Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, the man, the myth, the legend of Japanese composition, Nobuo Uematsu, announced a few days ago that he was taking an indefinite hiatus due to illness. For those that are unfamiliar with him, Nobuo Uematsu is basically THE JRPG composer, having become famous for his compositions in Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger (edit: didnt fact-check; Uematsu provided a few tracks to CT, but it was overall Yasunori Mitsuda's work), as well as doing games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and that really epic theme song to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The man has a career spanning more than three decades, as well as running two different rock bands that play covers of his own compositions. I could go on, but he's basically one of the most famous composers in gaming; what could I even say to truly describe his accomplishments.

Uematsu has not yet disclosed what his health problem is, and while I think everyone wishes him a speedy recovery, I will go on record as saying I will not be surprised if he doesn't return. Again, he's been in the game for more than three decades; The man is going to hit the big 6-0 next March. For everything he's done, I'd say he's earned a retirement.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, the man, the myth, the legend of Japanese composition, Nobuo Uematsu, announced a few days ago that he was taking an indefinite hiatus due to illness. For those that are unfamiliar with him, Nobuo Uematsu is basically THE JRPG composer, having become famous for his compositions in Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger (edit: didnt fact-check; Uematsu provided a few tracks to CT, but it was overall Yasunori Mitsuda's work), as well as doing games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and that really epic theme song to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The man has a career spanning more than three decades, as well as running two different rock bands that play covers of his own compositions. I could go on, but he's basically one of the most famous composers in gaming; what could I even say to truly describe his accomplishments.

Uematsu has not yet disclosed what his health problem is, and while I think everyone wishes him a speedy recovery, I will go on record as saying I will not be surprised if he doesn't return. Again, he's been in the game for more than three decades; The man is going to hit the big 6-0 next March. For everything he's done, I'd say he's earned a retirement.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
To claim an indefinite hiatus makes me feel the illness is more than just something he could get over. Dark thought I know, but my instant impression is "Guy's going to drop dead before the end of the year" from how it sounds so far.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
To claim an indefinite hiatus makes me feel the illness is more than just something he could get over. Dark thought I know, but my instant impression is "Guy's going to drop dead before the end of the year" from how it sounds so far.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
He did mention in the blog post that it had been plaguing him for the past couple years, so I'm actually kinda with you, there.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
He did mention in the blog post that it had been plaguing him for the past couple years, so I'm actually kinda with you, there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If he's had it for years, and has yet to disclose it, I expect it's something bad that he's not sharing so people don't get a definitive answer of "Yes, this will kill the man in x years".
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If he's had it for years, and has yet to disclose it, I expect it's something bad that he's not sharing so people don't get a definitive answer of "Yes, this will kill the man in x years".
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Unfortunate news, but acceptable in his decision to halt creating music. A soon as I read the title, I thought it could be something that'll eventually do him in. I assume he has a respected fanbase and loads familiar with his work, and will enjoy what he has left for us. The Main Theme for Brawl is song I know most bu him, and yeah was indeed epic. Many others too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Unfortunate news, but acceptable in his decision to halt creating music. A soon as I read the title, I thought it could be something that'll eventually do him in. I assume he has a respected fanbase and loads familiar with his work, and will enjoy what he has left for us. The Main Theme for Brawl is song I know most bu him, and yeah was indeed epic. Many others too.