lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
TellTale Games creators of The Wolf Among Us, Minecraft: Story mode, and many, story based third party IP games such as Batman, and GoT The Sam and Max reboot, Walking Dead, etc. , is reportedly closing left with just a skeleton staff right now of 25.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/327085/Re...g_down.php

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
TellTale Games creators of The Wolf Among Us, Minecraft: Story mode, and many, story based third party IP games such as Batman, and GoT The Sam and Max reboot, Walking Dead, etc. , is reportedly closing left with just a skeleton staff right now of 25.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/327085/Re...g_down.php
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
WOW! Of all the developers I'd expect to see shut down, Telltale Games is definitely not one of them. The hell happened?!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
WOW! Of all the developers I'd expect to see shut down, Telltale Games is definitely not one of them. The hell happened?!
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I would expect the lawsuit from their co founder and former CEO didn't help,
nor the bad press about how mistreated their employees,
nor the fact that people have been for years saying how stale TellTales' formula is/was and how it felt stagnate as not even a new game engine was ever used (infact Stranger Things was suppose to be their move over to Unity...)

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I would expect the lawsuit from their co founder and former CEO didn't help,
nor the bad press about how mistreated their employees,
nor the fact that people have been for years saying how stale TellTales' formula is/was and how it felt stagnate as not even a new game engine was ever used (infact Stranger Things was suppose to be their move over to Unity...)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was a little surprised at first by this news but after thinking on it, it feels like it was inevitable. Having all those licenses and failing to reach the success TWD Season 1 had was likely making it hard to generate a healthy amount of money for the company. Also, it seems apart from Minecraft Story Mode for Netflix, all other projects are cancelled, including the final season of TWD.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was a little surprised at first by this news but after thinking on it, it feels like it was inevitable. Having all those licenses and failing to reach the success TWD Season 1 had was likely making it hard to generate a healthy amount of money for the company. Also, it seems apart from Minecraft Story Mode for Netflix, all other projects are cancelled, including the final season of TWD.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Personally doesn't bother me, as I never really thought their games were any good. Sucks for the 250-ish employees that got laid off and only have one week of health insurance left and most of them can't get unemployment due to being contracted.

From what I've read, sounds like this is happening due to extremely terrible management. Sad that the little guys have to suffer for the stupidity of the big wigs, but I guess that's how the world has worked since... well, forever.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Personally doesn't bother me, as I never really thought their games were any good. Sucks for the 250-ish employees that got laid off and only have one week of health insurance left and most of them can't get unemployment due to being contracted.

From what I've read, sounds like this is happening due to extremely terrible management. Sad that the little guys have to suffer for the stupidity of the big wigs, but I guess that's how the world has worked since... well, forever.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Wait does that mean the Walking Dead final season...isn't going to be finished? This is awful! D:
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Wait does that mean the Walking Dead final season...isn't going to be finished? This is awful! D:
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah this is startling news for me. OK, I never bought any of their games, but thought they were doing OK at least. I didn't pry into what their staff were like and how the studio was actually doing. When did the news about how bad employees were treating come about? Just terrible and disappointing for all reasons. I only followed TWD on YouTube anyway, and thoroughly enjoyed it so far, even the seasons after S1 (although that one remains to be the best). Was thinking about finally buying the whole series after S4 finished and a pack is released, but there'll be no point now, with S4 being unfinished and damage already being done. Eh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah this is startling news for me. OK, I never bought any of their games, but thought they were doing OK at least. I didn't pry into what their staff were like and how the studio was actually doing. When did the news about how bad employees were treating come about? Just terrible and disappointing for all reasons. I only followed TWD on YouTube anyway, and thoroughly enjoyed it so far, even the seasons after S1 (although that one remains to be the best). Was thinking about finally buying the whole series after S4 finished and a pack is released, but there'll be no point now, with S4 being unfinished and damage already being done. Eh
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Looks like March of this year is when the Toxic management/work place conditions came out:
http://archive.is/modCn

Also looks like employees complained about underpaid/overworked, the culture of management, among other issues before the news broke too:
http://archive.is/TZnDs

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
Looks like March of this year is when the Toxic management/work place conditions came out:
http://archive.is/modCn

Also looks like employees complained about underpaid/overworked, the culture of management, among other issues before the news broke too:
http://archive.is/TZnDs
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, Telltale is the new Team Bondi: a company with a supremely successful game that ended up dying due to controversy and poor working conditions.

