What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think a fair amount of people do know that the yearly releases for sports games is stupid, but that number probably pales in comparison to the number of people who just see a notable brand like FIFA or Madden and buy it without a second thought every year. Heck, FIFA is still releasing new games on the Switch yet for the last four years or maybe longer the Switch version only updates the roster and nothing else, whilst the game on every other platform gets all the new content and gameplay improvements, and despite how awful the Switch versions are (IGN have a very notable approach to reviewing the Switch version) they must still sell enough for EA to continue doing such a lazy job.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think a fair amount of people do know that the yearly releases for sports games is stupid, but that number probably pales in comparison to the number of people who just see a notable brand like FIFA or Madden and buy it without a second thought every year. Heck, FIFA is still releasing new games on the Switch yet for the last four years or maybe longer the Switch version only updates the roster and nothing else, whilst the game on every other platform gets all the new content and gameplay improvements, and despite how awful the Switch versions are (IGN have a very notable approach to reviewing the Switch version) they must still sell enough for EA to continue doing such a lazy job.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I see you've turned 30! Happy Birthday and congratulations on making it through three decades of life! Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I see you've turned 30! Happy Birthday and congratulations on making it through three decades of life! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Happy 30th, Maniak! Hope you had the best day you could possibly have and shared it with your special person, and if not today, then some time soon in celebration ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Happy 30th, Maniak! Hope you had the best day you could possibly have and shared it with your special person, and if not today, then some time soon in celebration ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ahh, crud I missed it. Happy Belated Birthday, Maniak! I swear I knew it was in September and around this time, dang it!
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ahh, crud I missed it. Happy Belated Birthday, Maniak! I swear I knew it was in September and around this time, dang it!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So did you do/get anything for your birthday @Maniakkid25? Smile

Also if you never noticed I replied to your music thread a while back. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So did you do/get anything for your birthday @Maniakkid25? Smile

Also if you never noticed I replied to your music thread a while back. Wink
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Jesus, I didn't notice. Thank you for the poke.

It was fine. I got FF7R, and it turns out the game runs pretty much flawlessly on my potato computer, so that was a pleasant surprise. Other than that, I hung out with people, and not much happened. I actually had off on my birfday, so that was nice.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Jesus, I didn't notice. Thank you for the poke.

It was fine. I got FF7R, and it turns out the game runs pretty much flawlessly on my potato computer, so that was a pleasant surprise. Other than that, I hung out with people, and not much happened. I actually had off on my birfday, so that was nice.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you use the first subscribe option on that music thread you'll get an alert anytime someone replies to it if you want an easier way to keep track of replies. Smile

What specs does your computer have? I'm curious to see how they are now that you've shown surprise at FF7R running on it. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you use the first subscribe option on that music thread you'll get an alert anytime someone replies to it if you want an easier way to keep track of replies. Smile

What specs does your computer have? I'm curious to see how they are now that you've shown surprise at FF7R running on it. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB )
16 Gigs of RAM

If there are any other specs you'd need to know, I can get them, but either way, I know I'm due for an upgrade for a graphics card, at the very least. What I'm probably gonna end up doing is wait for my tax return, and use that to buy a new PC, because I don't trust myself to not destroy something inserting a new graphics card. Yes, I'm sure it's easy for you to say "it's not that hard"; you don't know how adept I am at breaking things.

Edit: Also, the reason I was surprised it ran as well as it did is because Borderlands 3, a game from the year before FF7R came out on PS4, only runs at Medium settings at 30 fps, and even that is sketchy at times.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB )
16 Gigs of RAM

If there are any other specs you'd need to know, I can get them, but either way, I know I'm due for an upgrade for a graphics card, at the very least. What I'm probably gonna end up doing is wait for my tax return, and use that to buy a new PC, because I don't trust myself to not destroy something inserting a new graphics card. Yes, I'm sure it's easy for you to say "it's not that hard"; you don't know how adept I am at breaking things.

Edit: Also, the reason I was surprised it ran as well as it did is because Borderlands 3, a game from the year before FF7R came out on PS4, only runs at Medium settings at 30 fps, and even that is sketchy at times.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting, we have almost the same graphics card, except mine doesn't have the Ti part on the end of the name (I guess because a Ti is too big for a laptop?).
As for FF7R running better than an older game, maybe it's because Borderlands is also open world and has a lot more things with all the weapons and such so it has to load a lot more stuff than FF7R does? That or it's just down to optimization, since I know the engine used for the newest RE games is stupidly optimized for running its games smoothly on hardware that should struggle with them.

