Favourite NPC's?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Most games have them, so what are your favourite NPC's in games? Smile

One that always stays in my mind is the merchant from Resident Evil 4. By himself he's not that interesting, but his dialogue is what makes him stand out for me. He might even remain as my favourite merchant NPC in any game for all time. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Most games have them, so what are your favourite NPC's in games? Smile

One that always stays in my mind is the merchant from Resident Evil 4. By himself he's not that interesting, but his dialogue is what makes him stand out for me. He might even remain as my favourite merchant NPC in any game for all time. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Barroch from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I like him so much, I'd easily place him among my top 10 favourite gaming characters, even though he's not a playable character. Unless you create his likeness in the character creator, but it's not the same, his appearance isn't what makes him, but does compliment him at least. Same reason as Moony's RE4 merchant, his dialogue. Also his voice actor giving his personality life. Well...figuratively speaking that is, given his attitude to everything. XD Also, Golden Stilettos, for his weapons in Bitterblack Isle all alone? The guy's got balls, or he just uses us/other Arisen as distraction to get around. XD

Luigi in PM:TTYD was cool though. Was surprising and great to see Luigi pop up at Rogueport as Mario is on his adventure. Good downtime listening to his version, his partners and the Super Luigi books' stories.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Barroch from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I like him so much, I'd easily place him among my top 10 favourite gaming characters, even though he's not a playable character. Unless you create his likeness in the character creator, but it's not the same, his appearance isn't what makes him, but does compliment him at least. Same reason as Moony's RE4 merchant, his dialogue. Also his voice actor giving his personality life. Well...figuratively speaking that is, given his attitude to everything. XD Also, Golden Stilettos, for his weapons in Bitterblack Isle all alone? The guy's got balls, or he just uses us/other Arisen as distraction to get around. XD

Luigi in PM:TTYD was cool though. Was surprising and great to see Luigi pop up at Rogueport as Mario is on his adventure. Good downtime listening to his version, his partners and the Super Luigi books' stories.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Over the years, I've come to find that the best NPCs have to have great dialogue. Like, between the few mentioned about, the RE4 merchant? Great dialogue (and delivery, for a game with VA). Luigi in PM:TTYD? Amazing dialogue.

Hell, there are even some trainer characters in Pokemon that you encounter once and have lines like "I like you shorts. They're so nice and comfy!" that are just so out of place but you just adore them for being so good. XD

Also ones that world-build are great as well. They could be literal nobodies but their stories and experiences they share in your brief interactions with them can tell a lot about the game's setting and/or story, and I love that kind of storytelling. Makes the world feel real and lived in.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Over the years, I've come to find that the best NPCs have to have great dialogue. Like, between the few mentioned about, the RE4 merchant? Great dialogue (and delivery, for a game with VA). Luigi in PM:TTYD? Amazing dialogue.

Hell, there are even some trainer characters in Pokemon that you encounter once and have lines like "I like you shorts. They're so nice and comfy!" that are just so out of place but you just adore them for being so good. XD

Also ones that world-build are great as well. They could be literal nobodies but their stories and experiences they share in your brief interactions with them can tell a lot about the game's setting and/or story, and I love that kind of storytelling. Makes the world feel real and lived in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You mentioning NPC's with notable lines @ShiraNoMai makes me remember the one Teensie in Rayman 3 who says this when you free him:
"I have to walk the flowers and water my dog." XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You mentioning NPC's with notable lines @ShiraNoMai makes me remember the one Teensie in Rayman 3 who says this when you free him:
"I have to walk the flowers and water my dog." XD
Ladybyrd402 Offline
This Is The Way
Currently Playing
Fortnite
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo Switch
XP: 715
Fortnite has a lot of NPCs that you can either talk to or fight. The Fortnite NPCs are also the outfits that you can play as. My favorite Fortnite NPC that was my first Fortnite outfit that I got is:

Mando that was added to the game during Chapter 2 Season 5 which started on December 2, 2020 and ended on March 16, 2021.

Here he is as an NPC in front of his ship the Razor Crest:
[Image: 960x0.jpg?fit=scale]

If you were lucky enough to defeat him, he'll drop his jetpack and Amiban Sniper Rifle which you can use during that match only.
[Image: tHRtXPkabmhykpwPASvF.jpg]
Ladybyrd402 Offline
This Is The Way
Currently Playing
Fortnite
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo Switch
XP: 715
Fortnite has a lot of NPCs that you can either talk to or fight. The Fortnite NPCs are also the outfits that you can play as. My favorite Fortnite NPC that was my first Fortnite outfit that I got is:

Mando that was added to the game during Chapter 2 Season 5 which started on December 2, 2020 and ended on March 16, 2021.

Here he is as an NPC in front of his ship the Razor Crest:
[Image: 960x0.jpg?fit=scale]

If you were lucky enough to defeat him, he'll drop his jetpack and Amiban Sniper Rifle which you can use during that match only.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Ladybyrd402: I never knew Fortnite had NPC characters. I thought it was all like that event with Thanos where one player gets to become them by collecting items around the map.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Ladybyrd402: I never knew Fortnite had NPC characters. I thought it was all like that event with Thanos where one player gets to become them by collecting items around the map.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Mimir in God of War (2018) was also a very good NPC. Always provided that extra bit of lore to an area or item, as well as condescending combat commentary, sort of like Daxter in the Jak series.

Villagers from Animal Crossing are also great NPCs. I presently (as expected) love our current Island's occupants:

Beau (Lazy)
Cheri (Peppy)
Flo (Sisterly)
Flip (Jock)
Norma (Normal)
Broccolo (Lazy)
Graham (Smug)
Hippeux (Smug)
Sylvanna (Normal)

We have one vacant slot on our island and we want it filled with another Peppy character to pair with Cheri. I love the Lazy and Sisterly types the best. Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Mimir in God of War (2018) was also a very good NPC. Always provided that extra bit of lore to an area or item, as well as condescending combat commentary, sort of like Daxter in the Jak series.

Villagers from Animal Crossing are also great NPCs. I presently (as expected) love our current Island's occupants:

Beau (Lazy)
Cheri (Peppy)
Flo (Sisterly)
Flip (Jock)
Norma (Normal)
Broccolo (Lazy)
Graham (Smug)
Hippeux (Smug)
Sylvanna (Normal)

We have one vacant slot on our island and we want it filled with another Peppy character to pair with Cheri. I love the Lazy and Sisterly types the best. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't believe I forgot about Mimir when I made this thread. He's such a good character. XD

The nurse in The Evil Within is also really good too. I don't know how she was in the first game but I really enjoy her encounters in the second game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't believe I forgot about Mimir when I made this thread. He's such a good character. XD

The nurse in The Evil Within is also really good too. I don't know how she was in the first game but I really enjoy her encounters in the second game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite/Memorable Cutscenes? Moonface 3 313 10 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Favourite Lines in Games? Moonface 14 2,431 Dec 30th, 2023, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Favourite Game Development Stories? Moonface 0 161 Dec 9th, 2023, 08:37 PM
  Favourite/Preferred Sub-Genres? Moonface 2 385 Sep 13th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  Favourite Descriptions in Games? Moonface 4 957 Jan 24th, 2023, 06:07 PM