Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
You say that you'd need multiple people, but the Saw series was effectively built around us watching the actions of one or two people in response to what was happening around them. Phone Booth was a film about one guy stuck in a phone booth because the person who called him had a rifle trained on him, and the entire movie spirals out from there. There's no reason why the movie can't just be about Jack responding to Atlas' calls, and letting the plot flow from there. In fact, you have a build-up of dramatic tension, because we get to HEAR what the plans are, but we never get to SEE what's happening on the other end of them. We only get to see Jack, and we get to think he is driving the story, and then the plot twist happens, and recontextualizes the entire movie. I think you could make that work in a movie adaptation, but it would take a very deft hand to do so.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
You say that you'd need multiple people, but the Saw series was effectively built around us watching the actions of one or two people in response to what was happening around them. Phone Booth was a film about one guy stuck in a phone booth because the person who called him had a rifle trained on him, and the entire movie spirals out from there. There's no reason why the movie can't just be about Jack responding to Atlas' calls, and letting the plot flow from there. In fact, you have a build-up of dramatic tension, because we get to HEAR what the plans are, but we never get to SEE what's happening on the other end of them. We only get to see Jack, and we get to think he is driving the story, and then the plot twist happens, and recontextualizes the entire movie. I think you could make that work in a movie adaptation, but it would take a very deft hand to do so.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Good point. I haven't seen a Saw movie in so long and I completely forgot about Phone Booth. I guess even something like Die Hard works because it's again a solo dude interacting with what's around him and rarely with other people who aren't enemies or someone on a phone line.

Have you played all the BioShock games or just the first?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Good point. I haven't seen a Saw movie in so long and I completely forgot about Phone Booth. I guess even something like Die Hard works because it's again a solo dude interacting with what's around him and rarely with other people who aren't enemies or someone on a phone line.

Have you played all the BioShock games or just the first?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I've played through Bioshock 1 and Infinite, but I have not finished the DLC of Infinite. I personally think Bioshock Infinite is a bad name for the game, given the major themes surrounding the game, but that's neither here nor there.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I've played through Bioshock 1 and Infinite, but I have not finished the DLC of Infinite. I personally think Bioshock Infinite is a bad name for the game, given the major themes surrounding the game, but that's neither here nor there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 18th, 2022, 11:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I personally think Bioshock Infinite is a bad name for the game, given the major themes surrounding the game, but that's neither here nor there.
Really? I thought it fit quite well with how the ending shows there are infinite universes with all of the Elizabeth's turning up. Do you have an idea of what would be a better name?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 18th, 2022, 11:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I personally think Bioshock Infinite is a bad name for the game, given the major themes surrounding the game, but that's neither here nor there.
Really? I thought it fit quite well with how the ending shows there are infinite universes with all of the Elizabeth's turning up. Do you have an idea of what would be a better name?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Quantum Shock. System Shock had themes of technology, Bioshock had themes of genetic engineering. Given the big sci-fi element of Bioshock Infinite being Quantum Mechanics, that makes far more sense.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Quantum Shock. System Shock had themes of technology, Bioshock had themes of genetic engineering. Given the big sci-fi element of Bioshock Infinite being Quantum Mechanics, that makes far more sense.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only problem with that name would be that from a marketing perspective a lot of people could potentially not realize it's a sequel to BioShock and it being so soon after 2 wouldn't give it the excuse of a soft reboot or separate sequel feeling like BioShock was to System Shock. I get the idea behind your name, but I can see what would stop it being used.

Speaking of BioShock 2, how come you haven't played that one?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only problem with that name would be that from a marketing perspective a lot of people could potentially not realize it's a sequel to BioShock and it being so soon after 2 wouldn't give it the excuse of a soft reboot or separate sequel feeling like BioShock was to System Shock. I get the idea behind your name, but I can see what would stop it being used.

Speaking of BioShock 2, how come you haven't played that one?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Because I see it as one of the most pointless game releases of all time, and therefore had absolutely no interest in playing it. I'm sure it's perfectly fine as a game. I just don't think it has a reason to exist, especially when Bioshock 1 ended as cleanly as it did.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Because I see it as one of the most pointless game releases of all time, and therefore had absolutely no interest in playing it. I'm sure it's perfectly fine as a game. I just don't think it has a reason to exist, especially when Bioshock 1 ended as cleanly as it did.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see your point there. I did play it because I got it free via PS+ along with the other two, and I don't really remember much about it at all. I can't even recall if it had anything it was trying to say like the first and third game did. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see your point there. I did play it because I got it free via PS+ along with the other two, and I don't really remember much about it at all. I can't even recall if it had anything it was trying to say like the first and third game did. Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
How's life been on the west coast (of Florida)?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
How's life been on the west coast (of Florida)?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What was your favourite plasmid in BioShock?
Also, do you think a future game should avoid any references to Rapture and stay entirely standalone, or be sorta like Infinite where it gets shown briefly?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What was your favourite plasmid in BioShock?
Also, do you think a future game should avoid any references to Rapture and stay entirely standalone, or be sorta like Infinite where it gets shown briefly?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Life has been fine. Nothing to really report, sadly.

I'll be honest, I don't actually remember almost all the plasmids in the game series o.=.o; it's been so long since I've played any of them.

I would say "it depends". If the point is to further a major theme of a game already made (i.e. Genetic Engineering, AI and technology, etc.), then it should definitely use a name already used to denote its a sequel. However, if it's trying to explore its own realm of sci-fi, then I would name it different, making sure it ended with "Shock" so people get the obvious spirital successor point of the game.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Life has been fine. Nothing to really report, sadly.

I'll be honest, I don't actually remember almost all the plasmids in the game series o.=.o; it's been so long since I've played any of them.

I would say "it depends". If the point is to further a major theme of a game already made (i.e. Genetic Engineering, AI and technology, etc.), then it should definitely use a name already used to denote its a sequel. However, if it's trying to explore its own realm of sci-fi, then I would name it different, making sure it ended with "Shock" so people get the obvious spirital successor point of the game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, okay. I forget how long ago the games really came out because I played them on PS4 through PS+ which was only a few years ago. XD

@Karo was saying she thinks you got full time at your job. Did you or are you still working on that?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, okay. I forget how long ago the games really came out because I played them on PS4 through PS+ which was only a few years ago. XD

@Karo was saying she thinks you got full time at your job. Did you or are you still working on that?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Working on it. I just haven't started the process, is all. If I do, I should be able to get it (hopefully)
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Working on it. I just haven't started the process, is all. If I do, I should be able to get it (hopefully)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope you're able to get it! ^_^

Since college is on my mind right now from finishing up some homework, I'm curious what degree you would go for if you wanted to go for one? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope you're able to get it! ^_^

Since college is on my mind right now from finishing up some homework, I'm curious what degree you would go for if you wanted to go for one? Hmm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I...have absolutely no idea, anymore. I've basically completely balls'd up my chances of getting that bachelors, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I...have absolutely no idea, anymore. I've basically completely balls'd up my chances of getting that bachelors, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.