Brian Kreashko Jr. on YouTube.

Sorry for the cheap plug but RDR2 will be my biggest series on my channel and I hope it does well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 05:38 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:

You are actually welcome to make threads for Let's Play series and whatnot in the subforum of General Gaming. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

You are actually welcome to make threads for Let's Play series and whatnot in the subforum of General Gaming. Smile
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ok. Cool. I'll have to do that in the next few days!
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ok. Cool. I'll have to do that in the next few days!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead By Daylight Karo 112 26,566 Aug 1st, 2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Dead Space (Series) WR91 24 6,279 Jan 29th, 2023, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Walking Dead (Telltale Series) WR91 1 2,043 Oct 2nd, 2020, 09:48 PM
Last Post: WR91