Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@queenzelda: Yeah, that's the one. It's definitely the best "custom" Switch that Nintendo have put out there, and I love the Joy-Cons. I could see them coming out separately at a later time, so that way people are more incentivised to get the full Switch instead of just waiting for pieces of it. I don't think there's been any colours that are exclusive to the full system, has there? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,556 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@queenzelda: Yeah, that's the one. It's definitely the best "custom" Switch that Nintendo have put out there, and I love the Joy-Cons. I could see them coming out separately at a later time, so that way people are more incentivised to get the full Switch instead of just waiting for pieces of it. I don't think there's been any colours that are exclusive to the full system, has there? Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Feb 3rd, 2020, 10:42 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I don't think there's been any colours that are exclusive to the full system, has there? Hmm 

Not that I know of from off the top of my head; but that may change over time. You never know.  Whistle

New AC:NH trailer
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Feb 3rd, 2020, 10:42 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I don't think there's been any colours that are exclusive to the full system, has there? Hmm 

Not that I know of from off the top of my head; but that may change over time. You never know.  Whistle

New AC:NH trailer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
According to a translation of the game brochure for the German version of the game, the following restrictions are in place:
  • One island per Switch system. Changing profiles will just have that profile playing on that same island started by the prior profile.
  • No save backup system, including cloud saves.
  • You can not transfer saves between systems. It is locked to the Switch it is made on.
  • Multiple game copies on one system will not circumvent the one island restriction.
Really Nintendo? I thought we left behind this one save shit with the 3DS. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
According to a translation of the game brochure for the German version of the game, the following restrictions are in place:
  • One island per Switch system. Changing profiles will just have that profile playing on that same island started by the prior profile.
  • No save backup system, including cloud saves.
  • You can not transfer saves between systems. It is locked to the Switch it is made on.
  • Multiple game copies on one system will not circumvent the one island restriction.
Really Nintendo? I thought we left behind this one save shit with the 3DS. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
ROFL How do you think they were able to allow 4 characters on the same island? Along with 4 more to be able to come over to the island? It's because they coded it to where each person is locked to the same island. I figured that was the case when the first showed. I'm still getting the game & playing it. Yea, I get the same island for the same Switch. But I bought a Switch lite; so I can have two different islands.

Hopefully you get a choice of island layouts like with New Leaf; when you got to choose your town layout.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
ROFL How do you think they were able to allow 4 characters on the same island? Along with 4 more to be able to come over to the island? It's because they coded it to where each person is locked to the same island. I figured that was the case when the first showed. I'm still getting the game & playing it. Yea, I get the same island for the same Switch. But I bought a Switch lite; so I can have two different islands.

Hopefully you get a choice of island layouts like with New Leaf; when you got to choose your town layout.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 6th, 2020, 12:48 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
ROFL How do you think they were able to allow 4 characters on the same island? Along with 4 more to be able to come over to the island? It's because they coded it to where each person is locked to the same island. I figured that was the case when the first showed.
I'd buy that reasoning except games like Stardew allow four players on a single farm but I'm not limited to having a single save nor does every player have to share that one save file either. Even Minecraft isn't that restrictive and yet its worlds are far bigger and diverse than what I expect of this game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 6th, 2020, 12:48 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
ROFL How do you think they were able to allow 4 characters on the same island? Along with 4 more to be able to come over to the island? It's because they coded it to where each person is locked to the same island. I figured that was the case when the first showed.
I'd buy that reasoning except games like Stardew allow four players on a single farm but I'm not limited to having a single save nor does every player have to share that one save file either. Even Minecraft isn't that restrictive and yet its worlds are far bigger and diverse than what I expect of this game.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, but Stardew Valley is liek 2D & Minecraft has server space. Animal Crossing has no server space & Stardew Valley probably has less space due to how smol it's file size is cause it's 2d; so saving multiple files with different layouts is fine. It's like comparing 2 different kinds of apples (yellow delicious with red mountain) with an orange.

I think they're pulling this 'crap' because they want to move more Switch consoles; simple as that.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, but Stardew Valley is liek 2D & Minecraft has server space. Animal Crossing has no server space & Stardew Valley probably has less space due to how smol it's file size is cause it's 2d; so saving multiple files with different layouts is fine. It's like comparing 2 different kinds of apples (yellow delicious with red mountain) with an orange.

I think they're pulling this 'crap' because they want to move more Switch consoles; simple as that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 7th, 2020, 12:03 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Yea, but Stardew Valley is liek 2D & Minecraft has server space.
Minecraft doesn't run on servers except for online multiplayer on PC. Anything LAN or single player is all done as a save held on the respective system.

