PlayStation Classic
Metallix Offline
Beginner
XP: 275
(01-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I suggest scrolling up and checking Digital Foundry's video that I posted. It isn't optimized that well for the hardware it runs on so I don't know how it'll run sideloaded games. I haven't researched into it at all because i have no need. modded vita with the internal emulator the psp used which is superior to the classic's emulation
This would be ideal. Unfortunately my PSTV is too high of a firmware to be permanently hacked. Buying a Vita would be more expensive although maybe a prehacked PSTV would be cheap. 

(01-12-2019, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Even optimisation matters aside, I still think paying $60 for an emulator you could run on a PC for free is still a bit much. It would need to be at least half that again for me to consider buying it as an emulator in a pretty box regardless of how well it runs.
I have it on my PC but no dedicated PC to keep at the TV and it’s a pain in the butt getting my laptop hooked up. Upgraded graphics are nice but not really something I need.
Metallix Offline
Beginner
(01-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I suggest scrolling up and checking Digital Foundry's video that I posted. It isn't optimized that well for the hardware it runs on so I don't know how it'll run sideloaded games. I haven't researched into it at all because i have no need. modded vita with the internal emulator the psp used which is superior to the classic's emulation
This would be ideal. Unfortunately my PSTV is too high of a firmware to be permanently hacked. Buying a Vita would be more expensive although maybe a prehacked PSTV would be cheap. 

(01-12-2019, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Even optimisation matters aside, I still think paying $60 for an emulator you could run on a PC for free is still a bit much. It would need to be at least half that again for me to consider buying it as an emulator in a pretty box regardless of how well it runs.
I have it on my PC but no dedicated PC to keep at the TV and it’s a pain in the butt getting my laptop hooked up. Upgraded graphics are nice but not really something I need.
Monocle Online
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita and Switch!
XP: 224
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Well patience imo. The FloW already said he'd bring his hack to 3.69 this year. Just waiting for Sony to finish cutting the string it has holding the vita up
Monocle Online
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita and Switch!
XP: 224
Well patience imo. The FloW already said he'd bring his hack to 3.69 this year. Just waiting for Sony to finish cutting the string it has holding the vita up
Metallix Offline
Beginner
I’ve seen this going for $30 now at some places. Also heard that Retroarch has been ported which improves emulation and allows you to play any retro console from Nes to Dreamcast. Definitely considering it now with that info. I’ll bite for $30-50. 

https://youtu.be/ff1ibYu9Hss
Metallix Offline
Beginner
I’ve seen this going for $30 now at some places. Also heard that Retroarch has been ported which improves emulation and allows you to play any retro console from Nes to Dreamcast. Definitely considering it now with that info. I’ll bite for $30-50. 

https://youtu.be/ff1ibYu9Hss
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 804
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
If it's already dropping to $30 I can see it going even lower before it's even been out for a full year, so I'm going to continue to wait for a further price drop.

It really shows how much Sony dropped the ball with this thing.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 804
If it's already dropping to $30 I can see it going even lower before it's even been out for a full year, so I'm going to continue to wait for a further price drop.

It really shows how much Sony dropped the ball with this thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation 5 Metallix 25 433 Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation 5 Moonface 18 929 02-25-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  What Would You Want On Other Classic-Style Console Releases? Moonface 4 550 11-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Monocle
  Playstation Vita to end production in 2019 Monocle 5 687 10-02-2018, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Monocle