What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If you had the money/means/mental fortitude, would you consider going back to college to study History (Music or Otherwise)?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If you had the money/means/mental fortitude, would you consider going back to college to study History (Music or Otherwise)?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
...Maybe? The trouble I would have is that I can't find a topic broad enough to fit my interests, but narrow enough to be a specialty. If I had to state my specialty, it would be "World War 2 and Cold War-Era Ground-based Technology and Military Action". That's great for a Post-Grad, but not for a Bachelor's. And even then, I have all sorts of random off-shoots of information that I just happen to know. One of the only reasons I can really think of that would give me a reason to go for that degree is it would give me a reason to have access to the British Archives, because I want to see those numbers that were tracked for the Blitz myself with my own eyes, and not just quoted from a historian on Wikipedia (mainly because the Exeter reference is LUDICROUS! 19 raids, but only 75 tons of bombs? The f*** is going on?!).
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
...Maybe? The trouble I would have is that I can't find a topic broad enough to fit my interests, but narrow enough to be a specialty. If I had to state my specialty, it would be "World War 2 and Cold War-Era Ground-based Technology and Military Action". That's great for a Post-Grad, but not for a Bachelor's. And even then, I have all sorts of random off-shoots of information that I just happen to know. One of the only reasons I can really think of that would give me a reason to go for that degree is it would give me a reason to have access to the British Archives, because I want to see those numbers that were tracked for the Blitz myself with my own eyes, and not just quoted from a historian on Wikipedia (mainly because the Exeter reference is LUDICROUS! 19 raids, but only 75 tons of bombs? The f*** is going on?!).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I want to ask more about what you've been saying in your last couple of posts but this question just hit me so I want to ask it before I forget: are you excited/interested in the upcoming Dead Space remake? I ask because I randomly saw your Dead Space review thread. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I want to ask more about what you've been saying in your last couple of posts but this question just hit me so I want to ask it before I forget: are you excited/interested in the upcoming Dead Space remake? I ask because I randomly saw your Dead Space review thread. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Not really, but I was never super-invested in the series anyway. I only played the first one; I can't play the second one because of one specific event that just makes my skin crawl even thinking about it. Same reason I haven't played past the first hour or so of the Resident Evil 3 remake: I cannot handle the Generator section. I know that's the only place you find the Drain Deimos. I know once I get past it, I never have to do it again. I just can't do it, though.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Not really, but I was never super-invested in the series anyway. I only played the first one; I can't play the second one because of one specific event that just makes my skin crawl even thinking about it. Same reason I haven't played past the first hour or so of the Resident Evil 3 remake: I cannot handle the Generator section. I know that's the only place you find the Drain Deimos. I know once I get past it, I never have to do it again. I just can't do it, though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to assume the moment in question is the eyeball machine? Tongue
That's a shame though because DS2 is leaps and bounds of an improvement over DS1.

The Drain Deimos are the spider things that can impregnate Jill if they grab her right?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to assume the moment in question is the eyeball machine? Tongue
That's a shame though because DS2 is leaps and bounds of an improvement over DS1.