F*** this industry.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, Telltale is the new Team Bondi: a company with a supremely successful game that ended up dying due to controversy and poor working conditions.

F*** this industry.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 22nd, 2018, 07:09 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

F*** this industry.

To be fair, every AAA game dev team is basically the same Shit working conditions (going back to at lease over a decade ago https://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html ) to well just look at how much controversy EA games has from paying people to "protest" them to how they handled the PR of BFV and SWBFII, among a whole host of shit inbetween.

Ubi is guilty of it, Valve is guilty of it, etc etc etc.

Some get "lucky" to be an early player and be an established names, others who are new often are not so lucky.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Sep 22nd, 2018, 07:09 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

F*** this industry.

To be fair, every AAA game dev team is basically the same Shit working conditions (going back to at lease over a decade ago https://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/274.html ) to well just look at how much controversy EA games has from paying people to "protest" them to how they handled the PR of BFV and SWBFII, among a whole host of shit inbetween.

Ubi is guilty of it, Valve is guilty of it, etc etc etc.

Some get "lucky" to be an early player and be an established names, others who are new often are not so lucky.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Telltale is apparently trying to finish The Walking Dead: The Final Season thanks to the help of multiple potential partners:

I'm curious as to who the partners are, and also what they're looking to get out of this. I doubt sales alone is going to be enough reason, because if sales could fund multiple partners to finish the game it could've funded former employees of Telltale to do it instead.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Telltale is apparently trying to finish The Walking Dead: The Final Season thanks to the help of multiple potential partners:

I'm curious as to who the partners are, and also what they're looking to get out of this. I doubt sales alone is going to be enough reason, because if sales could fund multiple partners to finish the game it could've funded former employees of Telltale to do it instead.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Every partner gets to have an in-game cameo role, where they get to brutally dispatch a number of zombies, followed by a one-liner of their choice! *shot*

Some hopeful news, which I'd like to see happen. Forgot Episode 2 was coming out, so glad at least that was happening still. Although there's still a chance 3 and 4 won't get done, but I won't mind so much anymore. Would give players a reason to continue playing though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Every partner gets to have an in-game cameo role, where they get to brutally dispatch a number of zombies, followed by a one-liner of their choice! *shot*

Some hopeful news, which I'd like to see happen. Forgot Episode 2 was coming out, so glad at least that was happening still. Although there's still a chance 3 and 4 won't get done, but I won't mind so much anymore. Would give players a reason to continue playing though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the episodes can't be released, at least release what the story was going to be so people can at least read how it was going to end. I don't think people are as bothered about getting to play the episodes as they are about knowing what the story turns out like. Better than just leaving the entire thing hanging in limbo because no one will make the episodes.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the episodes can't be released, at least release what the story was going to be so people can at least read how it was going to end. I don't think people are as bothered about getting to play the episodes as they are about knowing what the story turns out like. Better than just leaving the entire thing hanging in limbo because no one will make the episodes.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, at least they're trying to get it finished rather than giving the fans a huge middle finger by just saying, "Yeah, we fired nearly our entire company so now we can't finish the season and you just have to deal with only getting half of it."

Doesn't forgive the years of horrible mismanagement that lead to this, but at least it's something.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, at least they're trying to get it finished rather than giving the fans a huge middle finger by just saying, "Yeah, we fired nearly our entire company so now we can't finish the season and you just have to deal with only getting half of it."

Doesn't forgive the years of horrible mismanagement that lead to this, but at least it's something.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Well, this happened:
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Well, this happened:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,103 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 567 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 88 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 722 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 8 298 Jan 19th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Kyng