I forget if I've ever asked this one (I'd be amazed if I didn't) but since I've been watching Tamers lately and there's been a lot of digimodify scenes to highlight the Digivices, how would you rank the different Digivice designs? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting, we have almost the same graphics card, except mine doesn't have the Ti part on the end of the name (I guess because a Ti is too big for a laptop?).
As for FF7R running better than an older game, maybe it's because Borderlands is also open world and has a lot more things with all the weapons and such so it has to load a lot more stuff than FF7R does? That or it's just down to optimization, since I know the engine used for the newest RE games is stupidly optimized for running its games smoothly on hardware that should struggle with them.

I forget if I've ever asked this one (I'd be amazed if I didn't) but since I've been watching Tamers lately and there's been a lot of digimodify scenes to highlight the Digivices, how would you rank the different Digivice designs? Smile
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I don't recall this question, but hoo, Jesus. I actually really like the Adventure 02 and Frontier digivices. Ghost Game's is a little too "Apple Watch-y", Adventure's is basically just a beeper, and the D-Arc in Tamers has neat functionality, but it basically ONLY does the card thing. Oh, and App Monsters is literally just a smartphone app, so yeah. The D2 and D-tector actually had some function besides just digivolution, like maps and stuff. I'm a big "function before form" guy, so that's why I gravitate to them.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I don't recall this question, but hoo, Jesus. I actually really like the Adventure 02 and Frontier digivices. Ghost Game's is a little too "Apple Watch-y", Adventure's is basically just a beeper, and the D-Arc in Tamers has neat functionality, but it basically ONLY does the card thing. Oh, and App Monsters is literally just a smartphone app, so yeah. The D2 and D-tector actually had some function besides just digivolution, like maps and stuff. I'm a big "function before form" guy, so that's why I gravitate to them.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh speaking of the D-Arc, would you be interested in owning one that functions like this?

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oh speaking of the D-Arc, would you be interested in owning one that functions like this?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've been rewatching Digimon Frontier lately and the early episodes of that show really make the characters unlikeable to me, so I ask you this. Who are your least liked characters in Digimon? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've been rewatching Digimon Frontier lately and the early episodes of that show really make the characters unlikeable to me, so I ask you this. Who are your least liked characters in Digimon? Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
@ShiraNoMai That's neat! I would not mind having one, no.

Well, I could just point at Data Squad and say "All of them", and be done with the question, but that doesn't explain anything. Really thinking on the matter, I'd have to go with Rika and Thomas, both of which have the same problem: they are complete and utter assholes to everyone around them until a key moment where they then start to care. I just REALLY have a problem with that character archetype; it's just a "me" thing.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
@ShiraNoMai That's neat! I would not mind having one, no.

Well, I could just point at Data Squad and say "All of them", and be done with the question, but that doesn't explain anything. Really thinking on the matter, I'd have to go with Rika and Thomas, both of which have the same problem: they are complete and utter assholes to everyone around them until a key moment where they then start to care. I just REALLY have a problem with that character archetype; it's just a "me" thing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 12th, 2022, 09:15 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I'm surprised Koji from Frontier doesn't fall into that for you too since he refuses to have anything to do with the rest of the characters until he just decides to stick with them for whatever reason.
I will give Rika credit though that she does reflect upon herself near the very end of the show and admits she acted like a terrible person for the sake of herself. I can't speak for Thomas since I don't know who he is and I'll assume he's from Data Squad which I don't think I'll ever watch. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 12th, 2022, 09:15 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I'm surprised Koji from Frontier doesn't fall into that for you too since he refuses to have anything to do with the rest of the characters until he just decides to stick with them for whatever reason.
I will give Rika credit though that she does reflect upon herself near the very end of the show and admits she acted like a terrible person for the sake of herself. I can't speak for Thomas since I don't know who he is and I'll assume he's from Data Squad which I don't think I'll ever watch. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Thomas is indeed from Data Squad, and you are right about Koji; don't know why I forgot his jackassery. My mind was stuck on J.P. and how much of a little s*** he is before he gets to be Beetlemon.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Thomas is indeed from Data Squad, and you are right about Koji; don't know why I forgot his jackassery. My mind was stuck on J.P. and how much of a little s*** he is before he gets to be Beetlemon.