The Drain Deimos are the spider things that can impregnate Jill if they grab her right?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
You are correct, sir! Also, "Impregnate"? More like "fill her with parasites that she needs to then vomit out in order to not die", but yes! Those are indeed the Drain Deimos. See, the problem with that section isn't the fact that they are there; if that were the case, I'd just find a walkthrough of the game, see what happens, and play through it myself with that knowledge. But, because those things are randomly spawned, I just can't! I can't, don't say that I can, because I can't!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
You are correct, sir! Also, "Impregnate"? More like "fill her with parasites that she needs to then vomit out in order to not die", but yes! Those are indeed the Drain Deimos. See, the problem with that section isn't the fact that they are there; if that were the case, I'd just find a walkthrough of the game, see what happens, and play through it myself with that knowledge. But, because those things are randomly spawned, I just can't! I can't, don't say that I can, because I can't!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you just hate randomly spawning enemies in horror style games or do you dislike it in anything?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you just hate randomly spawning enemies in horror style games or do you dislike it in anything?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It's the combination of the two that's the problem. Spiders and Spider-like creatures wig me out enough as it is, so if they randomly spawn and there's no way to kill them permanently, then I just can't deal with it, and I basically completely shut down. Weirdly, it's not spiders that are kaiju-size that sets this off; only up to human-sizes do.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It's the combination of the two that's the problem. Spiders and Spider-like creatures wig me out enough as it is, so if they randomly spawn and there's no way to kill them permanently, then I just can't deal with it, and I basically completely shut down. Weirdly, it's not spiders that are kaiju-size that sets this off; only up to human-sizes do.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are the examples you cited the worst ones for things you don't want to deal with in specific games or is there something else that you hate more as an encounter/event?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are the examples you cited the worst ones for things you don't want to deal with in specific games or is there something else that you hate more as an encounter/event?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I have to take it on a case by case basis, sadly. I can speak from experience that the goddamn War Wasps in Metroid Prime freak me the hell out, for example, and the gigantic bugs in Earth Defense Force 2025 give me the heebee jeebees despite them being kaiju sized because their textures aren't complete. There's no guaranteed way for me to absolutely say "FUCK THAT!", but good candidates are:

1. Damage to eyes and fingernails
2. Bugs

Edit: this is the reason I have not played RE7, btw: I know about the bitch with the Mosquitos, and I'm mot dealing with that s***, thank you very much!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I have to take it on a case by case basis, sadly. I can speak from experience that the goddamn War Wasps in Metroid Prime freak me the hell out, for example, and the gigantic bugs in Earth Defense Force 2025 give me the heebee jeebees despite them being kaiju sized because their textures aren't complete. There's no guaranteed way for me to absolutely say "FUCK THAT!", but good candidates are:

1. Damage to eyes and fingernails
2. Bugs

Edit: this is the reason I have not played RE7, btw: I know about the bitch with the Mosquitos, and I'm mot dealing with that s***, thank you very much!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 6th, 2022, 12:28 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
In that case I'd maybe advise against RE8 too because the first area has enemies that are made of flies. They don't branch off and attack you independently though and are more like a particle effect on the enemy so maybe you won't find it too bad?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 6th, 2022, 12:28 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
In that case I'd maybe advise against RE8 too because the first area has enemies that are made of flies. They don't branch off and attack you independently though and are more like a particle effect on the enemy so maybe you won't find it too bad?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, they did that in RE6, and it wasn't TOO awful, I guess? Like I said, it's all a case by case basis, so the only way I'll know for sure is if I see it. That is, unless it's in the first category. No, I don't need to see that, thanks; I still have nightmare visions of Un Chien Andalou.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, they did that in RE6, and it wasn't TOO awful, I guess? Like I said, it's all a case by case basis, so the only way I'll know for sure is if I see it. That is, unless it's in the first category. No, I don't need to see that, thanks; I still have nightmare visions of Un Chien Andalou.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Potential Trigger Warning

That's a still image of what the worst instance can be of the enemies I mentioned from RE8. If that image doesn't bother you then I think you should be fine with the game as a whole. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Potential Trigger Warning

That's a still image of what the worst instance can be of the enemies I mentioned from RE8. If that image doesn't bother you then I think you should be fine with the game as a whole. Wink
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
*clicks image* HAHAHAHA, NO! NOPE, NO THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THAT WARNING!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
*clicks image* HAHAHAHA, NO! NOPE, NO THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THAT WARNING!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, glad I could be of service. XD
So for games like that where you wouldn't want to play them, do you try to experience them in any other way instead? Like for RE games you can't play due to that stuff, do you just read about them, or watch a playthrough and skip through the parts you can't stomach?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, glad I could be of service. XD
So for games like that where you wouldn't want to play them, do you try to experience them in any other way instead? Like for RE games you can't play due to that stuff, do you just read about them, or watch a playthrough and skip through the parts you can't stomach?