If we want to make a more possibly like-to-like comparison, what about Pokemon? That was always one save per system until the Switch, and now it's per profile.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 7th, 2020, 12:03 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Yea, but Stardew Valley is liek 2D & Minecraft has server space.
Minecraft doesn't run on servers except for online multiplayer on PC. Anything LAN or single player is all done as a save held on the respective system.

If we want to make a more possibly like-to-like comparison, what about Pokemon? That was always one save per system until the Switch, and now it's per profile.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 7th, 2020, 01:24 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Yea, but your still exploring the same island. Tongue xD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 7th, 2020, 01:24 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Yea, but your still exploring the same island. Tongue xD
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
In the end it's just Nintendo being weird about features they think people would use to cheat the game with, when people are going to time travel, or turn their island into a dump anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
In the end it's just Nintendo being weird about features they think people would use to cheat the game with, when people are going to time travel, or turn their island into a dump anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok, maybe the Animal Crossing New Horizons DIRECT airing in 2 days will clear some stuff up; (maybe) BUT we'll see.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok, maybe the Animal Crossing New Horizons DIRECT airing in 2 days will clear some stuff up; (maybe) BUT we'll see.

King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Looks like I'm up in time for this direct... Should be interesting.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Looks like I'm up in time for this direct... Should be interesting.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't get to see all of Part 3 but from what I did see I really want this game! I was worried the shared island thing would mean maybe certain things could be missed by a player but it looks like there isn't much of that that can happen. I'm going to waste so much time just making pretty shit if I get my hands on this game though. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't get to see all of Part 3 but from what I did see I really want this game! I was worried the shared island thing would mean maybe certain things could be missed by a player but it looks like there isn't much of that that can happen. I'm going to waste so much time just making pretty shit if I get my hands on this game though. ROFL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her

The Direct.

...and a few tweets full of info.

You can have up to 8 players living on your island. 8 players total on your island via wifi playing together. You can build it up, set up your animals homes where you want. You'll be using an airport station to invite friends over. You get a phone (in game) that awards you points, you can use towards rewards. You can also scan in Animal Crossing character amiibo & cards, allowing them to visit your isle. Not to mention the fact you can scan in your QR codes from past 3ds Animal Crossing games into NH; that's going to be sweet.

->You have to use a friggen phone app just to use voice chat. when you could just download discord & just use that.. omg.

You can build stairs, outside. You can also redesign your whole island. I mean the amount of customization is just INSANE. o-O
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her

The Direct.

...and a few tweets full of info.

You can have up to 8 players living on your island. 8 players total on your island via wifi playing together. You can build it up, set up your animals homes where you want. You'll be using an airport station to invite friends over. You get a phone (in game) that awards you points, you can use towards rewards. You can also scan in Animal Crossing character amiibo & cards, allowing them to visit your isle. Not to mention the fact you can scan in your QR codes from past 3ds Animal Crossing games into NH; that's going to be sweet.

->You have to use a friggen phone app just to use voice chat. when you could just download discord & just use that.. omg.

You can build stairs, outside. You can also redesign your whole island. I mean the amount of customization is just INSANE. o-O
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The phone app isn't a surprise, Nintendo do that for every game they have. The only good thing it does is display text messages in-game if only one person is actually using the app.

Also, the fine print of the save recovery service is you get to use it one time only. I suppose it makes sense since losing or damaging a Switch shouldn't happen often enough to need this more than once, but I don't really get the need to restrict it anyway.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The phone app isn't a surprise, Nintendo do that for every game they have. The only good thing it does is display text messages in-game if only one person is actually using the app.

Also, the fine print of the save recovery service is you get to use it one time only. I suppose it makes sense since losing or damaging a Switch shouldn't happen often enough to need this more than once, but I don't really get the need to restrict it anyway.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The whole cloud back-up not being enabled on a first party game means they've probably been working on this title long before cloud-saving was even a thing (meaning in the Wii U/3DS era), so foundationally, it's possible that they weren't able to somehow pull the architecture out what they've coded to do such a thing, which is probably why the "emergency" backup plan exists to a degree because they're probably scrambling to find ways to do that all.

Or I may just be too optimistic and Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing at any given time ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The whole cloud back-up not being enabled on a first party game means they've probably been working on this title long before cloud-saving was even a thing (meaning in the Wii U/3DS era), so foundationally, it's possible that they weren't able to somehow pull the architecture out what they've coded to do such a thing, which is probably why the "emergency" backup plan exists to a degree because they're probably scrambling to find ways to do that all.

Or I may just be too optimistic and Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing at any given time ROFL